Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
That pre-existing thing that Romney will cover

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 10:30

"After the first presidential debate at the University of Denver in Colorado on Wednesday night, one of Mitt Romney’s top advisers acknowledged that, as a result Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare, people with pre-existing medical conditions would likely be unable to purchase insurance.

The admission directly contradicts the GOP candidate’s claim during the debate that “pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan” a contention Romney has repeated on the trail and that his campaign has repeatedly walked back.

“With respect to pre-existing conditions, what Governor Romney has said is for those with continuous coverage, he would continue to make sure that they receive their coverage,” said Eric Fehrnstrom, referring to existing laws which require insurance companies to sell coverage to people who already have insurance, or within 90 days of losing their employer coverage.

Pressed by TPM’s Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws" like Romney’s own Massachusetts health care law" that ban insurance company from discriminating against sick people.

“We’d like to see states do what Massachusetts did,” Fehrnstrom said. “In Massachusetts we have a ban on pre-existing conditions.” end quote

Governor Romney attacking Obamacare was hilarious: I'll repeal evil Obamacare, and have all 50 states setup individual Romneycares, which are designed to function just like Obamacare. The feds can't tell insurers what to do, but all 50 states can. You, the President, can't force them to cover people, but I, the Governor, can.

So lets let all those bankrupt states handle it, shall we? Jebus, Massachusetts has one of the highest per-capita incomes in the country, twice that of the lowest income states. Sucks if you were born in Mississippi.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: That pre-existing thing that Romney will cover

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 10:30

Governor Romney attacking Obamacare was hilarious: I'll repeal evil Obamacare, and have all 50 states setup individual Romneycares, which are designed to function just like Obamacare. The feds can't tell insurers what to do, but all 50 states can. You, the President, can't force them to cover people, but I, the Governor, can.

Well, last night was NOT the typical Romney that we have seen and heard for the past few years. Maybe he had an epiphany, and is becoming a "caring man", esp for the 47%....sarcasm*

The irony with that statment is that if it's up to the states to have healthcare, the FLYOVER states will continue to NOT have health ins, and people will be without teeth, arms, legs, diabetic....but still voting Republican.lol

o

The irony with that statment is that if it's up to the states to have healthcare, the FLYOVER states will continue to NOT have health ins, and people will be without teeth, arms, legs, diabetic....but still voting Republican.lol

You can say that again. The vote against your own best interest never cease to amaze me. You have described that rural Southern Republican with one tooth in their head and it is iridescent brown/yellow

It is stupid to say the insurance company will protect them. There is a record of how the insurance company operate.

o

So the Federal Government is going to dictate to the states to each come up with their own health care policy like MA, and if they don't, what with being bankrupt and all, its tough cookies.

IOW, replace Obamacare with a wild dream of the states taking on the responsibility.

o

There will be a backdraft when sensible people look past the slick corporate presentation and realize Romney tried to play them as a sucker.

o

This should be easy to decide. Under Romney, I have no access to health care. Under Obama, I have a good chance of being part of a nationwide pool that will make health care accessible to me. Hmmm... big decision...

o

Romney/Ryan2012
"Wealth Care!"

o

• Posted by ENMc none (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 15:45

>>This should be easy to decide. Under Romney, I have no access to health care. Under Obama, I have a good chance of being part of a nationwide pool that will make health care accessible to me. Hmmm... big decision...<<

You'd think so, wouldn't you. But that is not the case, at all. It isn't the way the repugs have framed the issue... and for whatever reason, the repugs are doing the defining. The Dems have not done a good job of defining. IOW's the repugs have succeeded in doing what they do best. Divide and conquer.

Down here, in Florida, even working class people who will benefit from this are against it? Why, you ask?

Because the repugs have them convinced that others will benefit MORE. That "others" will get it for free, therefore they will pay more. Even if you tell them this isn't true, it doesn't matter to them. They simply do not believe that "others" (usually dark skinned others, illegal others, welfare others) won't be, somehow, scamming the system or even when they are blatent enough to admit to their prejudice, admit that it is ONLY blacks/darkskinned people who will benefit MORE.

I have witnessed professionals in a workplace say these things.. during the orientation session where they hand you the company policy on zero tolerance for racial prejudice of any kind!!

All I know is that my family needs this and I don't care how it helps others as long as it helps me. That's because I know it helps everyone.

They tell them lots of lies.. the big one being that illegal immigrants will get free care. Which is almost funny... since they seem to okey dokey with using them for just about everything else down here! State Government would shut down if they were serious about not hiring illegal immigrants. They use them for all sorts of outsourced positions that were once good paying jobs with benefits.

E

btw, you are probably already entitled to coverage under the ACA. It depends on what your state is doing. If they are one of the states that has refused to implement the Health Insurance Exchanges then you can get care through one via the federal government. All you need are 2 things. 1. a preexisting condition with a note from your Dr stating that. 2. you have had no insurance for the last 6 months. There will be a cost... a monthly premium...it covers meds, too. There would be low copayments for those..as well as low co-payments for Dr.'s vists. I do believe the monthly premium would be reasonable.

o

Romney was screeching that umpty million people would lose their health insurance under Obamacare - where that came from, who knows.

And just how many people are going to lose their coverage w/o Obamcare? More.

Why President Obama let that one slip by, I dunno.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here