Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When will it stop?

Posted by jillinnj (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 11:57

When will we get to stop posting about these idiots??

I mean really, how can one be this stupid and get elected?

More Junk Science: GOP Congressman Says Abortion Is Never Necessary To Save A Woman's Life

On Thursday, after his debate against Demcorat Tammy Duckworth, Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) told reporters that an abortion exception is never necessary to save a woman's life, explaining, "with modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" of a woman dying from childbirth. Walsh claimed pro-choice advocates simply used the prospect of maternal death "to make us look unreasonable."

Walsh went on to assert that women whose health would be jeopardized if they carry their fetus to term are simply using the exception as a "tool" to get an abortion for "any reason."

With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance...There's no such exception as life of the mother. And as far as health of the mother, same thing, with advances in science and technology, health of the mother has become a tool for abortions anytime under any reason.

In fact, pregnancy-related deaths have increased in the US, climbing to a rate of 15.1 deaths for every 100,00 live births. Walsh's own colleague, Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA), spoke on the House floor in 2011 about getting an abortion because her life was in jeopardy.

By pretending these women don't exist, Walsh joins the ranks of his other colleague, Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO), who ignited a firestorm over his opposition to a rape exception because "if it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Here is a link that might be useful: More Stupidity

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When will it stop?

We don't want it to stop if it means these guys don't get re-elected.

o

Just another Republican WHIZZZ for BRAINS kid!

o

Would a brain transplant raise Joe Walsh to a higher life form? Where do these people come from and why are they all running for political office?

Perhaps he should investigate Preeclampsia - pregnancy related high blood pressure that can be life threatening. Occurs in 7% of pregnant women according to something I read. Untreated or unresponsive to treatment, it can lead to convulsions, organ failure, coma, or death.

Also, severe diabetes, heart disease, trauma from car accidents.

And ectopic (tubal) pregnancies.

o

Ya, it's a mindset I'll never understand, Jill. How a man, first of all, and one with no medical experience, can stand up and say something like that... it's so ludicrous, it defies all logic and common sense.

What rock did this idiot crawl out from under?

o

What always surprises me is how "pro-life" (anti-choice) issues attract so many ignorant types who mistakenly believe they are scientifically well-educated. Where do they get the nonsense they come up with?

Kate

o

Oh goodie deadbeat father Walsh "caring" for the children.

He was also berating Duckworth alleging she cares too much about clothes (what?). Duckworth hit him right over the head with her reply, along the line of "Clothes? The clothes I wore most were Camouflage."

o

What worries me even more are that there may be constituents who will actually swallow this bilge. After all politicians are power figures and what they say must be correct......

o

What always surprises me is how "pro-life" (anti-choice) issues attract so many ignorant types who mistakenly believe they are scientifically well-educated. Where do they get the nonsense they come up with?

That is the amazing thing, isn't it. I think it's what we see quite often here. If the real facts don't support your position, make up some new ones that do.

o

I think they are talking to the uneducated MASSES, and that is precisely where they want to keep them-dumb.

If they (The Reps)use catchy slogans, and soundbites, those women will vote for them. Critical thinking is too difficult.

I hear that Akin is getting more votes. lmao

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here