Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
this is romney not campaigning. lol!!!!

Posted by ann_t 8a (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 12:07

As the US Eastern Seaboard struggles to come to terms with the impact of Tropical Storm Sandy, presidential election campaigning has been temporarily suspended. "The election can take of itself," Barack Obama said yesterday evening.

At least, I thought it had been suspended. But I was wrong. The election can't take care of itself after all.

It's just been announced that Mitt Romney is to attend a "storm relief event". His vice presidential running mate Paul Ryan will attend a separate event to "thank volunteers". And his wife Ann Romney will be appearing at her own separate "storm relief events".

All good, non-partisan stuff. Except Paul Ryan isn't thanking volunteers in New York or Atlantic City. He's thanking them in the in the pivotal swing state of Wisconsin. And he's not thanking volunteers actually involved in the relief effort (they're too busy trying to bring relief to people). He's thanking people who are collecting supplies for the relief effort. And they, entirely coincidently, happen to be collecting those supplies in one of the "firewall" states he and Mitt Romney have to win next Tuesday.

And Anne Romney? As I said, she's attending two "storm relief events" of her own. And where are they being held? Well, knock me down with a feather. Or a hurricane. Anne's off to Wisconsin and Iowa. Again, neither significantly affected by Sandy. But both vital to her husband's election chances.

What about Mitt Romney himself? His "relief event" is taking place again purely by chance in Ohio. Yes, that just happens to be the same Ohio every commentator acknowledges he has to win if he wants to win the White House. But let me reiterate, it's not an election rally. The USA Today story reporting his itinerary makes that perfectly clear. "The GOP presidential ticket cancelled its scheduled campaign rallies out of sensitivity for the millions of people in the storm's path," it takes care to remind us.

The fact that Romney is being joined by "race car driver Richard Petty and country singer Randy Owen", is, again, a mere quirk of fate. And were I to find myself coordinating the response to a major natural disaster, the first group I would turn to would be my crack team of rapid-response country and western vocalists.

Am I being too cynical? Perhaps I am. Mitt Romney has an election to win, and Barack Obama is going to get the next 72 hours to swan around looking presidential.

But I thought Mitt Romney and his supporters shunned petty politicking at these times of great national crisis. It was Mitt Romney who said in the second presidential debate: "I find more troubling than this, that on the day following the assassination of the United States ambassador the first time that's happened since 1979 when we have four Americans killed there, when apparently we didn't know what happened, that the President, the day after that happened, flies to Las Vegas for a political fund-raiser." Ah. But flying off to Ohio for a political photocall sorry, but who are we kidding less than 24 hours after 16 Americans have been killed in the worst storm in a generation is just fine.

Perhaps the election will be able to take care of itself for a couple of days. But if it can't, don't worry. Mitt Romney will be on hand just in case.

Here is a link that might be useful: Romney's Non Campaign Schedule

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: this is romney not campaigning. lol!!!!

Mitt Romney is a fake and trying to capitalize on the tragedy of the century. It's beyond disgusting for a stupid photo opt. Ask him if he'll deny FEMA to those in need like he said he would. Fake/Liar. Wonder of Ryan will wash clean dishes for the opt?

Meanwhile MY President is coordinating and talking to ALL governors unlike Romney who called the GOP ones. Romney pathetically said yesterday he talked to the weather service . Big F-ing deal. My President is in charge and Christie gave him the highest praise I ever heard from a GOP.

o

To be fair, the press has been covering Romney's statements in the primaries that FEMA be disbanded and the bankrupt states allowed to cover their own disaster relief. That is, if it isn't pushed off into the private sector all together.

And I'd bet money that within a day or two, there will be super-PAC funded TV ads up in those same states showing the flooding, voiced over with the above Romney quotes.

o

The Obama campaign said former President Bill Clinton will make two stops in Colorado -- in Commerce City and Denver.

The campaign said Clinton�s trip is part of a swing through battleground states and states with strong Democratic bases, which include Iowa, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin. He'll also be making a campaign stop in Orlando.

..oh the horror of it all. Or you could have had a live fund raiser conference call with Obama this this morning at 8 am Eastern time.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 12:32

His "campaign speeches" have been shown on local stations here in Ohio today, and they even had a concert for the supporters, er I mean volunteers who were applauding Romney up on stage with the flag behind him telling people to get out and vote.

"now I am gonna go over to the table and collect canned foods, enjoy the concert"

o

Romney is such a phoney. No one will fall for his ruse.

o

Oh, I'm so offended!

I'm more offended by four Americans dying for no reason other than the negligence of Barack Obama.

o

He is trying walk it back now. He is toast. There is just so many things he can try to walk back. It never fails when you lie, you have to tell another lie, eventually they run into each other and knock you over. First Jeep, Now FEMA what next?
-------------------------------------------
Romney has proposed a budget that includes across-the-board cuts on federal programs, with the exception of defense and entitlement programs, as a way of curbing the growing federal deficit. But he has not said specifically where those cuts would be. Asked if FEMA's budget could be on the list for potential cuts, Henneberg did not comment.

Romney has publicly supported a House GOP budget bill drafted by his running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, that called for greater efficiency in federal disaster relief spending.

The debate over FEMA funding could be revived in coming days amid predictions that Hurricane Sandy could cause massive power outage and damage in its path.

Here is a link that might be useful: FEMA

o

Demi..have some sympathy to all the mllions here without power and the 25 deaths SO far and the general misery they are going thru. Let me guess FOX is covering Benghazi and NOT the most massive storm to hit this country EVER!!!..Still won't let it rest will you, although Bush let 3000 die with his carelessness in not heeding warnings.

MY President is taking charge despite Romney trying to insert himself. They should run Christie's comment as a pro Obama ad.

BTW..your lovely Righties are running comments on FB that all NYC should have been destroyed.

o

lily, Romney has always been known for his charitable giving. Inserting himself? You have got to be kidding. Anything he or anyone else can do to bring goods and relief to people, many who have lost everything is to be lauded. The first thread when I opened HT this morning was dissing Romney. Didn't see you calling for sympathy for the millions then.

o

Demi..have some sympathy to all the mllions here without power and the 25 deaths SO far and the general misery they are going thru. Let me guess FOX is covering Benghazi and NOT the most massive storm to hit this country EVER!!!..Still won't let it rest will you, although Bush let 3000 die with his carelessness in not heeding warnings.

It makes me proud to be a Liberal. When the south had their hurricane we showed the caring and appropriate feelings for our fellow Americans. They could careless about the Ambassador it is just can we blame the President. Something, Anything please can we say something negative even if it is a lie.

This election I feel will prove the importance of what America was built on. The support for one another.

o

I'm probably reading too much into this but yesterday Romney was mentioning that his thoughts were with those about to go through the "storm" as he called it. It wasn't Hurricane Sandy or a superstorm it was just a "storm" - you know one of those fall storms with some rain and wind. It was like he was setting the stage for criticism in case the advanced warnings didn't live up to the reality. It was like he was positioning himself so that he could come out and be critical of all the wasted efforts if nothing happened. I haven't heard him speak today so I don't know his reactions about what actually happened.

(I don't like Romney, I find him to be smarmy. His body language with his closed-mouth grins and dog-eyes is scary and there is no warmth - JMO)

o

Thank you Demi.

FYI, Fox has been on the air all night and still on the air and have talked about nothing but the storm. They have not mentioned Obama or Romney and have just run their informaiton at the bottom of their screen.

You people have a warped sense about FOX. They are not as evil as you keep making them out to be. They work out of NY and all live in NY. Do you really think they don't care about what is going on?

If you could just hear yourself when you go on and on demonizing Romney. It's to the point of making me feel uncomfortable for you. Obviously some of you came out of this tragedy unscaved and able to come to this forum and insult Romney. Instead of counting your blessings and good fortune you come here to crucify Romney. Sad, very sad.

Christie shows what a decent politician does in the face of a tragedy, they extend their gratitude to others, no matter what their political affiliation. Someone on CNN said "even though it must have killed Christie to say it...." Now you know that is just uncalled for. That is not journalism and reporting the news, that is just nasty comments. There was no story, but they made it one.

Christie is a better man than the Mayor of N.O. that when faced with Issac appoaching and Governor Jindal taking the ball and running as he always does, our democratic mayor Landrieu, unlike the other government leaders in our community did not once thank Governor Jindal for his leadership, etc. Now that shows the difference between a Rep and a Dem.

o

Just heard on TV that the Red Cross doesn't need canned goods etc. right now. They need money and that people showing up with canned good right now are just a nuisance.

Mrs, Bill Clinton's event are being called campaign events and Romneys also are campaign events , but oh, Romney can't call them that during the aftermath of this disaster.
It's hypocritical to pretend they are anything else and I think that is what people here are objecting to.

o

Well, isn't this post proof positive that regressives are not compassionate. How anyone can be so cold to ignore the fact that people have died in this storm and bring up something they think will hurt Obama is beyond me. I find it disgusting, but not at all surprising. There was a time, not that long ago, that I would have been surprised by that comment by demi. That is no longer the case and unfortunately, it's expected. Shameful.

Can you imagine her outrage if this storm had hit Louisiana and a liberal here made such a cold comment? There would be pages of lectures.

o

This is bulls!it . Romney gives to his church. Ryan washed CLEAN dishes for a photo op, and the Obama whole family regularly volunteers at homeless shelters thru out his presidency and NOT for photo ops. The Red cross does NOT want this. They have to clean the donated clothes, ship the canned goods. They want money. If Romney was NOT using this as a campaign event he should have issued a public statement saying send your money to the Red Cross, NOT the clothes and food he's collecting .Why did he do it in Ohio?...hmmmm

This IS a campaign event because he doesn't want his smarmy face to disappear from the camera, while Obama is in the oval office in suit and tie conferring with governors and people REALLY in charge. Oh wait, Mitt called the weather service. Everyone was impressed with FEMA..Ask Mitty why he wants to get rid of it? Again WHO was in charge when 911 occurred? Who was in charge when Katrina hit? BUSH, the incompetent.

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 12:48

MY President is taking charge despite Romney trying to insert himself. They should run Christie's comment as a pro Obama ad.

BTW..your lovely Righties are running comments on FB that all NYC should have been destroyed.

My sympathy for the people in the storm is quite intact and sincere.

SO is my sympathy for the four Americans who died because of Barack Obama's refusal to increase security despite repeated requests, and the resulting unnecessary deaths of these public servants.

I wouldn't know about Fox, blogs, or Facebook.

I don't have the time for all of that and could not
care less what anyone else thinks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

o

How could someone who wanted the FEMA budget slashed from 13 Billion to 1.3 Billion (Romney) pretend to care?
Gawh, I hope people are NOT stupid come election day.

I will ask this again: WHAT is it about Romney that you TRUST?
I don't think the man would tell you the truth whether he's wearing boxers or briefs....UNLESS someone would tell him which were more popular....He doesn't know what he stands for.

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 14:14

At the campaign event in Ohio today that some are pretending was "storm relief" supporters who gathered watched Romney's trademark campaign video on large screens, then Romney gave a campaign speech and finally his supporters were entertained with a concert. Many if not all the supplies on the table were purchased by the Romney campaign, maybe his workers can take them home cause the Red Cross is unable to accept them. When asked about FEMA by reporters Romney refused to answer.

o

FOX and Friends is still shilling for Romney. The talked with Gov. Christie this morning and Steve Doocy asked Christie if perhaps Romney could get a photo op with him and go look at the damage in N.J. Christie, to his credit, told them to get real, that he had a job to do and could (sic) care less about politics right now.

The New Jersey governor even took his message to Fox News, saying that Obama had helped "tremendously."

"I spoke to the president three times yesterday," he explained. "He called me for the last time at midnight last night asking what he could do. I said, if you can expedite designating New Jersey as a major disaster area that that would help us to get federal money and resources in here as quickly as possible to help clean up the damage here."

"The president was great last night," Christie continued. "He said he would get it done. At 2 a.m., I got a call from FEMA to answer a couple of final questions and then he signed the declaration this morning. So I have to give the president great credit. He's been on the phone with me three times in the last 24 hours. He's been very attentive, and anything that I've asked for, he's gotten to me. So, I thank the president publicly for that. He's done -- as far as I'm concerned -- a great job for New Jersey."

Fox News co-host Steve Doocy wondered when Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was going to get some of the same benefits from the hurricane with a photo op in disaster-stricken New Jersey towns.

"Over the last couple of months, you have appeared throughout the country, Governor, on behalf of Mitt Romney," Doocy remarked to Christie. "[W]e hear that perhaps Mr. Romney may do some storm-related events. Is there any possibility that Gov. Romney may go to New Jersey to tour some of the damage with you?"

"I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested," Christie replied, immediately shutting down the idea. "I've got a job to do here in New Jersey that's much bigger than presidential politics and I could [sic] care less about any of that stuff."

"I have a job to do," he added. "I've got 2.4 million people out of power, I've got devastation on the shore, I've got floods in the northern part of my state. If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics then you don't know me."

Draw your own conclusions about how "fair and balanced" FOX is. I'll bet that if Doocy and friends had known that Christie was going to say good things about Obama and tell them they were off base for ferrying Romney around New Jersey so he could look presidential (or whatever it was FOX hoped Romeny would look like), that they would not have given Christie the opportunity to say that or, if it had not been live, would have edited the tape to cut out that part of Christie's remarks.

o

What a big oopsie for Fox News. Governor Christie is well-known for saying exactly what he thinks and I respect that he gave credit where credit was due, and also obviously didn't want to be lumbered with the presidential hopeful when he was trying to put his state back together again. He's no Obama fan so that gives his words of praise for the president added weight.

o

Got to give credit where credit is due. Good for Governor Christie.

At the rally in Kettering, Ohio, Romney offered this advice on cleaning up the aftermath of Sandy.

He told the story of a high school football game and how after the game was over the field was "filed with all sorts of rubbish and paper goods." They didn't know how they'd clean it all up, until someone gave everyone a "lane" within the yard lines. "So we're cleaning in our lane, if you will," Romney said, by donating these goods.

Would these be Republican Lanes?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 14:35

And I will stand in for "hayday" and report that Intrade has Obama at 63% today and Romney at 37% .. since Obama's numbers are usually given but a slight slip in failing to report Romneys. Also, in Ohio, they have Obama at 60% and Romney at 39%.

Thanks Hay :)

o

Christie was a "fat pig" and "blowhard" according to liberals here.

He says one positive thing about Obama, who hasn't done anything any other President wouldn't do, and now Christi is getting your praises?

This is a thread about Romney and campaigning, it is a political thread, folks.

Talk to the OP who started this thread trashing Romney during the Hurricane Sandy if you want to get all upset about people talking about politics during a weather crisis.

As Jodik points out--this is Hot Topics.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, or only open threads about Hurricane Sandy.

o

Everyone is acting as if Obama is doing something beyond
what he should be doing at this time.
He is doing nothing extraordinary.
For once he is doing his job!

I didn't think he would do any less.
This makes a huge campaign statement for him.

If he hadn't stepped up to the plate on this one....even his most staunch supporters would have jumped ship.

He is doing nothing more than he is paid to do.
Remember that.

o

I am still surprised Christie has been praising Obama as much as he has. That's awesome he even did it on Fox. I agree with dockside - Fox could not have been happy about that!

Christie is not adverse to lying and stretching the truth. He's been hitting the major of Atlantic City, someone he has a history with, very hard during this storm. He's been saying that the mayor ignore/defied his orders to evacuate and that he told people they didn't have to leave. I searched for that info last night before my power went out. As far as I can tell, the mayor never said that. He was telling people to leave. Of course, he cannot force people out of their home, just like Christie cannot. They can issue mandatory evacuation orders but if people refuse to leave, there's nothing they can do. The mayor set up shelters for people that refused to leave.

So, it's even more surprising to me that he is praising Obama.

o

As for Christie praising Obama.
Christie is as smart as they get.
He would kiss the butt of a lion if he had to , if it meant getting what he needs for his state.

Thats politics folks. He knew if he didn't smooze the pres
he would have to stand in line.
The Pres holds grudges and Christie isn't too proud to
kiss butt when it comes to his state.

o

Do you Righties even remember Katrina?...Atta boy ,good job, Brownie and Bush, the incompetent, flying over the disaster looking down from his plane. He said we weren't aware of people being stranded and Ted Koppel said.."Turn on your TVs."

o

Well, I should hope he is doing what he was paid for--or I'm going to quit paying him his salary!

Unclear why delivering on a deal (giving what you paid for) is a bad thing when it applies to the President.

Would love to see you bad mouth the President like that in front of Gov. Christie. That no-phoney Republican would bite your Republican head off in 2 minutes flat!

Kate

o

Posted by citywoman2012 none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 14:38

He is doing nothing extraordinary.
For once he is doing his job!

Unlike Bush during Katrina.

o

Facts are Romney is preaching to the choir. The event was preplanned and the crowd was comprised of supporters with perhaps the odd "independent" thrown in. They will spin it any way they can to try and make Romney look good but if it looks like a campaign event and smells like a campaign event and walks like a campaign event then...............

The folk in the thick of this disaster will see it for what it is and that's wall ths matters.

o

Obama, who hasn't done anything any other President wouldn't do

Love that - no praise for Obama, just doing what he's supposed to! Chuckle.

Christie isn't too proud to kiss butt when it comes to his state.

Apparently liberals aren't the only one to bash Christie .... Ha!

o

He didn't kiss behind when it came to Barbra Streisand taking his reserved seats at the White House, though!

Neither did the Marine who made Barbra and James Brolin move from Christie's seats, and also the other reserved seats Streisand and Brolin took after they were removed from Christie's reserved seats.

Such entitlement!~

o

Just when I think my opinion of Mitt Romney cannot possibly be any lower, he pulls another despicable stunt like this.

I wish he would retire to the Caymans to pass his days watching his money and leave politics to those that lack his tin ear, and make at least a pretense of empathy.

o

He knew if he didn't smooze the pres he would have to stand in line.

Since when is it necessary for a governor of a state to go on TV and praise the President to get FEMA funds for their state?

Just delusional. I guess you are not capable of giving credit where credit is due. I am no fan of Gov Christie (don't forget I live under his rule) but at least he's capable of admitting that the President is handling the situation. Maybe you could learn something. Unlikely, but I can always hope.

o

As for Christie praising Obama.
Christie is as smart as they get.
He would kiss the butt of a lion if he had to , if it meant getting what he needs for his state.
Thats politics folks. He knew if he didn't smooze the pres
he would have to stand in line.
The Pres holds grudges and Christie isn't too proud to
kiss butt when it comes to his state.

Of course it never occurs to you, that the president is just doing his job properly and it has nothing to do with politics, plain and simple.

Unlike Bush, who was "asleep at the switch", along with his entire administration during and after hurricane katrina.

Of course, because it is President Obama in the White House, and not a Republican, you make the assumption that a Republican governor must "kiss the butt" of the President to get what he needs.

President Obama, much to your dismay, doesn't do things this way, that is except in your paranoia bubbling through when you speak.

President Obama is doing what is expected of him as President of the United States, regardless of what state it involves, whether it is a blue state, a red state or a toss up state.

I guess that really is difficult for you and your GOP pals to understand. Unlike Bush and his crew with Katrina, Obama is performing his job.

Maybe it's your fears coming out, feat that Obama doing his job will give him the edge to win the election, while your candidate, well let's just say he is doing everything he can to get a photo op and doing what he has been told not to do, collect items for victims of Sandy, when the red cross has told him and others not to do it.

HMM, not to smart, not to intelligent, and certainly not very presidential like when he does the opposite of what disaster relief agency tells him and others to do.

o

Another who is not a Christie fan but one can never accuse him of not speaking his mind.......which is exactly what he did. Some just don't like the message.

Romney must be so ticked to see the President getting such high praise and poor him sitting on the sidelines

o

Oh, Hurricane Sandy Obama's Savior!

o

demi and citywoman, I'm ignoring your disgusting remarks to the best of my ability.

I will say that a Republican president did not do what a president is supposed to do during Katrina. Far, far from it. Much closer to home, when we had deadly and widespread wildfires here a few years ago, what does Bush do but, right in the middle of all the chaos and terror, comes down here with his presidential motorcade and gums up the rescue effort. My stepdaughter's husband, a sergeant in the police force, was helping out by being with a fire truck that was trying to get to some burning houses. They were told they could not advance because the presidential motorcade was expected! He finally plotted a roundabout route and got to the fire, much later than would have otherwise been the case. Not EVERY president is the same. Some worry more about photo-ops than the lives and welfare of the people who should be their first concern.

o

Yeah... I saw a photo-op of Romney handing out Gatorade, of all things... reminded me of the soup kitchen photo-op with that pristine white apron and not a bead of sweat on a forehead, belonging to Ryan, I think... claiming to be hard at work...

Also reminiscent of using recently publicized death as a political opportunity...

It's hard to raise the bar when you can't get your fingers under it...

o

President Obama , looking very much in charge at the Red Cross event...asking for checks to them saying goods aren't needed, go to their website and donate. Wonder what they'll do with all the candles Romney collects?..lol. I am loving that Christie and Obama will be touring tomorrow while the Mittster seethes. Christie recognizes the field will be open in 2016. Time to start running for president.

o

Demi that was a very tasteless remark .

o

omg, you liberals are so thrilled about the destruction on the east coast? Just so Obama can finally do something besides campaign and fund raise? He can make speeches and tour the devastation and receive accolades and kudos instead? Perhaps people will forget about Benghazigate and 23 million unemployed, and 16 trillion in national debt. Glad it makes you all so happy.

o

Oh so true, Chase, oh so true!

o

The remark, not your comment.

:)

Obama had better hope he gets enough photo ops standing in water looking concerned, and even better with Christie by his side.

Of course with the Obama Media Express there will be no shortage of Presidential Photo Ops.

That four years of Hope and Change hasn't worked out so well for him.

The sad thing is, it hasn't worked out so well for US.

o

omg, you liberals are so thrilled about the destruction on the east coast?

Really? That's what you're going with? Pretty low, mrskjun.

o

Nastier and nastier....

o

MrsK and Demi...as one who has gone thru this nightmare hurricane I resent your petty statements. Or is it a reflection back on your parts remembering how your idiot of a President handled Katrina?.Heck of a job, Brownie, (a former horse trainer). Then he flew a mile above and looked down on the devastation. Are you pissed because one of your heroes praised Obama and will be appearing with him tomorrow? Are you pissed because we have a President in charge while you pathetic guy is collecting candles?

o

Well, Mrs, just a new low for you. I'm sitting here in the NE, been through the storm, which for my area could have been a heck of a lot worse, but it was sure bad enough, and I'll still praise Obama and do so long before I will every have anything to praise Romney about.

I have family, inlaws in NYC that we haven't been able to reach yet, some in lower Manhattan others upper, and I assure you, they are still singing the praises of Obama and have nothing kind and nice to say about Romney and never will either.

We also have family and friends in NJ that has been devastated by the storm and in PA and Ohio. none of them will do anything but sing the praises of Obama a well.

So please, keep your insulting comments about liberals to yourself. You have no idea what the heck you are talking about, but you are making yourself look like a fool, to say the very least.

o

Are you pissed because we have a President in charge while you pathetic guy is collecting candles?

Don't know about other states, but here in MA, they advise against using candles as the risk of starting fires is so high.

They tell people to use flashlights and have lots of batteries, not to use candles.

OOPs, now we got the GOP guy passing out candles? Geez doesn't he say he's from MA? He did live here for a long time, at least he owned a home here. He should know what the advise is during storms and power outages here in MA?

Oh, maybe it's just his personal brain function. That's for everyone else kind of attitude, I can do what I want, when I want and no one can tell me what to do. I'm above everyone else kind of attitude.

Yup, bet that's it. Just Romney being Romney, but not what this country needs.

o

I agree lily. Their petty statements are shameful and disgusting. And as for MrsK's statement it again shows her complete lack of reading comprehension. Try going back and reading read slow. If you can't understand, nobody can help you.

Just can't stand the fact that the President is doing Presidential things. Unlike that joke Romney. Doing the exact opposite of what the Red Cross is asking people to do. And their guy GWB that mishandled the Katrina situation so badly. You know that President that they would vote for again in a second. You remember him -- the one responsible for tens of thousands of dead people. Can't ever admit the President is doing his job well as long as that President is a democrat. Even Chris Christie, who is almost as bad as Romney when it comes to lying, has the human capability to admit that the President is doing a good job. Maybe you can learn something from him.

o

lily, I'm sooo glad to hear from you. Do I dare ask about the fate of your koi, especially your big 9 lb boy? I really want to know.

o

Ingrid, my 9 lb big boy is swimming around as they all are. I'm not feeding today...letting them settle down. Their pond is over flowing and they are stressed but alive. Thanks for asking.

o

This is good:

Michael Brown, the former FEMA director infamously praised by President George W. Bush for doing a "heckuva job" during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, told a local paper that President Barack Obama acted too quickly in mobilizing relief for Superstorm Sandy.

"Here's my concern," Brown told Denver's Westword on Monday, suggesting that the official response was actually making people complacent. "It's premature [when] the brunt of the storm won't happen until later this afternoon."

Obama declared states of emergency all along East Coast states in the path of Sandy on Sunday, well before the storm hit, allowing federal resources to start flowing where governors thought they would be needed. FEMA and local reposnders were able to pre-position a lot of the material being drawn upon now.

Seems like a smart move, Brownie.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 16:46

So Brownie says that the prez is moving too fast? "Conservatives" sure do make it difficult for Obama to walk their narrow tight rope while poking him with sticks.

o

Can you imagine her outrage if this storm had hit Louisiana and a liberal here made such a cold comment? There would be pages of lectures.

You do not have to imagine what Demi, MrsK CW or any of the our little government money needed for their hurricane would feel if you said one negative thing. They were in a uproar when Heri mentioned that gov't funds were going to them. It was like how dare you.

You see how tasteless, and classless people can be when it is not their city. But as I said it is not the Republican in total. I have conservative neighbors that have class so there are some that just do not know better. It is a different area of thought that could be the difference. Their life experience they described as we discussed around the ID. That I am not asked for ID and perhaps they live in a higher crime area. Life experience is different.

It could be why they are a suspicious about Benghazi. When your life is distrust it is a way of life with everything.

o

But, Marquest, were they also suspicious about 9/11/11? Were they screaming about Bush ignorning warnings? I wasn't here then. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I suspect they weren't.

I also remember a post about red states taking more federal money than blue states and then demi went on a long tirade about how she's going to withdraw all her money from her savings and start taking from the government to make that post accurate. Like the post was all about demi! Certainly can't say anything negative about their state, now can you?

And, you're right, it's not the Republicans in total. Rob is the perfect example of that. I have to keep reminding myself that not all Republicans are like the nasty regressives that come here. Rob helps me do that.

o

Mitt is not campaigning in Tampa tomorrow morning either....

ML

o

So please, keep your insulting comments about liberals to yourself. You have no idea what the heck you are talking about, but you are making yourself look like a fool, to say the very least.

Littleone, you have made so many insulting comments about conservatives, and specifically to me--one heck of a tirade or nasty personal speculation about me a few months ago--which is part of the record here, and you have the nerve to tell conservatives not to say anything negative about liberals?

I don't think so.
The world doesn't work that way.
Neither does hot topics, littleone.

For the record, I am not a republican, I'm an independent voter--registered independent.

Jill, you haven't been here long enough but plenty of people have said negative things about "my state" (where I presently live) and I've not said a word.

I've even said negative things about my state.

S0 your little comment, "Certainly can't say anything negative about their state, now can you?" is totally wrong.

As usual.

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 17:17

Mitt is not campaigning in Tampa tomorrow morning either....

(^_^)

o

I don't like Romney, I find him to be smarmy. His body language with his closed-mouth grins and dog-eyes is scary and there is no warmth - JMO

I agree with this opinion. I also think some others' opinion postings in this thread stink. I call them the Benghazi desperation opinions. This storm MIGHT give him the popular vote but it won't give him the electoral vote.

He's toast and he know's it...his handlers know it.

-Ron-

o
RE: this is romney not campaigning. lol!!!!..

Btw/Mitt's non-campaign appearance in Tampa tomorrow is being called a 'Victory Rally'.

ML

Here is a link that might be useful: Need tickets?

o

Well, isn't that interesting! A victory rally! Is that like "mission accomplished"?

o

Is that like "mission accomplished"?

If we're lucky, Romney will skip the flight suit.

o

For the record, I am not a republican, I'm an independent voter--registered independent.

Well guess what Demi, so am I, so is my husband, my daughter and my son.

Actually, I have to correct that for hubby daughter and myself. We are registered unenrolled, in ma, since that is how the independent voter is declared here. We have an independent party registered in the state, therefore the designation change.

And I stand by my comments to you and if you don't like them, that is your choice.

Go at me all you want, there is nothing I have said that even remotely compares to the comments you have made or your pals here on HT have made.

Speculation? Trying to understand where your thought process comes from, one does speculate. If that is nasty, well, I just don't know.

But actually saying omg, you liberals are so thrilled about the destruction on the east coast? just goes way, way to far. That's not negative, demi, that's way, way out there in the insult category as well as showing oneself's real lack of character.

Why you can't admit that, is, well beyond understanding.

o

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 17:49

Actually, I have to correct that for hubby daughter and myself. We are registered unenrolled, in ma, since that is how the independent voter is declared here. We have an independent party registered in the state, therefore the designation change.

And I stand by my comments to you and if you don't like them, that is your choice.

Go at me all you want, there is nothing I have said that even remotely compares to the comments you have made or your pals here on HT have made.

Speculation? Trying to understand where your thought process comes from, one does speculate. If that is nasty, well, I just don't know.

But actually saying omg, you liberals are so thrilled about the destruction on the east coast? just goes way, way to far. That's not negative, demi, that's way, way out there in the insult category as well as showing oneself's real lack of character.

Why you can't admit that, is, well beyond understanding.

I have never said anything personal about you, or insulted you for giving your opinion. I try not to engage you.

You can't say the same, and the nasty, nasty hateful and speculative things you said about me and my personal life a few months ago are etched in my memory and on record, littleone.

As to this comment of yours, saying I am showing a "real lack of character:"

"But actually saying omg, you liberals are so thrilled about the destruction on the east coast? just goes way, way to far. That's not negative, demi, that's way, way out there in the insult category as well as showing oneself's real lack of character.

Why you can't admit that, is, well beyond understanding."

Exactly what is it I can't admit, and where do you get off telling me I have a "real lack of character?"

I have no idea what you are talking about, you better get to explaining.

o

lily, I've lost two homes to hurricanes and got this one this year from Isaac.
Photobucket

We've had entire towns wiped off the map. I can assure you that days before this election, you'll be promised the moon by this administration. And hopefully you will get it. So resent my petty statements all you want. And guess who showed up in Louisiana days before Obama, offering whatever help he could give?

o

Good thing your license plate is covered, mrskjun.

The creeper(s) with no life would be calling in favors trying to identify you!

Let me guess, mrskjun--Romney showed up?

Obama already knew he couldn't win Louisiana, why would he bother to do much?

o

Get your facts. FACTS MATTER. I know I know not to the ones that are haters, looking for any excuse, any lie will do in a hurry.

But you should not worry Romney wants to give it to for profit private business. You better be ready and buy your government supplemented flood insurance and start practicing that YOU BUILT IT policy and stop looking for those handouts

When the president initially issued an emergency declaration for 16 parishes, the governor said he should include 19 more, which Obama did the next day. Jindal also said the federal government should cover all state and local storm preparation costs, beyond the 75-25 percent share set by the president.

But that was the same split ordered after Hurricane Gustav in 2008 by former President George W. Bush, which Jindal did not criticize at the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bobby Jindal Entitlement Man

o

Marquest, I don't know about mrskjun, but I am not a supporter of Bobby Jindal.

I have voted for him in the past, but would never vote for him again.

o

Support Jindal...not a chance. btw marquest, I have never gotten a single dime from the government after a hurricane.

o

Me either.

I'm waiting on littleone 's explanation about my "real lack of character" and I have no idea what littleone is talking about.

Not that it would matter--that is just one more personal insult from littleone to me--against the forum rules.

But I'm waiting for an explanation because I didn't say what littleone quoted and accused me of saying.

o

I think she may have been talking about my lack of character demi...you know that pot/kettle thingie.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 19:25

Just what we need. Canned goods and old clothes. Is this going to be passed out only to Republicans?

o

Telling anyone on this forum they have a lack of character is against the rules, I believe.

Shall we see?

Littleone? Buehler? Buehler?

o

mom, I can only assume you have never been through a hurricane. People will stand in line for those canned goods, toiletries and things they need. Most of the store shelves are empty, transportation to restock them won't come easy. Red Cross vouchers are a wonderful thing and will help people tremendously, but there are some immediate needs. Lot's of ATM's won't be working, people won't have cash, many won't even have jobs. Your derision is misplaced.

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 19:54

I've been through many hurricanes, including this one, and snow storms, too. Don't be patronizing.

Mitt Romney is running for PRESIDENT, and this is the best he could do. Did he think we wouldn't notice that this was actually a campaign rally, and this was a pathetic attempt to hide that fact?

He wants to disband FEMA and send our tax dollars to the private sector. I think not

ROMNEY: Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better.

o

Mrskjun, you don't get it.

The money raised through Red Cross buys food and gets it delivered at a cheaper cost then collecting canned goods hundreds of miles away and shipping to where it is needed.

Donate money!

Ml

o

He does not want to privatize FEMA. It is just never ending.

He did not give a campaign speech, he collected donations. But if he wanted to have a campaign rally, are you saying that wouldn't be ok? Is it ok for Bill Clinton to be having campaign rally's for Obama?

o

Do you righties just not get it? The Red Cross doesn't want goods, they want money. It takes money to transport goods, and clothing needs to be cleaned, But then you couldn't have a pseudo campaign "rally" if you wanted people to send money, could you?

o

Lily, I'm so glad everything is fine with the koi. I really had the feeling that losing them was making you more desperate than almost anything else. I can understand that; your other animals were safe with you but these poor guys were on their own. All's well that ends well......

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 20:26

MrsK I am sorry but I live here and his speech was broadcast on local stations ... it may have been short but it was definitely a campaign speech with the words added "get out the vote". Many of those supplies on the table were bought by the campaign and that was stated by his own people. There was a campaign video also. This was a campaign stop along with the crowd of Romney supporters that were treated to the video, speech etal.

There is an election coming up and he cannot afford to disappear from site while the sitting president is front and center, I understand that, but lets call it what it was and not pretend it was anything else.

o

lily, if you ck into it, the Romneys are also asking people to send money to the Red Cross. Guess people can't do both huh?

o

MRSK..The Red Cross does NOT want goods. Is that clear to you guys? They actually said so. There is storage involved and transportation.

Mittster was asked 11 times why he wants to get rid of FEMA. He did not answer 11 times but hoisted water bottles in the truck for the photo op. Didn't want to stay out of the spotlight doncha know?

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 20:54

Well the President is asking people to send money to the Red Cross, and the Red Cross is asking people to send money, of course Romney is asking.

.....federal emergency response could be hampered by the GOP ticket's budget proposals, which stipulate that the government should only disburse disaster relief funding if Congress agreed to offsetting budget cuts elsewhere.

Great, just what we need, Congress arguing about disaster relief while people die during and after a disaster. How long will that take - weeks, months? Never, probably. What if Congress is not in session? Disasters happen at the most inconvenient times.

It's just a stupid idea.

Sounds like Katrina all over again times 10.

o

The Kettering Rally was scheduled. So calling it something else doesn't change the fact that Romney did not suspend his campaign,even though he announced that he would.

And if he really wanted to help why not ask the best way to do so? The Red Cross has information on their website that specifically states that they do not want food and clothing.

The man couldn't put together a "storm relief" event and get it right, and he wants to be President?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

He is a clueless twit who in no way can identify with people below his level.

Way more classy is the Obama campaign which today instead of asking for donations for Obama, asked for donations to be sent to the Red Cross.

o

The true incompetents during Katrina that caused so much loss of life and suffering in the aftermath were the Democratic Mayor and Governor. The Governor was so dense she didn't even know she had the power to send the National Guard to help. Someone had to tell her. Nagin sat in a hotel room crying like baby squealing "I don't know what to do." Then 2 days later he left, went north and we didn't see him again!!

Brown was not on top of things and George Bush was not either, but the first line of help for those people stranded on their roofs and in the superdome were the result of the mayor and governor. I was there, I know.

I hear people talking about they don't like Jindal and they wouldn't vote for him, well I tell you what if and when there is a storm this man is on top of every tiny detail. He's giving updates to the public 2-4 a day and whatever is necessary. The man is super organized and under his watch people are evacuated and sent to safe, clean facilities. He's so detail oriented that I'll never forget when we the first hurricane after he took office, I don't remember the name of the storm, but he even made sure all the shelters had toys, games, dolls, coloring books, etc. for the children. Who the heck has ever gone to a shelter and had these things provided for their kids. This past year when Issac hit Jindal was once again, coordinating with surrounding cities/parishes, informing the public and doing everything humanly possible to get people evacuated who needed evacuation, etc. He's the guy I want as my governor when a major storm hits.

When we evacuated for Batsy when I was a child I remember we were given a cot and a bologna sandwich!! Speaking of bologna, that's what the Red Cross was handing out after Katrina, that and a small bottle of water to people who were stranded in their homes. I wouldn't send a nickle to the Red Cross. There are so many other worthwhile organizations that actually serve the public with the all money they collect.

o

Thanks for the personal insight, GGM.

I know that since Katrina the procedures where I live have been tightened considerably, and the last evacuation up here this summer went smoothly.

Way different than little old ladies driving up in their cars with meals and being pushed down and her car taken over and people fighting over and spilling the food in her back seat.

There is a definite plan now, also people are more careful with where to send their money--like you suggested with the Red Cross. I've also heard horror stories about them not releasing funds and requiring so much red tape, even when people's lives are in danger, that I'm not sure I would give to the Red Cross.

I have access to finding the best use for my donations, though, and have a call in regarding where to send money to help people in the Northeast.

o

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that criticism of the Red Cross may be connected to the fact that the President was so positive in his support of them today. Can't be having any of that!

Pathetic and incredibly transparent.....

o

I gave money to the Red Cross today. Used the link from Obama's website to get there.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 22:11

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that criticism of the Red Cross may be connected to the fact that the President was so positive in his support of them today. Can't be having any of that!

Pathetic and incredibly transparent.....

Obviously because you have an agenda and think the worst of people, obviously GGM and obviously me.

There is no reasonable explanation other than that.

The fact of the matter is, I've heard these complaints about the Red Cross from a former IRS agent I worked with years and years ago, when he was involved in recovery after Hurricane Betsy in the 1960s.

But of course you would think it had to do with what Obama said today.

I haven't even listened to Obama today.

Do your remarks seem paranoid and accusatory? You betcha.

"Transparent?" Hardly.

Ask Obama about transparency.

o

Oh, but, Jill... we're supposed to stop mentioning Bush and quit blaming him, don't you know... we're supposed to let every faux pas he ever made fade into the depths of obscurity, even though it may be pertinent to today. When history is ugly, it has to be swept under the nearest rug, never to be referenced again!

o

lily, I'm sorry if you missed Obama's fundraising conference call yesterday morning at 8 am eastern time. Better luck next time.

No jodik, you can continue blaming Bush for everything he did or didn't do. But guess what? Obama has been president for the last four years.

o

As I said, I believe the criticism of the Red Cross is connected to the Presidents remarks , specifically the comments with regard to their need for money not canned goods etc.

That's it plain and simple. Think what yo want.

o

Obama has been president for the last four years.

So true. Too bad he's had to spend it cleaning up the mess left by your guy that you would vote for again. Sure, let him kill thousands more people!

Yet, he's still made progress in moving us forward, not backward. Something your guy could not do even though he started with a roaring economy and a huge surplus. Too busy spending it on wars and killing people while letting Wall St almost destroy everything.

But, as Jodi says, we're not supposed to even mention it! Good luck with that! Hope you don't read any history books in the future because it will not be kind to YOUR GUY.

o

Chase you are believing a conspiracy in your own head.

Because you are dead wrong.

Again.

Why are you so prejudiced against me to the point that you feel it necessary to post WHY I have the opinions I do?

That's not what this forum is for.

But when you do, and I correct you, you basically come back and call me a liar.

Why do you do that, too?

Do you have an agenda when it comes to me?

Why do you bother?

Why do even bother to think WHY I think like I do, and then why do you even bother to post YOUR insistence that I am lying about why I think like I do?

Are you given marching orders, as well, or are you just that consumed with what I post and why I post it?

Because I couldn't care less how you think or why you think it.

Perhaps if you spent more time giving your own opinions rather than making up wild and misleading reasons for why I have the opinions I do I might care what you think.

But when you're constantly posting this kind of garbage, then I explain why I said what I did, and you bother to post AGAIN that you still think I was questioning efficiency of the Red Cross because of what Obama said yesterday (when I said I didn't even listen to Obama yesterday or read anything he said) and not because of the reasons I related, you're actually calling me a liar.

I just wonder why you have it out so much for me.

I've never done anything to you and you are just so convinced I'm this evil person, so apparently you take every opportunity to let me know that by this last little exchange of calling me a liar.

Really, it's quite petty, particularly in view of the fact that you're wrong.

It's quite disturbing, really.

Rent free, Chase, rent free.

o

As I said I simply stated my opinion.....and I most certainly did not call you a liar.

o

You suggested it--although it was not germane to the subject and none of your business WHY I have the opinion I do, you suggested WHY I think like I do.

I went out of my way to take the time to correct you and in fact tell you exactly why I had that opinion, and it had nothing to do with Barack Obama.

Then you wouldn't leave my word at why I had that opinion to stand, you went to the time and trouble to post this back in retort:

" Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 8:48

As I said, I believe the criticism of the Red Cross is connected to the Presidents remarks , specifically the comments with regard to their need for money not canned goods etc.

That's it plain and simple. Think what yo want."

That's suggesting I am a liar about why I suggested that I had reason to believe that the Red Cross was not necessarily the best place to send my money.

There was nothing political in what I said, and yet you went out of your way TWICE to intentionally mischaracterize my opinion and paint me in a bad light, with absolutely no basis in fact, TWICE bringing Barack Obama into the mix.

Again--why do you do this?
It's petty and it is just wrong and I resent your insinuations about me, personally.

This forum is not meant for your personal vendetta and I'm minding my own business posting on this thread and you decide you're going to take on my character and fabricate lies about my motives for my opinions.

That's what is wrong, Chase.

And I just don't understand it.

It's extremely petty and not becoming.

I don't do that to anyone that just gives their opinion about a topic, and that's all I did.

o

"And I will stand in for "hayday" and report that Intrade has Obama at 63% today and Romney at 37% .. since Obama's numbers are usually given but a slight slip in failing to report Romneys. Also, in Ohio, they have Obama at 60% and Romney at 39%.
Thanks Hay :)"

Standing in for Hay is a big job. Good luck!!!

"since Obama's numbers are usually given but a slight slip in failing to report Romneys."

I don't understand what you're saying with that part. You do understand that, except for the very, very unlikely possibility that NEITHER Obama nor Romney will win the election, the "numbers" for Obama and Romney should add up to 100%? I give you Obama's, you got Romney's, too.

It's a $10 bet. Right now you can buy "Obama winning" for about $6.50. (Looks like looking Presidental is a also a good reelection tactic right now.) Without even looking I can tell you that the price for "Romney winning" is going to be about $3.50.

I'll sell you both bets for $10.01 all day long. Us speculators are nice like that.

(Tell me the origin and meaning of "rent free" sometime. I missed that.)

Hay

o

Rent free--taking up space in someone's brain because they obviously think about you and talk about you so much.

That space you take up in their brain is "rent free."

o

You know something I find amazing regarding the OP. Back in 2008 McCain asked Obama to suspend the campaign for a few days so they could deal with the financial crisis. This would have included rescheduling a debate....Obama's answer.

As for the debate, he said, "It�s going to be part of the president�s job to be able to deal with more than one thing at once."

Aides to Obama characterized McCain�s proposal as a ploy to distract attention from his standing in the polls, which has fallen sharply in the last few days as Americans focus on the economic crisis on Wall Street. hmmmmm

o

How's this one for hypocrisy?

Barack Obama, 2008:

"And that's to be expected, because if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters.

If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things."

This election is indeed, about much larger things than Big Bird and Binders.

This election is about our future, debt, jobs, the economy, and our security.

But by all means, let's look to our leader Obama to trivialize this election with Big Bird ads and focus on binders.

What a disappointment Barack Obama has been--not just in his performance, but in his pettiness, constant blaming of other people, and his narcicissim.

o

The only point of the OP, mrskjun, is that Romney said HE was cancelling his campaign event for that day ... but HE didn't. So he flip flopped!!

I see no criticism from the Obama campaign on Romney's behavior and in fact the Obama surrogates have continued to campaign on his behalf themselves.

o

Turns out not only the Ohio victory rally err I mean "storm relief event" was staged, the donations were too:

Just to be safe, campaign aides reportedly spent $5,000 at a local Wal-Mart on supplies that could be put on display. When supporters arrived at the rally-turned-relief event, they were treated to the 10-minute video about Romney's life, which was first unveiled at the RNC. The event ended with supporters lined up to hand over supplies and meet Romney. But according to BuzzFeed, this donation process was also staged:

Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, "What if we dropped off our donations up front?"

The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. "Just grab something," he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their "donations" to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest "Thank you."

Here is a link that might be useful: Fakin' It.

o

Posted by maddie_athome (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 13:02

Turns out not only the Ohio victory rally err I mean "storm relief event" was staged, the donations were too:

Just to be safe, campaign aides reportedly spent $5,000 at a local Wal-Mart on supplies that could be put on display. When supporters arrived at the rally-turned-relief event, they were treated to the 10-minute video about Romney's life, which was first unveiled at the RNC. The event ended with supporters lined up to hand over supplies and meet Romney. But according to BuzzFeed, this donation process was also staged:

Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, "What if we dropped off our donations up front?"

The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. "Just grab something," he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter

Barack Obama, 2008:

"If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things."

...like peanut butter.

:)

o

A totally staged event to make the smug smirking candidate look like he even gives a damn which clearly he doesn't .God, I can't stand that pompous ass.

o

Mitt Romney, 2011:

During a GOP primary debate last year, Romney had said he supported the idea of states and private sector groups taking over responsibility for disaster relief.

o

His road to ruin bus tour can head on up to the coast and fling the collected goods out the open door - no need to mingle that way. Saw a picture of some of the donated stuff - included dry cereal and Dixie Cups.

Exacerbated by a totally inept staff, Romney's personal inability to relate on any level is writ large.

o

If Romney had really wanted to help, and not be perceived as campaigning, why didn't he hold one of his major fund raisers. Instead of collecting a few cans of soup, why didn't he just have a $25,000 or $40,000 a plate dinner with proceeds going to a Storm Relief Fund?

~Ann

o

His campaign went to Walmart and bought some of the canned goods and water, then gave them to people to give Mitty for his photo op. The lying phoney.

o

That would have taken some thought beyond I, me, I Mitt Romney need to look like I'm doing something worthwhile for a photo op. People filing past putting $bills in a jar doesn't have the same cachet. In fact, I'll bet that would be considered boorish in Romneyworld.

o

Demi, you want to turn this thread into another one of your "demi threads" go right ahead.

No where did I accuse you of anything, you know that, others on the thread no that as well.

give it a rest already. My words where directed at Mrskjun to start, you know that, so does everyone else.

I responded to your attack on me, my mistake, as it let you attempt to hijack the thread into one of your "demi threads".

I did not accuse you of anything, maybe a class in reading comprehension would help you out with this and understanding of what people post on threads and you don't like the poster.

As for your implied threat that I have broken forum rules, and you want to see if I did, heck go for it and report me. If you think that is going to scare me, keep trying cause it doesn't and I am not worried about it either.

Sorry, Demi, but not all posts are about you, attacking you, accusing you of anything. Try reading the posts before you go after someone and accuse them of saying things that they didn't say, or accusing you of saying things.

o

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 17:49

"For the record, I am not a republican, I'm an independent voter--registered independent.

Why you can't admit that, is, well beyond understanding."

YOU started talking about me, littleone.

YOU said THIS:

"But actually saying omg, you liberals are so thrilled about the destruction on the east coast? just goes way, way to far. That's not negative, demi, that's way, way out there in the insult category as well as showing oneself's real lack of character.":

I asked you to explain yourself and you have refused to do it.

You have falsely accused me of saying something I did not say and then excoriated me by calling me by name and saying, "demi, that's way, way out there in the insult category as well as showing oneself's real lack of character."

And you have the nerve to come back and tell me I'm making a thread all about me?

Without even so much as an apology for falsely accusing me of making statements I did not make and insulting me for making statements I did not make by saying I am showing a "real lack of character?

o

I think we can learn a lot here about how a President Romney would run the gub'mint. See how neatly he stacked everything on the tables behind him?

o

Nearly everybody has falsely accused you of almost everything, demi. Why don't you just shorten your response to quotation marks ( " " ) to indicate you are registering the same response over and over and over again.

It would save us all lots of time.

Kate

o

I'll tell you what will save time--that is to stop making ugly accusations about my character and insulting me for only giving my opinions about a topic.

o

But you know that wouldn't be any fun for Spike and the Chesters demi!!

Of course you could shorten it and just say...ignore the troll

o

I like these two sentences about the storm damage at the end of a paragraph about Obama & Christi's tour of New Jersey in the Wall Street Journal.

" On one portion of Point Pleasant Beach, a town about 60 miles north of Atlantic City, someone had written "ROMNEY" in large letters in the sand. Mr. Christie has said the damage will likely be in the billions of dollars."

I don't know. It seems one good wave should take care of that damage. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: wsj

o

LOL Althea.

Ryan now did the same, staging a "relief event", in Wisconsin, no less (no cleaning of already clean pans this time). Both trying to look "helping" without actually helping.

Romney/Ryan2012
"We're good at fakin' it!"

o

Lilly, I'd love to see some evidence of the Obama family regularly volunteering at homeless shelters. I can't find any. Please do not respond with "Google is your friend".
Ingrid, Bush's hampering the rescue/relief efforts close to you is exactly why I think Presidential visits to disaster areas are a stupid idea. I thing Bush did the right thing by flying over the aftermath of Katrina instead of landing and taking people away from the rescue efforts. I know many disagree with me but if someone is trapped in a house, I'd rather have someone trying to rescue them than providing security or preparing for a Presidential visit.

Anyone who thinks that Obama is just doing his job in each speech has been drinking the kool aid. Listen to his speeches. He gets in at least one slam on the Republicans and a few buzzwords for his campaign in every speech. The criticism could easily be left out, imo.

Anyone who believes any of the campaign stops where someone hands out food for the homeless, washes dishes, takes donations, eats lunch, etc. aren't staged are easily fooled. Every one of them is staged. From Mrs. Obama serving lunch in a food kitchen to Romney collecting food, the Presidential handlers are showing you something that exists for just a few minutes and isn't indicative of the real world.

A Federal state of emergency was issued by Bush for Katrina two days before Katrina made landfall. The government did not sit idly by and wait for disaster as many here have implied. Resources were available and in place. I know my husband and his co-workers worked just as many hours before and after Katrina as he has for Sandy.

I have found it interesting throughout this thread and others that so many libs based their opinion of a person on that person's physical appearance and mannerisms.

o

jlhug: Go to google images and type in Obama Family volunteering.

o

What do you want from me if you can't use Google...a handwritten statement from Obama? I know for a fact that he , Michelle and the girls work at soup kitchens regularly a few times a year since he came into office. I don't know the dates, maybe Thanksgiving? I'm not his social secretary. But I do know he didn't wash clean dishes and smile for the camera.

o

Well lily, I did google, found one instance....and this was one of the comments.

"At least Paul Ryan washed a pot ----- Obama shoved a worker out of the way for this photo opportunity then jumped back in his limo. lol"

o

WOW I guess I Google better! LOL I found several stories of the entire family volunteering at food banks, soup kitchens and schools.

o

I distinctly remember clips of him in a shelter dishing out food and chatting with the people. They volunteer a lot and if your searching skills are limited , don't blame me. ..Maybe Maddie can show you.

o

I don't think President Obama hindered relief efforts the way Bush did when he inserted his motorcade into the middle of an out-of-control fire, taking much needed police personnel away from their jobs. Much of Obama's viewing was done from a helicopter and the rest with Governor Christie, who would probably have been there in any case. He was picked up at the airport by Christie so obviously there was no motorcade. A lot depends on how things are done. Obama and Christie met with the stricken people who badly needed to see someone cared about them; Bush just saw a few top officials and took off again. Not at all the same thing.

o

Oh, I've searched and found pictures and articles. Every one looks like a photo op disguised as volunteering. I can't find anything that says how long they stayed other than long enough for a photo op.

Ingrid, DH has been involved in preparing for a Presidential visit. Believe me there are many, many man hours that go into that preparation. Man hours that would have been better spent actually assisting people impacted by the disaster.

o

Jhug, I see things so differently, maybe it's the Canadian in me. I do not care for our current PM one little bit but I think when he and his family do things like spend time in a soup kitchen etc it's not about them...I don't look at it and see it that way.

To me it's about the responsibility all persons in leadership positions have to show how important volunteering is. Yes there is a lot of nonsense that goes into it, but it sets an example I think is important.

I guess I'm a bit of a Pollyanna..and I'm OK with that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here