Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Boss and Bill campaign today for Obama.

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 12:13

in Ohio but never fear, I hear Lindsay Lohen, Ted Nugent, and Hank Williams Jr have a big shindig in the works. Kidding.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Boss and Bill campaign today for Obama.

BO needs all the help he can get.

Heh......Wasn't one of those guys impeached for getting his weasel greased on the Oval Office and then lying to Congress about it? This person is your counterpoint to the whole faux "War on Women" credo that the Dems have been running on? And he's campaigning for BO?

Snort, please go ahead....no.......really.....

o

Here's the message from Bruce on his website. I knew I always loved this guy:-)

Dear Friends:

The election is coming up on all of us and we all have strong feelings about it. I've been getting asked a lot about where I stand, so for those who are interested, here goes.

This presidential election is different than the last one because President Obama has a four year record to run on. Last time around, he carried with him a tremendous amount of hope and expectations. Unfortunately, due to the economic chaos the previous administration left him with, and the extraordinary intensity of the opposition, it turned into a really rough ride. But through grit, determination, and focus, the President has been able to do a great many things that many of us deeply support.

Domestically, that record includes working to increase and expand employment for all, protecting our all important social safety net, passing guaranteed health care for most of our citizens, with important new protections for all of the insured, rescuing the auto industry and so many of the American jobs that go with it, protecting and enhancing the rights of women, and bringing us closer to full acceptance of our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.

In foreign affairs, that record includes following through on the removal of troops from the misguided and deceptive war in Iraq, and vigorously pursuing our real foreign enemies, especially the killing of Osama Bin Laden.

Right now the opposition's resort to voter suppression in so many states is not receiving as much attention as it deserves. I believe that all of us, of whatever views, should be opposing these anti-voter, anti-citizen efforts.

Right now, for the President to be effective in his next term he needs our increased support and he needs support in the Congress, where some sterling candidates, such as current Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio, challenger Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts, and so many others, are fighting to make their constructive voices heard.

Right now, there is an ever increasing division of wealth in this country, with the benefits going more and more to the 1 percent. For me, President Obama is our best choice to begin to reverse this harmful development.

Right now, there is a fight going on to help make this a fairer and more equitable nation. For me, President Obama is our best choice to get us and keep us moving in the right direction.

Right now, we need a President who has a vision that includes all of our citizens, not just some, whether they are our devastated poor, our pressured middle class, and yes, the wealthy too; whether they are male or female, black, white, brown, or yellow, straight or gay, civilian or military.

Right now, there is a choice going on in America, and I'm happy that we live in a country where we all participate in that process. For me, President Obama is our best choice because he has a vision of the United States as a place where we are all in this together. We're still living through very hard times but justice, equality and real freedom are not always a tide rushing in. They are more often a slow march, inch by inch, day after long day. I believe President Obama feels these days in his bones and has the strength to live them with us and to lead us to a country "...where no one crowds you and no one goes it alone."

That's why I plan to be in Ohio and Iowa supporting the re-election of President Obama to lead our country for the next four years.

Bruce Springsteen

Here is a link that might be useful: A message from the Boss!

o

Gotta love Bruce. Always have. He's the working man's friend.

o

Go Bruce!

o

And his concerts are amazing!

o

He's always connected with the working class. Hopefully, those working class voters in Ohio will be listening.

o

Yeah all those overpaid folks lining up to vote against bigger tax cuts for themselves what are they crazy or sumtin?

o

I have to support the words of the Boss. They certainly resonate.

o

Posted by jodik 5 (My Page) on Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 16:19

"Personally, I don't care who a celebrity endorses, politically speaking. I don't need anyone in the entertainment industry to help me decide where my own vote will go. I usually research without the help of movie stars, musicians, and other public figures."

Posted by jodik 5 (My Page) on Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 18:12

"I have to support the words of the Boss. They certainly resonate."

Let me make one thing perfectly clear...

o

Nicely done, elvis.

o

Touche Elvis!

o

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 7:26

I swear, I"m not making this up...........As I read Springteen's words, "Born in the USA" came on the radio, and I read his words with his proud music playing right next to me.

I don't need celebrities to tell me how to vote. But people like him have an opportunity to be heard - yes, because they're famous. If they have a longer reach to a listening public, good for them. No conservative said Eastwood shouldn't have been on the podium, and I have long known that for instance Neil Young is a strong conservative, while always and forever loving his music.

o

There are some people that make me proud to be on their side. Springsteen and Pete Seeger are two of them. If they weren't I'd be disappointed, but I'd still listen to their music.

Oh, and I love Bill Clinton, and every woman I've spoken to admits they would have done the same thing. If you get my drift. If you want to find a politician that degrades women, you are on the wrong track there.

o

You all read Bruce's speech in the post above. I thought you Righties would like to hear your buddy Ted Nugent's words. "Obama is a piece of SH!T and he can suck on my machine gun". Nice. Wonder why we think the Right is losing it's mind ,because he is not alone in his thoughts and comments.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 12:44

Born in the USA isn't proud, it's about a Vietnam vet coming home and getting the shaft.

o

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 12:48

yes, I know, bboy. It's just such good music, and I know the words speak of difficult things. But that's his music, telling it straight when our country stumbles, never giving up on the hope of who we can be. Which is why his above comments resonate.

o

Somewhere in passing on the internet I saw a line-up of some of the celebrities who support Mr. Romney, and I was extremely underwhelmed. The sort of people who are attracted to a candidate often says much about the candidate himself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here