Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Real POTUS

Posted by citywoman2012 none (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 12:13

I found 100's of pictures of Obama & Jarrett and the smile on his face and the light in his face when he is looking at her and just about in every picture...gives you the
picture of the love of his life.
Now I understand the power she has and why he goes no where without her.
She even goes on vacation with him and travels most every where he goes.

This is the real POTUS.

Obama's Strange Dependence on Valerie Jarrett
By Karin McQuillan
President Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden three times before saying yes, because he got cold feet about the possible political harm to himself if the mission failed. Instead of listening to advisors from the U.S. military, Defense, or even State, Obama was acting on the advice of White House politico and close friend Valerie Jarrett. Valerie Jarrett?

This account comes from Richard Miniter's upcoming book Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors who Decide for Him. Miniter has written a half-dozen books on the war on terror. He is relying on an unnamed source within the U.S. military Joint Special Operations Command who was directly involved in the operation and planning of the Osama bin Laden kill mission.

Is the story credible? According to Edward Klein, a reporter once asked Obama if he ran every decision by Jarrett. Obama answered, "Yep. Absolutely."

Edward Klein, former foreign editor of Newsweek and editor of the New York Times Magazine for many years, describes Jarrett as "ground zero in the Obama operation, the first couple's friend and consigliere." Klein -- who claims he used a minimum of two sources for each assertion in his book on the Obama presidency, The Amateur -- writes in detail about Jarrett opposing the raid on bin Laden. She told Obama not to take the political risk. Klein thought Obama ignored Jarrett's advice. Miniter tells us he listened to her, three times telling Special Operations not to take the risk to go after bin Laden.

We need to understand the role Valerie Jarrett plays in Obama's private and political life.

"If it wasn't for Valerie Jarrett, there'd be no Barack Obama to complain about," starts Klein's chapter on Jarrett. He quotes Michelle Obama on Jarrett's influence over her husband: "She knows the buttons, the soft spots, the history, the context."

No one outside Michelle has the access or power over Obama's decision-making like Jarrett does. Here's an odd little fact that gives some insight into what kind of president Obama is: Michelle, Michelle's mother, and Valerie, and only a few others in Washington, are allowed to call Barack by his first name. After work, Jarrett joins Obama at night in the Family Quarters, where she dines often with the First Family. She goes on vacation with them.

Jarrett's title is the weird mouthful "Assistant to the President for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs." She is the gatekeeper, but she is also much more than that. She occupies Karl Rove's and Hillary's old office and has an all-access pass to meetings. She shows up at the National Security Council, at meetings on the economy and budget. She stays behind to advise Obama on what to think and do. Obama uses her as his left-wing conscience. Klein's sources describe how at each pressing issue, Obama turns to ask her, "What do you think the right thing to do is?" As president, he likes to have her next to him "as the voice of authentic blackness in a White House that is staffed largely by whites."

A longtime friend told Klein that Jarrett is the "eyes, ears and nose" of the Obamas. She tells them whom to trust, who is saying what, whom to see at home and abroad. Michelle wants her there: "I told her ... it would give me a sense of comfort to know that (Barack) had somebody like her there by his side." As Obama told the New York Times, "Valerie is one of my oldest friends. ... I trust her completely."

To understand why Obama relies so heavily on Jarrett, we must remember the president's identity crisis as a black man, which is the main subject of his memoir, Dreams from My Father. Valerie Jarrett's adoption of the Obamas as her friends and prot�g�s in Chicago's upper-crust black society was one of the greatest things that ever happened to Obama. Until becoming a community organizer, Obama tells us he felt himself to be an inauthentic American black. Nothing in his life helped him understand or fit into the American black community.

Within a few weeks of Obama's birth, conceived out of wedlock as he was, his mother moved away to a different college, leaving Obama's African birth father behind in Honolulu. There may have been a shotgun wedding or not -- in the memoir, Obama says he is not sure. The only time Barack set eyes on his father was a brief visit when he was ten. Our president lived with his white mother, then with her and her Indonesian husband in Indonesia from age six to ten. He was so unhappy that he chose to leave his mother and live with his white grandparents back in America. Obama's America was the tolerant, wealthy American world of Honolulu's top prep school.

His only black experience was his grandfather's creepy old friend, Frank Marshall Davis, a card-carrying Communist and self-disclosed pederast, who was Obama's voice of authentic blackness. One result of this lonely and unhappy childhood as a mixed-race child was Barack Obama's envy problem. The key to understanding Jarrett's power over the president is that Obama didn't just envy people with normal parents and loving, successful fathers. He envied American blacks, especially those who grew up in intact black families, knowing who they were, comfortable in their black skin.

Valerie Jarrett reflects Obama in many ways. Like himself, Valerie looks more white than black. Her mother had three white grandparents, and her father was black. Like Obama, she lived in the Muslim world for part of her childhood, when her father practiced medicine in Iran. Like Obama, she is a committed leftist. But there are crucial differences. Her father was not a drunk Kenyan polygamist like Obama's, but a famous pathologist and geneticist. Her mother was not a leftist expatriate like Obama's, but a distinguished psychologist. Valerie married into Chicago's black elite, the top rung of African-American society. She went to Stanford, got a law degree from Michigan, and became Mayor Richard Daley's deputy chief of staff, "the public black face" of his administration.

When Valerie Jarrett hired Michelle to work for Daley and befriended her, the Obamas gained access to the exclusive world of upper-class black Chicago politics. Valerie knew everyone whom it was important to know in black and Jewish money circles. She gave Barack entr�e and legitimacy. She financed and promoted his ambitions for national office.

Obama finally belonged. Not that Jarrett's record in Chicago was anything to be proud of. Jarrett was known for her corruption and incompetence. Daley finally had to fire her after a scandal erupted over her role in misuse of public funds in the city's substandard public housing. She went on to become CEO of Habitat Executive Services, pulling down $300,000 in salary and $550,000 in deferred compensation. Again, she managed a housing complex that was seized by government inspectors for slum conditions. The scandal didn't matter to Obama. The sordid corruption was all part of Jarrett's Chicago success story.

Every insider in Chicago told Klein the same thing: Jarrett has no qualifications to be the principal advisor to the president of the United States. She doesn't understand how Washington works, how relations with Congress work, how the federal process works. She doesn't understand how the economy works, how the military works, how national security works. But she understands how Obama works.

The president turns to Valerie Jarrett for definitive advice on all these issues. She has given him terrible advice over and over, and still he turns to her.

Her true job is to make Obama feel proud of himself. When Obama looks at Jarrett, he sees himself as whole and good and real. He is no longer the fake black, the fatherless kid flailing around in a white world, tortured by the unfairness of it all. She fills the emptiness at the core of his identity. She admires and adores him. Jarrett told New Yorker editor David Remnick that the president is "just too talented to do what ordinary people do." And the icing on the cake -- she shares his left-wing politics that project unfairness out onto white America.

Obama relies on Jarrett to create the White House bubble he likes to live in, where his narcissism is stroked and his desire to do the big, left-wing thing is encouraged. Jarrett is the doorman. She runs access to the president. As Klein puts it, she guards him from meeting with "critics and complainers who might deflate his ego." No one gets past Jarrett who has an incompatible point of view.

Jarrett pushed ObamaCare. At the beginning of Obama's presidency, there was pressure on Obama to focus on the economic crisis. Rahm Emanuel advised a small, bipartisan health care reform with popular items such as coverage for young adults -- to get it passed quickly and focus on the country's money problems. Jarrett urged the president to be true to his left-wing agenda. She was all for having Reid-Pelosi create the ObamaCare assault on the American health system and ramming it through on a one-party vote, using Chicago-style politics, while Obama crossed the country doing what he does best: make speeches. Obama liked Jarrett's idea. Emanuel is now out of the White House.

Jarrett pushed the Solyndra fiasco. Jarrett promoted Solyndra because one of her richest Chicago connections, billionaire George Kaiser, a top Obama bundler, had a 35% share in Solyndra. Kaiser visited the White House sixteen times.

Larry Summers, the director of the president's National Economic Council, warned Obama that the federal government should not get involved in venture capital of any sort. Summers understood that crony capitalism sabotages economic growth. Huge government funding distorts and destroys whatever market segment it touches, replacing economic decisions with political ones.

A member of Obama's finance committee warned the president that Solyndra was going bankrupt. But it is Obama and Valerie who see eye to eye, and they saw the value to Obama of rewarding his political cronies. It worked fine in Chicago. Larry Summers is now out of the White House.

Jarrett pushed Obama to take on the Catholic Church over contraception, arguing that it would appeal to single women (she was right) and that religious freedom isn't important (she was wrong). Bill Daley, who had replaced Rahm Emmanuel as chief of staff, argued against Obama pushing contraception on the Church and invited Archbishop Timothy Cardinal Dolan of New York to meet with a displeased Obama, who didn't appreciate hearing from the Church. Daley is now out of the White House.

Valerie Jarrett is the most powerful woman in Washington. She has guided the president's decisions on health care, the budget, the stimulus, the deficit, foreign affairs.

So when Jarrett told Obama that the mission to kill bin Laden was too politically risky, and to play it safe, it is entirely plausible to believe that the president listened to her. It is consistent with everything we know about Obama's dependence on her. According to Miniter's source in the U.S. Military Joint Special Operations Command, Obama listened to her for four months, dithering and deciding no the first three times the military told him that the time to get bin Laden was now.

In The Amateur, Klein reports that another worry won out. Obama was even more scared of the political fallout if voters learned he'd passed up the chance to get bin Laden. What decided him wasn't the national interest, but politics. For once, the president disagreed with Valerie Jarrett.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/08/obamas_strange_dependence_on_valerie_jarrett.html#ixzz28uc4HiLb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Real POTUS

ONE of hundreds

o

Jeez, can we revisit Condie and her 'husband', G. Bush?

What trash.

o

The frantic clawing on the coffin lid as it's slowly lowered into the grave... and what an objective source... oh, my.

Gasp! Obama in pictures! Oh, no!

o

Really? Because he's not looking down at her the way Romney looks down at everyone? See, the difference is Obama treats people with respect. That means not looking at them like they are below him, which Romney thinks just about everyone is. Unless they are his rich buddies or rich campaign contributors.

So, thanks for proving our point, CW.

o

That's one of the singularly dopiest pieces of trash journalism I've seen in quite a while.

o

The more I read certain posts here the more I understand why Romney has the following he has.

o

That means not looking at them like they are below him, which Romney thinks just about everyone is. Unless they are his rich buddies or rich campaign contributors.

How do you know that Romney thinks this?

o

Same way GreatGollyMolly knows that "the only thing Obama wants to do is exact his "revenge" on America", I suppose, Demi.

o

That's one of the singularly dopiest pieces of trash journalism I've seen in quite a while.

Agree, and yet it finds eager followers.

o

How do you know that Romney thinks this?

My opinion. My impression of how he looks at people.

How does CW know Obama looks at Jarrett as the love of his life?

o

Agree, and yet it finds eager followers.

I wonder if the demise of daytime TV and the loss of soap operas has increased the desire for this sort of tawdry nonsense, Nancy? It's like As the World Turns meets The Capitol Steps.

o

Nah. It's just the latest smear. And look who comes running to post&parrot it here.

o

It's just the latest smear.

I've seen it described as 'wingnut welfare' and I'm inclined to agree with that assessment. As for what motivates the audience, to write it down in such a way as to not be banned from this forum...

o

Because I thought this was one of the silliest things I'd ever read, I looked up the author Karin McQuillan. Suffice it to say Ms. McQuillan has plenty of bad things to say about President Obama and when she's not saying bad things about President Obama, she is saying bad things about Democrats. Here's a few titles of articles she has written:

"Can the Democratic Psyops Boost Obama?"

"Obama Destabilized the Middle East on Purpose"

The Rich Versus Everyone Else in Obama's America"

"Obama Wants Fairness More Than Jobs"

"Michelle Obama Pants on Fire"

"Democrats Follow Obama Down a Long Road"

and my personal favorite:

"In a Kindness Competition, Romney Wins Over Obama in a Landslide"

I found this list under the name Karin McQuillan on the American Thinker website.

o

Thats right soupgirl...the left posts left leanings.
The right posts from the right....duh.

But I think if you google you will find alot of
information about Jarrett and Obama.

chisue...Ms Rice didn't live in the WH with Bush
and she didn't go on vacations with him and she most
certainly did not tell him every thought to have.

I am going to e-mail this to Hannity. I have become interested in the real POTUS.

Does no one wonder how radical she might be ?
For someone to have that much power over a President I
am interested in her vision for America also.

o

Disgusting, shameful piece of garbage.

The article is pretty bad, too.

o

Citywoman -- How old are you? Are you really "citygirl"? Do these posts represent the full scope of your listening/reading? Would it be too confusing to access your city library's periodicals?

o

ROFLMAO

No wonder I keep coming back for more. Valere Jarrett doesn't exist?
She doesn't have any influence?
None of it was true?

o

It never ceases to amaze me how one person can write down their personal and biased opinion with no credible sources, no interviews, no actual certifiable facts etc but because it plays into a predisposition of some it is taken as truth.

There is absolutely no way on earth I would ever read an opinion piece and buy it hook line ans sinker , liberal, conservative independent or Martian.

o

It's that 'smear' part that's got me scratching my head. How does having a Senior Advisor implicate a president in anything? And she's a woman, which is even less interesting, if possible, than GWB's man-crush on Rove when he held the same position.

o

CW...you are sooo gullible. We have known for years about Valerie Jarrett's closeness with Obama. You have the most malleable brain . Do mail this to your idol Hannity. Did I ever tell you, every rant you start here, I share with my follow Obama supporters and you invigorate us so much more ...that is after we have a good laugh at the stupidity of the wingnuts.

Someone quick tell Jarrett she has replaced Ayers and Wright as the NEW bogeyman.

o

How does having a Senior Advisor implicate a president in anything?

She's not a 'Senior Advisor;' she's a consigliere!

Machiavellian and mobster implications - a twofer.

Castiglione e Machiavelli concordano nello stabilire che il consigliere del principe ha l'obbligo di essere un testimone veridico, che non adula il signore ma gli rappresenta la verita' dei fatti. Si tratta, per altro, di una riflessione comune nella letteratura politica dell'eta' classica e rinascimentale, presente gia' nelle opere di Plutarco e di qui ripresa, per esempio, da Erasmo da Rotterdam.

o

Gosh, I'm back to my first post here. Candidate Ryan wants to know what you want to hear so he can dress it up a little and sell it back to you. No facts, no plans, just invigorating rhetoric and *real loud* 'leadership'. (By golly, it's gotten him where he is today!)

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 17:39

Mitt Romney 2012
Grandpa was Right!

o

And CW is supposed to be taken seriously with what she posts?

I don't think so.

Unbelievable.

o

She's not a 'Senior Advisor;' she's a consigliere!

Big Ang Val.

o

Valerie Jarrett
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Assumed office
January 20, 2009
Serving with David Plouffe
President Barack Obama
Preceded by Barry Steven Jackson
19th Assistant to the President for Public Liason
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 20, 2009
President Barack Obama
Preceded by Julie E. Cram
Personal details
Born (1956-11-14) November 14, 1956 (age 55)
Shiraz, Iran
Political party Democratic Party
Spouse(s) William Jarrett (1983�1988)
Children Laura
Alma mater Stanford University
University of Michigan
Profession Lawyer

"Valerie Bowman Jarrett (born November 14, 1956) is a Senior Advisor to the President of the United States and Assistant to the President for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs in the Obama administration. She is a Chicago lawyer, businesswoman, and civic leader. Prior to that she served as a co-chairperson of the Obama-Biden Transition Project.[1][2]"

So she really does have the unwieldy job title.

Posted by nancy_in_venice_ca SS24 z10 CA (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 17:09

"How does having a Senior Advisor implicate a president in anything?
She's not a 'Senior Advisor;' she's a consigliere!"

I think Nancy's hit in on the head. "Consigliere" sounds apt.

This president has apparently found a soul mate. I think that's fine; as long as Jarrett's advice is sound. Michelle is probably relieved to have someone taking charge of the president. She has plenty to do what with fulfilling her duties as Mom and now, First Lady. Never mind that she had to set aside her career so her husband could fulfill the "dreams from his father". From what I've read, his political career has been very hard on her. Frankly, my heart goes out to Michelle.

As long as one keeps one's mind out of the gutter, there's no scandal here; just an unusual reliance on one particular person. That is interesting.

o

CW, if I were to google President George W. Bush and Karl Rove, I'd probably find a lot of stuff too but that wouldn't cause me to draw the conclusion that because Karl Rove was a close friend and advisor to President Bush and President Bush chose to spend a lot of time with him, both professionally and privately, and may have taken some advice from him from time to time or asked his opinion on some issue from time to time, that means Karl Rove was the real POTUS. Besides, everyone knows the real POTUS was Dick Cheney (just kidding).

o

CW has missed the huge discovery that happened earlier in the year. Art historians have verified that Ms. Jarrett's prototype has been depicted and -- wait for this! (nod to Bill Clinton's speech at the DNC) -- Ms. Jarrett was even named for her.

You can see Valeria Iaretta trying to look inconspicuous in the background (standing, three-quarter profile), but historians know that this woman wielded tremendous power in the courts were she served as consigliere.

o

Hey, what happened to all the outrage over Czars?

Did the foxbots finally realize that it was just a name given to an executive aide with out real power?

Or that they tried and tried and tried and tried to make it all seem Socialist and dictator-like, and everybody just kept laughing at them, so they gave up?

o

circuspeanut, if you would get your information from something other than CNN, MSNBC, Current and others, you'd see video's by your guy Obama and how he's said in his own words how he will get "even." He's been saying it for years, even before he was president, where have you been? You know that about him, but come here and pretend you don't. Come on, that's why you stand behind him because you want to "get even" too.

Don't play stupid, you know exactly what this man is about and you cheer him all the way. Don't be embarrassed by what he is if you intend on voting for him.

o

GGM, you are funny. If I did not think that you were real, I would say that you were the best satirist on the board. Unfortunately, I think you are serious.

o

Somebody spiked the keg to that dormitory full of Radcliffe theatre majors.

o

Posted by frank_il z5Illinois (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 20:49

"GGM, you are funny. If I did not think that you were real, I would say that you were the best satirist on the board. Unfortunately, I think you are serious."

I think "best satirist" would be Hay, perhaps followed closely by Circus. For example, who could take this seriously: "And she's a woman, which is even less interesting, if possible, than GWB's man-crush on Rove when he held the same position."

o

Garbage in, garbage out. Please let this not be representative of a large portion of the population.

o

Somebody spiked the keg to that dormitory full of Radcliffe theatre majors.

Political improv!

o

Not so improv. That line's been used here before. And no, I'm not going to prove it.

o

Never have I seen so many so obsessive with George Bush.

His name is in every post from the left.
Even Obama still sings his praises.

Obama has been in office long enough now he can stand on his own record.
Oh, forgot, he doesn't want to do that.
Back to Bush bashing.

o

Ingrid, That's what I'm afraid of...this garbage is whirling thru the minds of the lemmings who get it from the talking points of the day courtesy of FOX.

And the Rove Bush connection was just a little TOO creepy. Turd blossom.

o

Please, it's not "Cherchez la femme," over Obama." It's "Follow The Money," at the GOP.

o

circuspeanut, if you would get your information from something other than CNN, MSNBC, Current and others, you'd see video's by your guy Obama and how he's said in his own words how he will get "even." He's been saying it for years, even before he was president, where have you been? You know that about him, but come here and pretend you don't. Come on, that's why you stand behind him because you want to "get even" too.

Okay lets explore this get "even."

Can you explain what he has to get even about? Lets see he received the best education at the same school Romney, He is in the 1%. He is the President of the United States.

So what is he getting even about in your mind? Is he pissed off because he is more successful than.........?

o

I would so agree, Ingrid... garbage in, garbage out. And this is garbage. Where's the delete or ignore button? Hit any key? Where's the any key? ;-)

o

Sorry, Molly, I don't have a TV and haven't been familiar with the tv stations you mention for many years. I'm bilingual and my main daily online newsfeeds are German. And why do you assume that I'm some cheerleader for Obama? Are the political options in your world that limited?

Marquest, I've also wondered about this "getting even" trope, most recently promoted by Dinesh D'Souza in his popular hack propadocumentary. My assumption is that is stems from the same emotional hinterlands as the claim that anyone critical of the current US economic system is "just jealous of financial success". But I'd love to hear more rational details from someone more in the know.

As to me wanting to "get even too", what on earth would I be getting even for, Molly? I'm privileged, comfortable, with an excellent ivy-league education I earned on full scholarship and a supportive family and partner to back me up as a safety net should my underpaid teaching career ever fail. The current system has treated ME just fine, even splendidly. If I voted for Obama, it certainly wouldn't be because I connivingly thought he was going to provide me with some personal advantage I wouldn't get otherwise.

o

garbage in, garbage out

Garbage in, gospel out -- or so it appears.

o

greatgollymolly we would like to know about this "get even"

circuspeanut, and I are doing well we have a great life and are puzzled. Can you explain?

o

It seems there is a belief on the part of many conservatives that liberals all "want" something and feel "entitled". It doesn't seem to occur to them that there are as many successful, wealthy, well educated, tax paying liberals as there are conservatives.

o

Actually, it's the blue states that are the producers, the red states are the parasites in this ill-conceived relationship. Time to cut free, seems to me.

o

"Time to cut free, seems to me."

How do you do that?

o

That is SO true. The blue states are the producers, the better educated and the red states are the parasites.

o

Wow, then I'd better start being a parasite and sign up for some government programs.

I'll also withdraw all of my investments and be sure not to make any income next year, so I also won't qualify to pay any federal income taxes.

Then I can spend more time on Hot Topics complaining about how the TAXPAYERS don't do enough for me and how selfish. they are.

You know, just so Lily's statement can have some validity.

Wouldn't that be fun?

Obama gets reelected and the producers stop producing and sign up to get a small portion back or what they've contributed.

We may as well go on the dole and stop producing if we're going to be accused of it!~

o

Wow, then I'd better start being a parasite and sign up for some government programs.
I'll also withdraw all of my investments and be sure not to make any income next year, so I also won't qualify to pay any federal income taxes.

You wouldn't have to embarrass yourself with statements like that if you looked up the statistics of which states take more from the federal government.

o

What?

I know which states take more assistance.
My response was to Lily's post.

You aren't making sense, jillinnj.

Of course, I've been gone for a day and see you are back to stalking me, and can't even come up with a cogent connection to my words and your comment.

Keep it up.

o

Wow. OK, this is real simple. I will lay it out for you.

Lily (and others) pointed out that the red states take more from the government than the blue states.

You then went on one of your rants. I guess you are offended that people would say the red states (one of which you live in) takes more money from the government? So, you went on a little rant about maybe you'll stop paying taxes and start taking from the government. Like anyone was referring to you. But, it is all about you, now isn't it?

So, then I replied by saying if you bothered to look up the statistics of which states take more money from the government, you might not have gone on that little rant and embarrassed yourself.

Got it?

o

For every dollar the Government takes in THE RED STATES GET 1.50.

Red states are the welfare states it is a fact.

--------------------------------------------
greatgollymolly, can you tell me what President Obama is getting even about?

o

Jillinnj, you said nothing to "get."

States are imaginary "lines" with different types of people in them. Some pay taxes, some do not. Some people have less money than others for different reasons--some people do not pay taxes because although they want a job, there are no jobs (remember THAT topic?), some people don't pay taxes because of disabilities or old age, some people don't pay taxes because their jobs do not pay much, and some people do not pay taxes because they don't want to work or don't have a need to work.

I happen to be a resident of a state where a lot of people are on the public dole. There are a lot of reasons for that, but the primary reason in my opinion is that the government has intentionally made people dependent on taxpayer money and there is no real incentive to do better for one's self when one can "get by" on welfare.

If taxpayers are going to be castigated and "red states" like the one I live in are going to be insulted for taking so money, as I said, I may as well live up to that characterization by ensuring I have no income next year and signing up myself--that would make Lily's statement valid.

Get that?

My comment was not a "rant" and even if it was a rant, what of it? People comment here every day, jillinnj and I was responding to a statement.

I have no idea why you single me out to intentionally mischaracterize what I say and assign motives to my statements that do not exist and for which there is no basis. I've never done anything to you in fact do not recall saying much of anything you if anything, unless it is in response to these types of personal taunting posts from you.

I don't know where you came from, who you are, why you feel a need to follow me around and waste your time taunting me and harassing me, but it is disconcerting behavior and has escalated.

o

Ladies this is getting way silly......

Neither Jil nor Lily said a word about you Demi in their comments about red states. You made it about you when it wasn't.

Then you go on a rant about your personal business and when someone responds you call it stalking? Actually I think you are the stalker, making issues about you when they aren't at all.

Questioning a poster about what they post, responding to what they post is not stalking.

o

You add nothing, chase.

You simply don't know what you're talking about in this regard.

o

or perhaps you are making much ado about nothing....

o

demi, when there is a pattern that happens over and over again, yes people do know what they're talking about. Almost every post seems to contain an "offended" diatribe by you and the word stalking is mentioned by you with increasing regularity. And yes, you spend an inordinate amount of time talking about yourself and your feelings, to the point that I think it's your very favorite subject. Most of us don't share this fascination with your inner workings and your persecution complex. I've never seen anything like it on another forum or in person. And, you never have the humility to acknowledge that people have a point, take it to heart, and keep quiet. No, on the next posting we get to hear it all over again, ad nauseam. WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR PROBLEM?

Yes, I fully expect to get a looong post back from you but, guess what, I'm not going to read it!

o

Thanks, chase and ingrid. I was away for the weekend and didn't read this. You've both said it very well. How demi can turn the fact that her state is a red state into she should withdraw all her money and take from the government can only make sense in demi's mind. And that's what would add validity to lily's statement? Because without demi doing that, there's no validity? The perfect example of how it's always about her.

o

"The perfect example of how it's always about her."

It is, isn't it?

It's always you people talking about me, using my name, referring to my comments, and making personal comments about me, how I think, what I should do, what I shouldn't do, what's wrong with how I think.

Why do you do that--what is YOUR problem?

YOU MAKE IT ABOUT ME.

Kind of scary, actually.
What is it about me that makes you post about me and make it "all about me?"

I'm just a poster giving my opinion here.

I don't make personal comments about you people, and I don't care how you think or why you think like you do.

You don't dare give the real answer, do you?

o

YOU MAKE IT ABOUT ME.

And how, exactly, did we do that?

Lily's post:
Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 2:08

The blue states are the producers, the better educated and the red states are the parasites

----------------------------------------------------------

Your reply, immediately following:
Posted by demifloyd 8 (My Page) on Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 7:39

Then I can spend more time on Hot Topics complaining about how the TAXPAYERS don't do enough for me and how selfish. they are.

You know, just so Lily's statement can have some validity.
----------------------------------------------------------

lily didn't mention YOU.
YOU made it all about YOU.

I know it's really straight forward. I also know you won't be able to see it. But, thought I'd give it one more try.

o

You're right, I personalized the topic to make a point.

Plenty of other posters do that every day.

But I don't insult them personally for making a point.

THAT is the "all about you" to which I refer.

Fair point, decent attempt, but no cigar.

o

Thank you for admitting you personalized it.

What "insult" are you referring to?

o

Well, I got tired of the subject of demi and her persecution complex a long time ago, so how about we return to the topic of the OP and ask Valerie if she still believes President Obama is in love with Jarrett and carrying on in front of Michelle right in the middle of their home, or has the discussion modified her views at all?

Or was this all a "joke"? I've noticed lately that after a conservative posts a ridiculous or outrageous post about Obama and gets lampooned by nearly everyone on the forum, then he/she typically returns and says it was all a "joke" and why don't liberals have a sense of humor. Is that what is going on here?

I think it is interesting, by the way, that certain conservatives like to target any black advisors in Obama's White House--painting them as some kind of extremist. What's the deal here? Trying to lily white-up the White House, or what?

Kate

o

Well that would be ridiculous, we all know liberals have no sense of humor.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 10:49

Mitt Romney 2012
My Favorite Joke!

o
oops!

Correction:

how about we return to the topic of the OP and ask Valerie citywoman if she still believes President Obama is in love with Jarrett and . . . .

But I'm sure all good-hearted posters understood what I meant. : )

Kate

o

Yeah but out want funny.....got it :)

o

Sorry for the typos ....from my phone

Totally lost now......

o

There are a couple of beasts we keep feeding.
Why?
Completely ignored - COMPLETELY, and I believe that one would wander away due to utter boredom.

And yet, look at the great number of responses, every time people. I mean, seriously, is it so necessary to make a response?

Feed them and they will come.

o

Citywoman thinks Obama and Jarrett are closer than Obama
is to ANYONE else and the same for Jarrett.

They are soul mates but that is not saying they are lovers.

It is possible Michelle feels no threat from Jarrett .
Maybe she knows something that is not common knowledge
outside of the inner circle.

The subject is only important for the fact....she has more influence than any other person . More influence.

She has his ear ?/7 literally.
I think her influence has been so obvious in many of his final decisions.

When people go to vote .......it would be fair if the ballot was printed:

Obama/Jarrett

That is the reason this post is relevant to some.
If it means nothing to you and Jarrett's voice in his ear
?/7 then don't bother with a response.

I can see why it wouldn't be an issue with die hard Obama
lovers.
Jarrett thinks like Obama but for some undecided voters
they might not like the idea that Obama is so weak he can't
make a decision without Jarrett giving him the answer.

o

mylab, I had made the same suggestion quite some time ago, which fell on deaf ears. After looking at the post below yours I'm more convinced than ever that no response to that sort of annoying drivel is the one thing that could stop it. I for one am going to do that very thing.

o

One thing to bring warmth to all supporters of the President:

She belongs to the conservatives on this board - by supporting some abominable statements she has made and defending her statements when her water got awfully hot - they courted her company and now she is their's for all the world to see - and she here to stay, to reflect who American conservatives are and who Hot Topic conservatives are, for all the country and all the world to observe.

She and a couple of others? - they aren't any reflection on any of the American liberals on this board.

All the lurking world sees *that*, too.

o

"All the lurking world sees *that*, too."

This isn't a performance, like a piano recital or fall pagaent for your kids. This is a discussion board with some gritty topics, some sensational ones, even some (very) occasional fun ones.

Your advice--to YOURSELF--sounds very sensible.

o

Oh, I must not forget that our resident Birther - Elvis - belongs to the conservative group in here, too!

The same Birther who announced that she had not kept up with news for eight YEARS! when she joined up about a year ago - and still, announced she was a birther.

Yep, she's all yours too kiddos!

(I'd say Republicans rather than conservatives but heck - NOBODY but a very few are Republicans anymore!)

All here for all the world to see.

o

Looks like more tsk tsk nudge nudge mean threads from the Lindsay Lohan crew.

Boring.

o

All yours, Demi!
:)

o

Who is Lindsay Lohan?

o

It's a puzzle.

Figure it out. ;)

o

The young hollywood big mess who just announced that she is going to vote for Romney.

I can see it really bothered Demi when Lindsay announced her endorsement - hence the reference in the attempt to put me down - although of course we must always remember and never forget that Demi doesn't ever behave that way, everybody else does! (!)

In this particular case, I really DO feel sorry for Romney. Even he doesn't deserve such bad publicity.

But I did laugh right out loud when I heard it!
Maybe Romney's long lost dog did, too.

o

OH, mylab, my comment had nothing to do with that little blurb about Lohan's support.

Try again, dear.

o

Mylab, you and others make public denigrating "announcements" about conservative posters, that fact is pointed out, and then you accuse those that take note of those denigrating comments of being insulting?

That makes no sense.

But I'm sure it won't stop the behavior.

o

O.K!

(for Elvis: okay!)

o

I absolutely did not know who she was but I did a Google search and I find it hysterical she is supporting Romney...it must be a liberal plot! LOL

My kids will tell you I am hopeless when it comes to movie stars, singers, TV shows ...I just don;t follow that stuff.

As far as Demi's insult...although we all know she doesn't do that...I still don't get it.

o

It wasn't an insult--it was an observation, a little puzzle.

It's okay.

There will be others.

You can try then.

o

Not worth it Demi, not worth it one little bit.

o

NO, it's not.

Neither are your insulting diatribes about conservative posters when they haven't even addressed you, but are only giving their opinions on topics.

Or, maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe it fulfills you and is worth it.
Yes, that must be it.

Why else do you do it?

o

I have no idea what you are talking about...but I suspect this is about to turn into another "all about Demi" thread.

o

NO, this is asking Chase a question thread.

It's up to you if it turns out to be an "all about Demi thread."

o

I repeat I have no idea what you are talking about.

o

demi the longer I read some of the comments from some of the liberal HT residents the more I realize how far I have come since high school.

Some of the resident comments are so juvenile, I feel like
I'm looking through a time machine.
Did someone actually post this high school statement.

She belongs to the conservatives on this board - by supporting some abominable statements she has made and defending her statements when her water got awfully hot - they courted her company and now she is their's for all the world to see - and she here to stay, to reflect who American conservatives are and who Hot Topic conservatives are, for all the country and all the world to observe.

She and a couple of others? - they aren't any reflection on any of the American liberals on this board.

All the lurking world sees *that*, too.

I would think it would be silly comments like this that
would run lurkers off.

o

Citywoman, when I see such ill conceived, rambling posts that are directed at no one in particular but clearly with some "specific" poster(s) in mind, it's easy to dismiss them.

Sour grapes, junior high mean girl comments, personal insults directed to and criticism of others who disagree with you, gossiping, taunting, bullying--it's all the same.

It's these types of posts that convince me that the dregs of any given group are the ones that make themselves most identifiable as such.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 1:05

>I repeat I have no idea what you are talking about<

That makes two of you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here