Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FEMA is getting high praise from state & local govts

Posted by fouquieria 10b (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 12:54

Now the Mitt is not accepting questions from reporters about FEMA:

During a GOP primary debate last year, Romney had said he supported the idea of states and private sector groups taking over responsibility for disaster relief.

"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction," he said. "And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better. Instead of thinking, 'In the federal budget, what we should cut?' we should ask the opposite question: 'What should we keep?'"

"We cannot -- we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids," Romney continued, when asked specifically about disaster relief. "It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids, knowing full well that we'll all be dead and gone before it's paid off. It makes no sense at all."

-Ron-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FEMA is getting high praise from state & local govts

I think he should accept those questions, just as soon as Obama answers questions about Benghazi. Deal?

o

In the federal budget, what we should cut?' we should ask the opposite question: 'What should we keep?'"

Key sentence that I do not think the Southern states understand. Cut not send funds to the states to handle. It would be interesting to see them having the funds to clean up and survive with the limited funds their states can collect from their citizens,

It almost wants me to wish Romney could win and see them sitting looking like a third world country with filth running down their streets because they do not have the government to rescue them after their next 13 hurricanes.

Romney will say. Where is your personal responsibility. You Built IT act like it.

o

If you're gonna do it, do it effectively.

-Ron-

o

Things like Fema are exactly what you need a federal government for. Organizing the movement of relief from one part of the country to another is imperative. No part of the country is in the position to deal with a major disaster because it is not even about money. If your area is a disaster then so are your disaster relief materials-as in DUH.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 15:15

The unfolding disaster in Hoboken.

Under Romney, Congress would consider sending help and aid, but only if cuts are made somewhere else in the budget. And how many people would die while they argue?

Good thing he's not President, isn't it.

I agree with patriciae, disaster relief is exactly what the Federal Government should do. Disasters involve a bigger picture that can only be seen and managed by a national entity.

Much of the needed resources comes from other states, so interstate commerce is involved. If the "states manage" disasters, I suppose NY can say to NJ, tough, we need these resources, you can't have them, try North Dakota. What a waste of time that would be.

Water coming down the Susquehanna from Pennsylvania into Maryland, and flooding Maryland towns, so Maryland tells PA to keep the water up there?

Romney's idea is too dumb to even be considered seriously.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoboken

o

The man is completely out of touch with reality.

o

The man is a freakshow in progress.

o

Romney flip flop......I would hope that if I had an emergency it would not take him 2 days after we are underwater before he could decide what side he was on...

Romney wants to cut FEMA. Or he doesn't. It depends on which Romney you ask.

But now that Hurricane Sandy is hitting the U.S. just before election season, Romney has reversed his earlier statements. A spokesman clarified that Romney would not abolish FEMA and that although he believes states should be in charge of emergency management, such management includes "help from the federal government and FEMA."

But he cannot flip flop without adding a lie. This man is sick

Conservative outlets are reporting that the Obama administration would cut $900 million from FEMA. Those reports are false.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flip Flop

o

Now he's a freakshow? OMG, the disgusting names and slander of this man is so over the top and reveals the hearts of those who post such crap.

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 15:21

The man is a freakshow in progress.

I can only imagine the consternation if said this about Obama.

No one has to though--we have his record to criticize and don't have to resort to name calling.

o

"We don't resort to calling the President names"

I can only assume that the conservatives here have a very different definition of what constitutes a derogatory name.

o

Liar in Chief is fitting I think.

o

There you go.

o

Projection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here