Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Volunteer at DC Center for LGBT Community.........

Posted by Lady_Brat none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 12:56

.....................entered the Family Research Council's offices carrying a "Sig Sauer 9mm pistol and two additional magazines loaded with 9mm ammunition, a box of Federal brand 9mm ammunition, 50 rounds of ammunition and 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches". Leo Johnson, a security officer in the building's lobby, was shot while helping subdue Floyd Lee Corkins, the shooter. " Corkins told authorities that he had "strong opinions with respect to those he believes do not treat homosexuals in a fair manner." A witness said that they heard Corkins say "I don't like your politics" at the crime scene." Thank goodness this nut was stopped before he could make this another mass killing.

I would have thought surely that labrea would have posted this as he always so magnanimously posts items regarding"HATE" directed at homosexuals by all Christians ............oops, this was a homosexual or at least someone who identifies with homosexuals who entered a Christian facility with killing on his mind. Sorry, my mistake. Anyone here think that all homosexuals should be labeled as haters now that Conkins pulled this stunt? Neither do I but it seems when one Christian spews hate, and I mean real hate not the fact that they believe homosexuality is a sin, some then label all Christians as homophobes and haters. Just wanted to say that unfortunately, hate comes in all colors, sizes, cultures, religions, etc.
If it has already been posted, I apologize. I am still wondering, however, what he was going to do with sandwiches from "Chick-fil-A". Why would he want to patronize a business that, according to some, hates homosexuals. He must have had some sick scenario in mind.

Here is a link that might be useful: LGBT enters Christian facility with gun

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Volunteer at DC Center for LGBT Community.........

It doesn't matter what your private beliefs or politics are; violence doesn't solve anything.

o

Ditto jodik

o

OMG. Gay people are people too.

Murderers, mothers, jerks, janitors you name it.

Some of my best friends are gay.

/s

Anyone here think that all homosexuals should be labeled as haters now that Conkins pulled this stunt? Neither do I but it seems when one Christian spews hate, and I mean real hate not the fact that they believe homosexuality is a sin, some then label all Christians as homophobes and haters.

Here's the problem. The Southern Poverty Law Center has listed the FRC as a hate group because they actively and publically portray "... gay people as sick, evil, perverted, incestuous and a danger to the nation. It insists that gay people are "fundamentally incapable" of providing good homes for children". One of its key leaders has actually said that homosexual behavior should be criminalized. Perhaps the FRC's most dangerous lie is its claim that pedophilia is a "homosexual problem," as stated by leaders at the FRC.

So. Violence is NEVER the answer. This man was dead wrong in his approach.

Anyone here think that all homosexuals should be labeled as haters now that Conkins pulled this stunt?

Yes. A random act of premeditated violence by one person should for sure make me label all people by one name.

Just like that one Christian trying to take away the rights of fellow American citizens...

What was his name again?

o

Exactly, Silver. I figured the best response to this was as short and to the point as I could get. All people are just people.

And hate groups don't deserve better responses.

o

Crazies are crazies and they come in all flavours......violence is wrong plain and simple.

o

Yeah I read about that 3 months ago! A pissed off volunteer from a Gay community center goes bat crap crazy at some hate groups office.
I'm surprised there isn't more of it from INDIVIDUALS in my community toward ORGANIZED FUNDED HATERS.
I think we've been pretty moderate & patient so far. Considering everything!
Thanks for the old news!

o

I just re read what you wrote it's actually ignorant in it's assertion. I always applaude any Christian affirming groups. I actually march with a whole slew of them every year at our Pride Parade. The 70 or 80 Quakers who have marched in every Pride parade since it's inception are most Assuredly Christians so just to set YOU STRAIGHT!. I usually call out the haters & BELIEVE ME DARLIN I HATE OPENLY & PROUDLY I'm neither a christian or a librule!

Some Churches I approve of (like it matters if I approve of them or not what more important they approve of me)

I'll stop there.

o

Just wondering Lady Brat, since you are an ardent GOP supporter, a supporter of a political party that is against equal rights for LGBT community,

what was your "real" purpose in starting this thread?

I really can't imagine anyone on HT that would support this kind of violence, or any kind of violence other than total self defense.

You must have had some kind of important reason for starting this and I doubt any of us "liberals" as some of you call us, believe that you started to because of

Just wanted to say that unfortunately, hate comes in all colors, sizes, cultures, religions, etc.

I'm sure there is more to it, care to enlighten the rest of us?

o

It's that "both sides do it" falsehood again.

o

Ah gee shes just trying to support a muched loved Republican Hate Organization AKA Family Research Council. Shes also shown a good reason why gays shouldn't own guns might tap into that primal rage & shoot the crap outta good upstanding Christians.
I haven't run one of my Tailors of the fabric of society in awhile!

o

Just more whining about how the Christian majority in this country is somehow "persecuted". Yawn.

Joe, I love the Presbyterians Flaming for Christ! :-)

[And by the by, "LGBT" is not a noun, Ladybrat, much as you'd like to ascribe singular agency to an entire 15% of the population.]

o

""""""""""""""""""I usually call out the haters & BELIEVE ME DARLIN I HATE OPENLY & PROUDLY I'm neither a christian or a librule! Some Churches I approve of (like it matters if I approve of them or not what more important they approve of me)

Yes, you've made that very clear SWEETIE..........anyone who doesn't feel that homosexuality is normal or feels that it is a sin, you hate regardless of the fact that they don't hate homosexuals, just have different beliefs. I realize that there are "haters" who claim to be Christians out there, but if a Christian says he believes homosexuality is a sin then you "OPENLY AND PROUDLY" hate that person regardless of his personal feelings toward homosexuals as people. Regardless, your hate, nor the churches who have "progressed" to teaching that homosexuality is no longer a sin in no way changes the fact that according to the Bible it is a sin.

"""""""""""""""""""Just wondering Lady Brat, since you are an ardent GOP supporter, a supporter of a political party that is against equal rights for LGBT community,"

Just to get the facts straight, I am not an "ardent GOP" supporter, I am a conservative. I vote according to the candidate's platform/beliefs, not his political party.

""""""""""""""""""""You must have had some kind of important reason for starting this and I doubt any of us "liberals" as some of you call us, believe that you started to because of "

Let's just say I came across this article and didn't remember seeing where anyone had posted it. Just trying to keep the "shooting posts" "Fair and Balanced" . If Corkins had claimed to be a Christian and shot a homosexual or an abortion doctor labrea would have posted it and the event would have been scrutinized, dissected and the shooter tried and sentenced immediately by some here on HT. As I said, "unfortunately, hate comes in all colors, sizes, cultures, religions, etc." Truthfully little, I couldn't possibly care less what you believe regarding why I started this thread or anything else that you believe about me.

"""""""""""""""""""""It's that "both sides do it" falsehood again."
Oh so you finally admit that you don't believe the Dems do it huh maddie?

Now, I am through with this thread as I have no desire to go through the homosexual argument again or any ludicrous argument as to what dastardly reason I had for starting this thread. The idea that my beliefs and yours differ automatically makes me a "HATER" in many of your minds so there is no need to waste my or your time in repetition. So much for the "librul's" touting of tolerance.

o

The idea that my beliefs and yours differ automatically makes me a "HATER" in many of your minds so there is no need to waste my or your time in repetition. So much for the "librul's" touting of tolerance.

Yea, funny how that works, isn't it?

Hypocrisy with a capital H.

o

"Anyone who doesn't feel that homosexuality is normal or feels that it is a sin, you hate regardless of the fact that they don't hate homosexuals, just have different beliefs."

Have you ever heard that your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins?

In other words, your right to your beliefs ends where it starts to step on my rights to my beliefs. If you kept your beliefs off of my rights, we'd get along fine. This would be a non-issue.

As the child of a homosexual who was committed to her life partner for nearly 20 years I have this opinion:

Lets just say that homosexuals were saying that American Citizens who loved Jesus couldn't participate in all of the rights afforded other Citizens simply because the Homosexual Arbitrary and Much-Contradicted Rule Book from ancient Rome (did you hear? they unearthed it last week!!) is written that no one who believes in a book (like the Bible) that advocates selling your daughter as a sex slave and bashing babies against rocks should be able to participate fully.

Now, that's all fine and good. Christians are capable of holding conflicting views in their head, such as their God is a loving God "Thou shalt not kill" (so abortion is out) but sex slaves and baby bashing were just the way things were done back then. We've evolved our thinking since then.

Wake up. Evolve a little more (or don't, if you don't believe in such a thing). Realize that baby bashing and child rape are not anymore ok than denying a large segment of our population equal rights.

I don't hate Christians. I hate the petty, out-dated, fearful mental processes that allow people to spin their little off-kilter moral wheels while good people are denied their rights.

That is what makes me angry. This has nothing to do with who is putting what where with whom and everything to do with EQUALITY.

Demi, I know you're bright enough to know that this has nothing to do with having different beliefs and everything to do with discrimination. This is not hypocrisy.

Like Labrea, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. But much like African Americans... Homosexuals take the abuse and take the abuse and take the abuse while being horrifically discriminated against, OPENLY DISCRIMINATED AGAINST, by their fellow citizens, by fellow humans, in AMERICA. Land of the supposedly born equal.

And they take the abuse because they are generally good people, and they figure if they work and work and work, someday they will be seen as equal and not monsters. Kinda like how the Christians were so persecuted? Mostly good people too. Most people are mostly good people.

This guy did wrong. He should be punished. I don't care what he believed. Society dictates we don't express ourselves like that. Some of my favorite people are conservative Christians who openly support such hate groups. I don't want to see them hurt because of any agenda. I want them to keep living so I can keep working on their mental processes and bring them around to the light side ;)

o

What I'd like to know is... why do we give duly labeled hate groups the stage and audience to exist in any serious capacity? The more air time they're given, the more hate they spew.

o

Waste of time. The motive behind it is crystal clear.

I have yet to see that one and the rest of them condemn the Republicans and their Party Platform for spewing hatred.

o

Just to get the facts straight, I am not an "ardent GOP" supporter, I am a conservative. I vote according to the candidate's platform/beliefs, not his political party.

OK,if you say so. Guess it's just that you don't vote for the Democratic Party because they are liberals, but you aren't the "ardent GOP" supporter are you, lady brat?

How do you vote the "candidate's platform/beliefs, not his political party, not his political party"?
The Democratic party platform is liberal, has been for years and years and years. It's the Republican party platform that is the conservative, right wing, radical platform.

Seems to me, and I'm betting a lot of others on HT that you do vote GOP because, as you state, you are a conservative.

As for hating those that believe homosexuality is a sin, I agree with silver. believe as you wish, that is your right, but keep your belief to yourself and don't shove it down my throat or anyone else's throat and passing laws that are strictly your belief and deny a segment of the population their civil rights just because you believe that something is a sin, based on your personal religious belief.

That, lady brat, is when you and your fellow supporters and the party that you so obviously support, cross the line and spread your obvious hatred that you deny exists.

What is it with the GOP, the Christian right that they have to interfere in the rights of those that they disagree with, but disagree with when it comes to sexuality, what goes in the privacy of one's bedroom, reproductive rights, equality for all?

On the one hand it is less government, but only less government when it suits their purpose and only then.

Enough of this religion, religious beliefs being shoved down everyone else's throat. Time to mind one's own business. Keep religion where it belongs, within one's own personal home and house of worship, not in politics, not in our laws.

Equal rights for everyone, not for just some, the ones that fall in line and believe a certain way, but for everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation or anything else.

o

AH gee whats that good book say? " the wicked flee but the just remain like a lion" well I'm a Leo so goes with the territory.
They are a hate group not by my determination they are a hate Group by The SPLC definitions. A quasi Politicochurch republithing organization. I know it's hard to keep track but I have said countless times on this Forum I support Westboro Baptist hate Speech & their right to engage in it. Lets make it clear when THE FRC or the AFA gained their titles as hate group it was not a beg to differ with you stance it was a funded outright misuse of psychiatric & medical studies. When an organization seeks to manipulate data or push it's own sects or group of sects religious views into SECULAR law then they are acting as a hate group not according to me but according to the Southern Poverty Law Center that tracks their posts & TV appearances as well as their statements.

Old news ""ARMY OF GOD" CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ATLANTA BOMBINGS" there were no rampages by the queerlings after this bit of twisto christo nonsense. There was barley a muffled yawn by main stream Churches & Ralph Reed & his Christian Coalition did come around and call it unacceptable.

Now this is'nt organized this is just a whacko going whacko this feller here!

Out & About, Tennesee's LGBT paper, reports one aspect of the high-profile tragic shooting at Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church that I didn't see when I flipped on the TV to see coverage on CNN this AM. While you probably heard that Jim D. Adkisson, 58, opened fire with a shotgun during a church event killing two (more than 200 people were attending a performance of "Annie"), the Knoxville congregation had also recently put up a sign to publicly welcome LGBTs to worship.

Greg McKendry, 60, was killed when he confronted the gunman as he entered the church. Knoxville Police have charged Jim D. Adkisson, 58, of Powell, with first-degree in the death of McKendry. Knoxville Police Chief Sterling P. Owen IV said Adkission shot eight people with a 12-gauge shotgun. Of those shot, all were adults- four women and three men.

...Knoxville Police have not yet released a motive for the shooting. The church is the site of some gay affirming activities. A member of the congregation wrote in a national blog that the church just recently put up a sign welcoming gays. One of the goals of the church's long range plan is to "Increase congregational participation in human rights programs for gay/lesbian/transgendered persons."

random acts of violence while dramatic aren't as dangerous as a well funded politically connected group of orgs like FRC AFA & Focus on the Family.
They aren't really churches but they certainly pack political clout and are certainly not above misrepresentation of data. They have their favorite targets!

Here is a link that might be useful: Haters

o

Thank you for your post, silversword. Very well stated.

And labrea is ready to rumble... and you know who my money is on.

o

Oh a News ITEM TODAY from my friends at WESTBORO!

WONDER will her wife have to take it to the SUPREME COURT to collect benefits because some AHOLE politicians think their idea of sin needs to be in the CONSTITUTION!

o

If you believe in a god, at all, it's become obvious that such a god, and whatever message might have been, have been usurped by the devil. What other religious explanation could there be?

Myself, I think these idiots are proof positive that no such thing exists.

Religions aren't supposed to vomit such hatred.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here