Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stepping Back

Posted by demifloyd 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 13:54

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Out of the mouths of babes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stepping Back

That's hilarious!

Sweetheart, everyone else feels the same way!

o

Lacks the, oh... je ne sais quoi of Honey Boo Boo.

o

Aww I know how she feels. It is so ugly the stuff said now makes you want to go into a ugly cry.

o

I think alot of us are to that point .
I wanted to hug her !

o

"I'm tired of Bronco Bamma and Mitt Romney,"

I have a slow dialup and it's not worth the wait for me to see it, but that's enough to chuckle about.

I love it: "BRONCO BAMMA!!!"

Ride'em cowboy!!!! Yehaw!!!

Hay

o

Doesn't anyone else find it bothersome that a child of that age group has been saddled with such adult worries? What is happening to this country, the adults in it, and especially those adults posing as parents? No little child should have global or national worries settled upon their tiny, little shoulders!

And we wonder why people grow up to do some of the extreme things they do...

o

Thanks jodik, same point I was trying to make about the ad using children.

Thanks for that demi....just a few more days lol.

o

I feel the same way, honey. I hate this election way more than I can say. Thankfully we've been with out presidential ads for a long time, but now the GOP super pacs are pouring 8 million in PA because they think they can win here . Desperation is setting in.

o

Lily I have not seen any Presidential ads but the local ads are horrible, and the phone calls. I am not looking forward to Romney ads.

I suspect that poor child has a lot of horrible stuff going on in her house. If she is hearing half the stuff that goes on here at HT in her house that kind of hatred has to wear on a child. It is sad and I feel sorry for her.

o

Well, the OP kid is in Colorado, and I can attest that we're beyond sick of TV attack ads.

Nostalgia for: Push it!! Pull it!! Drag it in!!! Shifty Pete will give you BIG MONEY for ANY trade in!!!

o

Why is a little girl of that age group watching so much television, or at such hours, that this is what she sees... to the point where all that stress is on her?

If that's an advertisement, it's sick.

If that's a real little girl with those worries, the parents ought to be flogged, tarred and feathered!

o

Jodik I'm sorry but this coming from a woman who was teaching a 4 year old how to shoot using a rifle. I rest my case.

o

In swing states, all you have to do is turn on the television, and thats all you'll see every commercial break. Three or 4, one after the other, and then 6 minutes of what ever show you're trying to watch, then another commercial break with 3 or 4 attack ads, all day long.

I'll have to check Saturday morning during cartoon time, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see "Hey, kids!!! Tell your parents that President Obama kicks puppies!!!" with some grainy picture of Obama looking sinister.

o

OT - Talk about children worrying about the state of the world, I was 5 when WWII ended so remember hearing about that war. Just 5 years later, there is talk of war in Korea. I still remember where I was standing in our yard while my stomach was churning, thinking there would be another war. Children, unfortunately, can't be shielded from world or national events.

I don't blame her for crying.

o

dockside, was it TV or adults telling you what was happening or the school drills in case there is a bomb?

I do not think that child is upset over commercial on Saturday morning cartoons political adds. When children hear parents or adults discuss things with negative leaning conversation children react with upset and fear.

Watch the commercials they are no different than buy this cereal. No different volume, or music. I am not buying it is political ads without negative adult input that is a bad home life.

o

Marquest...are you seeing the Tom Smith ads like we are? He is the worst kind of politician... thinking he can BUY the election. He was a Democrat till last year, and is a high school drop out. He's the one who said he experienced rape in his family. Well, no actually it was a child born out of wedlock but it was like a rape.

If he buys the election, I'm moving out of the state. The Teaparty crowd has sawdust for brains and so does anyone who would vote for them. They have ruined our state in less than two years.

o

I don't remember being bothered by the woes of the adult world until I was an adult, or was nearing that age group.

I don't care... I still think it's a parent's job to protect their children from this kind of thing... and if a girl of what, 4 years old or so, is that bothered by the world she inhabits, how will she deal with it in another few years?

Like I said... it's not a huge wonder these kids snap and go ballistic at some point.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here