Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PP does Abortions. Nobody told Biden.

Posted by nikoleta (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 14:22

He was in the US Senate for decades, and has been VP for four years. Yet VP Joe Biden has misinformed yet another audience. He claims Planned Parenthood is "by law" prohibited from doing abortions.

Last week Biden claimed he had no idea Americans in Libya had been begging his administration for security that never came. That's no more believable than his claim that PP doesn't do abortions. This embarrassment of a VP will say anything.

Had enough?

Here is a link that might be useful: Another lie?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PP does Abortions. Nobody told Biden.

I suspect he was referring to the use of federal funds to preform abortions .However it doesn't much matter .....the lines are drawn. No minds will be changed , it doesn't matter squat.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 15:08

Why would the Vice President know that the US mission in Libya asked for more security. That sort of information is well below his pay grade, and the President's too. That is State Department admin stuff.

I would guess that Biden didn't "know" that PP performed abortions, because it's never come up in his life. I certainly know, peripherally. I used PP for birth control many, many, many years ago. Since I've never needed or wanted an abortion, I don't give it much thought.

I think the law prohibiting Federal funds for abortions is stupid and short sighted. And the right would like to prohibit funding for birth control too. What idiots.

o

I too assumed that he was referring to the fact that abortions were not funded by the Federal government.

~Ann

o

Yes, chase, I also suspect he was referring to not using federal funds to pay for abortions. But, you know, just another gotcha post from a famous gotcha poster.

I find it amazing that anyone supporting Romney can actually attempt to point out "lies" (yes, it's in quotes for a reason) by Obama/Biden. It's really laughable. If I supported R&R, I would certainly not bring up lying by the other side. I guess it's that projection thing.

o

If I supported R&R, I would certainly not bring up lying by the other side. I guess it's that projection thing.

I thought they enjoyed, and welcomed a good lie the bigger the better. Who knew.

o

"Yes, chase, I also suspect he was referring to not using federal funds to pay for abortions."

Not possible. Joe Biden assured us last week that he always says exactly what he means.

Joe says PP doesn't do abortions. But to hear libs tell it, that's not what he meant...LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Biden says what he means

o

Nik do you feel that if a woman is rapped she should be made to carry the child to term. If she is going to work at Wendy's minimum wage job and cannot afford medical care.

Would you support that she needs to just get up go home take a bath and go to work the next day?

Carry the baby to term as she goes to Wendy's every day until she goes into labor?

What would you think is a LOL moment in this situation?

I do not know maybe you feel women deserve what they get. Maybe you think they deserve their punishment for being women.

o

So does this mean you won't be voting for the Democratic ticket Nik?

o

LOL Chase!

Nik, disingenuousness doesn't become you.

o

nik: Biden was clearly referring to federal funding. As far as lies go, he doesn't hold a candle to lyin' ryan and mitty who's lying for the lord.

o

When I read Nik libs I always hear an expletive!

o

"LOL Chase!"

Agreed. Good one, Chase!

o

So Nik what do you think the rape victim should do?

o

Think you're reaching just a little bit on this one, nik?

No, you probably don't. Never mind.

o

I am still waiting to hear that Nik or any Woman/Man think that a woman that is raped should be forced to carry the rapist child.

To be so concerned that PP provide abortion for disadvantage women this would be one of the incidents that would be covered.

Do Conservative women/men think that women deserved what they got and should be punished for walking around being a woman.

This was discussed before. That after the woman has the child the rapist has parental rights and she is forced to allow him visitation and would have to share in the upbringing of the child.

o

And remember, the vast majority of abortions are performed early - as soon as the woman realizes she is pregnant - 8-12 weeks.

o

I would suggest that no stereotypes be dragged out and used, but I know that's an exercise in futility.

I suspect Chase is correct, and that Biden meant Federal funding. Surely he's informed enough to know what PP can and cannot do by law.

"...women deserved what they got and should be punished for walking around being a woman." Is that kinda like getting stopped for "driving while black"? I suspect it is, with prejudice leading the way.

The entire premise for the thread is reaching... but we could call it "just a bit", I suppose...

o

nikoleta (My Page) on Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 14:22

He was in the US Senate for decades, and has been VP for four years. Yet VP Joe Biden has misinformed yet another audience. He claims Planned Parenthood is "by law" prohibited from doing abortions.
Last week Biden claimed he had no idea Americans in Libya had been begging his administration for security that never came. That's no more believable than his claim that PP doesn't do abortions. This embarrassment of a VP will say anything.

Had enough?
nik,

Let me burst your pro-life, pro-choice philosophy bubble. So you're thinking that it takes a politician to make a rule whether an abortion is ok, or not?

I don't get this, because I believe in PERSONAL CONSCIENCE and your maker.

The choice should be there for WOMEN. If they choose to have an abortion or not should be their choice, and not some law made by man. I'm not trying to make anyone to feel guilty, but c'mon, you cannot talk through BOTH sides of your mouths. YOU want personal responsibility, but then you want to tell someone what to do. Make up your mind! I don't understand this dual personality.

o

Ah, notto, welcome to HT conservative woman's world. They want government out of their life. Except, when they want their religious views forced on the rest of us. Then it's GOOD that government tells us what we can and cannot do.

See, makes perfect sense, no? Unfortunately, it does to some as evidenced by many posts here on HT.

o

"...welcome to HT conservative woman's world."

Yeah... it's a confusing world, at best. It hacks apart "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" and goes where no rational person has gone before.

It would be nice, but... you can't have your cake and get to eat it, too. You can't control what others do, especially when you claim to want government out of your life.

It's only other people's lives that government should interfere in, I guess...

o

In her defense I think, based on some discussions a few years back, that Nik is pro choice just not pro Biden.....I don't think her angst is towards PP .

o

I" am still waiting to hear that Nik or any Woman/Man think that a woman that is raped should be forced to carry the rapist child."

Of course not. She should have access to counseling and an abortion if that is what she chooses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here