Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eva Longoria on women who support Mitt

Posted by nikoleta (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 15:08

Eva Longoria LOVES Barack Obama! Thought you all might like to read the message she received, agreed with, and re tweeted to her four million followers. This is what Eva Longoria thinks of women who support Mitt:

"I have no idea why any woman/minority can vote for Romney. You have to be stupid to vote for such a racist/misogynistic tw*t."

The backlash that followed had Obama's big supporter sounding like Anthony Weiner. We all remember how well the "Something must be wrong with my twitter account!" defense worked for him, don't we?

Longoria tried to walk it back by saying she thinks women are smart no matter who they support. But of course, by then it was too late. We understood her the first time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eva Longoria on women who support Mitt

Luckily you listen to celebrities.

o

Right esh. Who cares who they are supporting even though I have to agree with her.

o

Eva Longoria is an official representative of the Barack Obama campaign, serving as official co-chair.

Her obvious lie that she basically "didn't know nuthin bout no tweet--what's wrong with twitter" and then subsequent owning up to her most disgusting actions just illustrate the caliber of people that Obama courts as supporters and asks to speak on his behalf, and the kind of people that he and she both think would think there was nothing wrong with this type of filth, and in fact, revel in it.

o

You believe Romney when he has walked back all his policies. I think that is a lot more of concern for me.

o

Yeah & Romney courts focus on the family The AFA & the FRC officilally listed as hate groups by the Splc . Groaning right along! The campaign has reached this stage of a bad production of Long Days Journey into Tedium!

o

Yeah & Romney courts focus on the family The AFA & the FRC officilally listed as hate groups by the Splc . Groaning right along! The campaign has reached this stage of a bad production of Long Days Journey into Tedium!

o

I'd like to point out that no liberal has created a post about Tagg Romney saying he wanted to "take a swing" at Barack Obama.

o

I'm actually a little disappointed that she retracted the statement. She hit the nail on the head the first time.

o

I'd like to point out that no liberal has created a post about Tagg Romney saying he wanted to "take a swing" at Barack Obama.

No Republican/Romney supporter has either. Quite telling.

o

That was so important that it bore repeating, eh, Joe? ;-) But seriously, it was, and it did.

Personally, I don't care who a celebrity endorses, politically speaking. I don't need anyone in the entertainment industry to help me decide where my own vote will go. I usually research without the help of movie stars, musicians, and other public figures.

Though, I have to say that I agree with Ms. Longoria, since what she said has been brought to the table.

"You believe Romney when he has walked back all his policies. I think that is a lot more of concern for me."

Very concerning, indeed. Very.

o

• Posted by ENMc none (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 16:43

>>Her obvious lie that she basically "didn't know nuthin bout no tweet--what's wrong with twitter" and then subsequent owning up to her most disgusting actions just illustrate the caliber of people that Obama courts as supporters and asks to speak on his behalf, and the kind of people that he and she both think would think there was nothing wrong with this type of filth, and in fact, revel in it.<<

"didn't know nuthin bout no "

Why is it you use this "way of speaking".. mocking, actually in posts regarding Obama?

This is not the first time I've seen you do this...do you think it's funny? cute? clever?
'Course, I think it's something else, entirely.

Really, what's up with the Butterfly McQueen/Prissy speak?

Can't wait to hear why. Is it going to be anything like the explanation for the Cheetah reference?

Anyway, I know JUST what you mean..... there IS no accounting for the caliber of some people, eh?

E

o

Big deal......

What I did love though was this line from her DNC speech.

"Mitt Romney would raise taxes on middle-class families to cut his own � and mine," the 37-year-old actress said during her speech. "And that�s not who we are as a nation, and let me tell you why: because the Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy�s flipping burgers � she needed a tax break. But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."

o

What Eva wrote (and I happen to agree with her) doesn't begin to compare to what Ted Nugent has called Obama and Michelle and Hillary. I think that those who are condemning Eva need to see how hypocritical they are - unless they have condemned Nugent, who is a POS, in my opinion. And, I won't apologize for calling him that, because that's what I believe.

o

Demi, check out the FILTH Ted Nugent spews and also Hank Williams Jr. I'd sure as heck rather have Eva Longoria in my court than these two low lifes. And what's with the southern drawl all of a sudden? She's Hispanic in case you didn't know.

o

Demi, I also wonder why you phrased it as you did andthen put that in quotes when you were not quoting anyone. She didn't say that did she?

She didn't write that tweet but she did retweet it and took "personal responsibility" and apologized.

Will you do the same?

o

I have some fainting couches handy - if anyone is in need - upholstered in faux zebra, Waverly cabbage roses, or toile. Smelling salts are on order, and should arrive shortly.

o

Do you have those wrinkle-free, no-iron "Clutchables Brand" hankies as well?

o

Romney has made many statements that minorities consider as racially insensitive/intolerant and that many women feel are insensitive and disrespectful of women and women's rights.
Eva Longoria is right on the money, no minority woman in her right mind should vote for that POS Romney.

o

David, unfortunately they're not in coordinating fabrics. It will be a tough choice; serious fashion faux pas, or forgoing the dramatic hanky-clutching to forehead.

o

Nugent IS filth, a true POS. He portrayed himself, early in life, as a rock & roll personality, complete with the wild spirit that goes along with the stereotype. But it was all a charade, as he never embodied the lifestyle. Today, he's right up there with other things I'd scrape off the bottom of my shoes.

Ms. Longoria, on the other hand, speaks with wisdom as she relates her own time spent in a tax bracket that could use all the help she could get... while today, she is more than willing to step up and pay a fair share in revenue based upon her income... unlike the Romneys of this nation.

o

and she is beautiful and intelligent like the other open minded progressive women on this forum.

o

Wow, it doesn't take much for a conspiracy theory and lies to be thrown about, does it?

First off--I was very careful, I did not quote Eva Longoria.
Those were MY quotations for my obviously incorrect grammar pointing out Obama's campaign co-chair's obviously deceitful
denial of the truth.

Pay attention--I was careful with my words and quotations and prefaced my characterization of her behavior with, "basically."

Second--this is an affectation I've used for years, and that some other people I know use when we want to deny something we DO know about, as in, "I don't know nuthin 'bout that missing piece of pound cake."

Lighten up people.

o

Demi, I actually didn't see the word basically when I first read your post but I still find your choice of words unnecessary and I'll leave it at that. Only you know your intention.

Lighten up people.

It was your tangent that started all this. Lies, deceipt, reveling in filth,... a bit over the top for a stupid retweet. If this is all there is for you to take umbrage to then it must be a good day. She apologized. If you don't want to accept her apology for it then don't. Everyone's life will go on.

o

I was a fan of Desperate Housewives and "know" Eva Longoria from that. When I saw her at the Democratic convention , I turned to my husband and said what a good actress she is. I kinda got that she was clueless, but in reality, she is one smart cookie. She is so well spoken and in command of the facts.

Demi, did you address the Nugent comments since he's a HUGE supporter and campaigner for your guy?

o

I don't know nuthin bout Ted Nugent.

He doesn't speak for me, neither does Eva Longoria.

o

Posted by heri_cles 10 (My Page) on Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 18:17

"...and she is beautiful and intelligent like the other open minded progressive women on this forum."

You silver-tongued devil...THANK you ;D

o

She is right! Too much is at stake for women to play nice!

o

Eva Longoria ... remind me again, is that the UN ambassador for human rights?

o

I can't stand Ted Nugent and have absolutely no respect for Eva what's her name. These celebrities think they should be listened to. NOT!! I'd listen to a homeless person I met on the street before I'd listen to a celebrity. Well that's with the exception of Clint. I've been in love with Clint for years so he counts.

o

" I'd listen to a homeless person I met on the street before I'd listen to a celebrity."

I have very little doubt that you would listen to a homeless person before you would listen to a celebrity. Many homeless people on the street have issues with mental illness. Many celebrities are actually educated.

o

Well, some of us get the intention, Heri, if not everyone. ;-)

I would agree, Maggie... the gloves came off a while ago. We do have a lot at stake.

o

Good to see the crickets in action tackling the issues!

o

"disgusting actions" and "filth"? She voiced her opinion, and I've seen much worse than this from some posters here. What were her disgusting actions? And, there isn't a single filthy word there. I don't think we can know whether or not she LOVES Obama, unless one of you knows her personally. So often here thoughts and feelings are attributed to people whom posters don't know. I think it's very presumptuous.

o

"And, there isn't a single filthy word there. "

You don't think the word Obama's campaign co chairman retweeted was filth?

Well, I certainly do.

And yes, you've no doubt seen similar language used here.

Not by me.

o

I thought you were referring to what Eve Longoria said.

o

Great Play! Great SONG! Little changes ehhh?

Here is a link that might be useful: BALZAC

o

"You don't think the word Obama's campaign co chairman retweeted was filth?"

Don't be silly! Democrat women, including those here, already told us they vote with their "lady parts." They see NOTHING wrong with this stuff. Eva Longoria's vulgar re tweet was simply the Obama campaign trying to keep the lady parts-voters in their camp. Maybe she was trying to reach out to all those liberal women who parade around in home made vagina costumes, too.

It's too bad the Democrat calls for Longoria's resignation have already begun. I was hoping American women would have more opportunities to get to know more about the kind of women the Obama campaign is counting on to help him cling to the title of President of the United States. The campaign is actually going after the vulgar vote.

Here is a link that might be useful: Resign, Eva

o

And the outrage meter hits an all-time high...

o

You have got to be kidding. Do a google search and see who is reporting on this nonsense besides Breitbart. You have Greta Van Sustern's blog, a few other r/w websites and some gossip blogs.

Alan Colmes is hardly a "top Democrat". He is a Fox News' commentator.

Much ado about nothing.

o

Such right wing hatred I have never read because I don't go to their sites. Most are illiterate rantings. Breitbart is dead(sob) but his hatred is carried forth. I think Tagg Romney's threat to the President is more egregious than Eva's tweet.

o

Uh...you are aware that Alan Colmes is and has always been as far left as it is possible to get without tipping over? He has his own radio show, a blog called Liberaland, has written several books and comments on AOL as an extreme left liberal in addition to his very liberal contributions to FOX.

He is so far gone over Obama he makes Chris Matthews look neutral.

o

The very very few times I have seen Colmes, and I'll admit since I swore off Hannity four years ago, it's been that long, he came across a Casper Milquetoast to me. If he's a Dem, I'm working for Romney ...lol.

o

Uh...you are aware that Alan Colmes is and has always been as far left as it is possible to get without tipping over?

I am well aware who he is and this still stays in the 'who cares' column.

Again, he is hardly a "top Dem" as Breitbart and Nik tried to labeled him. Perhaps this would have been news if Bill Clinton said it or any one of a number of people who are actually considered to be a "top Dem" but Colmes? This is just his opinion about a celebrity tweet.
The whole topic is ridiculous.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here