is awesome.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tells it like it is

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This guy

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 15:51

Hard to get past all the ads.

I guess it depends on your point of view.

o

"Hard to get past all the ads."

Just one 15 second ad warning people about stroke (which frankly, as excited as some of us get in here, is appropriate IMO).

The video is certainly a fresh point of view. Watch if you dare...

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 21:37

Well, I got a 30 second ad for a local ballot measure, and then the guy gave all his web sites - another minute or so.

o

Did you listen to his talk, or give up? His directions to his website, etc. are not really a full minute, are they?

It's interesting that he is addressing people of color, especially blacks, and he addresses his audience as "you negroes".

o

How about a synopsis in your own words?

o

I think that guy didn't show up to get in line for his glass of koolaid.

What a difference that glass can make in eyes open, eyes
closed.

o

Gave up before he stopped promoting himself...

o

Not only does he address listeners as "you negroes", his website is called 'common sense'.

Like I stated on a prior thread, using the word 'negro' is not uncommon among blacks, nor is it derogatory when used in the fashion this gentleman has. It is my belief and opinion, that the word imparts a sense of history and spice (where we've been and were we've come) in listening to family and friends. White dogooders need not stick their nose into a term that is widely accepted by many.

We're in a pickle as it seems there are a plethora of people lately claiming ownership of 'common sense'. I've yet to be impressed, but this gentleman does make some good points.

o

Well, I think one first has to be aware of what common sense is, and then realize that not everyone will be able to recognize it... then one must realize what racism is and be able to recognize it when it rears its ugly head.

Sadly, the short bit of video I was able to watch was reminiscent of Uncle Ruckus and his views. Not exactly prone to common sense or modern views on race...

o

I feel very confident in saying, your ideal of common sense and mine are worlds apart. I'd also suggest you watch the full video, not just a short bit, before you make a judgment call on this gentleman's character. Usually one with any sense will fully look and/or listen, give consideration and then either reject or accept an idea or notion.

Perhaps you shouldn't appoint yourself spokesperson for "modern views on race". You may have one particular view, but there are 2 people for your one that would disagree. That's common sense :)

o
RE: This guy rocks!

One of the more discussion provoking comments made in the video was that black people are leary of criticizing the president. I'm not certain that's untrue in many cases and I understand there could be unwarranted repercussions by the small of mind, if it was determined the 1st black presidency was disasterous.

I know if a woman was elected president, I might be more hesitant to criticize.

o

Never heard a black person that couldn't criticize the President when it was justly due. We don't all walk in lockstep, and we don't care what color the President's skin is.

That guy doesn't have exclusive rights to speak for all blacks. He doesn't speak for anyone but himself.

o

I just checked my personal files:

It's interesting to note:

- how many conservatives here on this forum used to be democrats, how many were conservatives and yet still voted for Obama (and regret it and are embarrassed!) and in Lavender's case, how, when she came into this forum, she stated that she was actually a liberal and supported the President - but just had to come in to comment on how shocked! she was at the awful treatment of poor poor Demi who, why, never did nuttin' to nobody not ever!

There are some things that are so very curious in this world! I guess it's what makes the world go 'round!

Do carry on with the subject at hand.......I think I will catch some afternoon ZZZZZZ's.

o

I think the zzzs are a good idea.

That post made me yawn.

Sleeping is better.

o

:)

I'll just bet it did!

o

It's obvious the people who didn't watch the video are in denial/close-minded. Probably prejudiced about listening to a black man's opinion, too. And the ones who DID watch and pretended they didn't, are thinking. That's good.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 16:49

Yeah, that must be it.

o

"Posted by elvis 4b WI (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 15:41

It's obvious the people who didn't watch the video are in denial/close-minded. Probably prejudiced about listening to a black man's opinion, too. And the ones who DID watch and pretended they didn't, are thinking. That's good."

I wasn't sure if he was talking trash or really serious....I had to watch it a couple of times. He makes quite a few good points. But I'm also not surprised that he's pooh poohed by the few that will admit that they watched. 'Cause he's all about taking responsibility for himself probably.

o

He was serious. It really is an amazing rap. Isn't it funny (sort of funny) that these enlightened folks don't wish to hear a black man's opinion of our "third black president?"

I guess the libs can't ridicule him without sounding racist to themselves, and don't want to agree with him, either. I'm not sure why there aren't any comments from the conservatives. Good choice, Big

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here