Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone taking bets on the VP debate?

Posted by greatgollymolly (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 16:33

Of course my money is on Ryan. I really haven't seen Biden in a debate. Only time I've heard Biden speak was when he was saying something stupid, being a bully or lying about something. So this debate should definitely be entertaining.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone taking bets on the VP debate?

Ten Thousand Dollar Bet.

Photobucket

o

Good for you marquest. You must be smart and have worked very hard in your life to have an extra 10,000 to bet with. You should be very proud of your accomplishments.

I'm looking forward to that debate ggmm

o

Haven't got a clue...will depend on your perspective but my money is on Biden...

o

No, but I'd take odds on who YOU would assign a big "win!" after the VP debate. I'd bet everyone else in here would too.

It won't matter who wins or loses the next debates from all parties. I predict you and most of yours in here will announce your guys as the winner.

The only thing you won't be able to bring yourself to claim is defeat if Obama wins the election. I can only imagine the cries of "foul!' that will be heard from GGM and co.

Next "question?"

o

I'll be waiting for the Ryan whine that he won't "have time" to answer questions - particularly those involving math... debate time contraints, you know.

o

Words mean little, actions mean everything... but I'd still put money on Biden.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 17:28

Biden will have a bit tougher this time around compared with the last airhead he debated. That being said Biden will hold his own. On balance it's always tougher on the incumbents as they mostly defend while challengers mostly attack. No doubt Ryan will continue following the scripted lying to stay in lock step with Mitty.

o

I just hope the moderator is better than Leher was. Let's see... Would I want one heart beat away from the presidency someone who has been a Senator since 1972 when he was 29 years old....or a little 40 year old congressman who lies constantly thru his teeth. He may be a step up from Palin, but not a very big step.

o

Review what Ryan did to Obama.

Poor Joe Biden doesn't stand a chance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ryan schools Obama

o

I'm so sorry to dissappont you but as of yesterday I left this election in the Lord's hands. If Obama wins than for me it only means the Lord has another plan for this country. I won't be happy about it but I won't be back to scream and yell about Romney's loss. What purpose would that serve? Unlike some of you I do not take these things that personally and my faith in a higher power takes the burden of worry away on things I have no control over. All I can do is go cast my vote and say a prayer. The rest if up to God.

I post my personal thoughts and feelings on this board but, if Obama wins, my life will go on and by day 2 after the election I won't give it another thought and I surely won't be here bickering with you about why he won and Romney lost. I have no control over this election. I can cast my vote, say a prayer and wait for the outcome.

If Obama goes into a second term and continues to destroy my country then yea, you'll most probably see me back here to vent my frustration and anger. I'm human too, I've just learned over the years that worrying about things that I have no physical control over is a waste of time and energy. Leaving things in the hands of the Lord have worked out a lot better for me. Call me crazy, which I'm sure you will. HA!!

Marq, will you accept $1's, $5's and $10's if you win the VP debate? I need to go dig it up from the back yard.

o

"If Obama wins than for me it only means the Lord has another plan for this country. I won't be happy about it but I won't be back to scream and yell about Romney's loss

I surely won't be here bickering with you about why he won and Romney lost.

If Obama goes into a second term and continues to destroy my country then yea, you'll most probably see me back here to vent my frustration and anger."

Your post is so inconsistent. It makes NOOO sense whatsoever. If you sober up, you should read these statements again.

o

"Only time I've heard Biden speak was when he was saying something stupid, being a bully or lying about something."

Which name could we replace "Biden" with? What do you think GGM?

o

Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 22:56

I'm a bit slow, still trying to figure out His plan to allow Bush to win in 2000. You do realize that's when "continues to destroy my country" all started don't you?
But like Demifloyd once said (if memory serves) that if Romney wins she hoped he was hiding his true motives now and will surprise the nation with lots of good plans and solve our problems thereby fooling every one left and right. As of today part of that is true, he is fooling everyone, or at least 47% +/-

Mitt Romney 2012
??????????????????

o

Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 22:56

I'm a bit slow, still trying to figure out His plan to allow Bush to win in 2000. You do realize that's when "continues to destroy my country" all started don't you?
But like Demifloyd once said (if memory serves) that if Romney wins she hoped he was hiding his true motives now and will surprise the nation with lots of good plans and solve our problems thereby fooling every one left and right. As of today part of that is true, he is fooling everyone, or at least 47% +/-

Mitt Romney 2012
??????????????????

What are you talking about?

I don't recall saying that, certainly not those words or how I interpret the ones you just used.

I see there are some here that just can't discuss the topic without trashing conservative posters on a person level, ad nauseum.

It's a waste of time to read those hateful, juvenile, and most desperate posts.

o

No one ever stops to think if Obama for whatever reason
didn't finish his term.....this idiot would be the president of the USA. Its not funny folks. He might be
political savvy but he is an idiot!

Talk about dummy down the Oval Office!

o

Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 7:49

Sorry Demi, I was paraphrasing, if not you then my bad.

o

Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 8:13

..oh, and btw, if Romney wins I do hope he is fooling everyone now to do the right things later. He seems to be one of those "ends justifies the means" guys. But it doesn't instill much trustworthiness in the near term.

That being said, his post debate poll numbers appear to static.

o

It's a waste of time to read those hateful, juvenile, and most desperate posts.

But you do. And you continue to reply to every one of them. Hmmmm....

o

frank, I do not smoke, drink alcohol or take drugs. However, if I keep coming here to listen to this foolishness some of you post, I may have to pick up some habit to dull my senses.

Demi, I've made up my mind, the only people I'm going to engage in conversation with on this forum are you, other conservatives and those liberals who can refrain from insulting or calling other posters names. So please, those few, please keep posting or else I'll have no one to talk to. HA!!!

o

Talk to yourself. You contradict words as much as your idol. ..'I hate name calling' and YET you are one of the worst offenders...

o

well, you and demi should get along great! You are both great examples of do what I say and not what I do. Enjoy each other!

o

Good for you marquest. You must be smart and have worked very hard in your life to have an extra 10,000 to bet with. You should be very proud of your accomplishments.

Yep mrskjun, I would be proud of myself even if I did not have an extra ten thou. It is the respect I was brought up to believe by having good examples. My Mom taught me well. I would never say whinny girl as an insult.

I have enough if I lost it I would not go hungry or lose the roof over my head. I am quite a savvy woman. This woman has done very good for herself.

o

Biden is going to bully, stupidify, and yarn to death the Mittser's Munster.

-Ron-

o

well marquet, will small bills do? LOL In my case I'm afraid I'd have to pay you off in Monopoly money.

o

Nope sorry greatgollymolly, I am like Mitt. It has to be cash REAL CASH.

That is funny when my family wanted to play that game I hated it. If I was going to win I wanted it to be worth something more than just a game won. They had to add pennies to get me to play.

o

This is the face of the 'stupid, lying bully'. I think this little story speaks for itself, although perhaps not for everyone here. I'm posting it because I feel some of you will be as touched by it as I was.

Here is a link that might be useful: Joe Biden

o

Biden is an honorable, upstanding, bright, sympathetic, and politically savvy man--and he knows how to hold up his own in a debate. I'm not worried about him in the debate--nor in the oval office if, heaven forbid!, such a thing were necessary.

In case you Republicans don't remember, it has been your VPs (think back to Dan Quail, for instance--and dimwit Sarah Palin) that have had trouble coming up to standards. That has not been a problem on the Democratic side--since our candidates tend to pick VPs who are actually qualified to be president rather than VPs that will appease the wingnuts or bring some "personality" to the race--as though those were the issues presidential races and the future of our country depended on.

My only complaint about Biden is that he is too sentimental, an old softie, in fact. But that is hardly the worst "flaw" exhibited by a VP candidate.

Kate

o

He can be a softie, Kate, you're right about that, and I think the picture I posted shows that to be true. However, he's also an elder statesman and a wise choice for President Obama, who knew that he had a lot to learn at the beginning. He wanted someone at his side who he knew would steer him in the right direction and advise him whenever necessary. It's also obvious that they and their respective wives have a very warm relationship and that they have each others' backs. I've always enjoyed seeing the four of them together. I think Biden's sometimes quirky behavior hides a formidable political intellect, something that his detractors seem not to have noticed or want to acknowledge. His accomplishments go far beyond having renamed a post office and some equally important law about not having a tax on a fly fishing doodad a la Ryan. Yes, it should be an interesting debate.

o

Why post that link, Ingrid? You know that the wingnuts on here will never read it. They want a brash smart ass punk like lyin Ryan and disparage Biden at every turn. Biden, who has been a senator since 1972 ...40 years, longer than Ryan has been on this earth. Yeah, that's who I'd pick to take over the presidency. Biden is a decent man who has had great tragedy in his life. I abhor Ryan. He stand for nothing I believe in.

Yes, the GOP are whizzes at picking Veeps...You got your Palins and your Quayles...all disasters. Can you spell potato? Can you see Russia from your front porch?

o

Why would a Christian pray for Romney?
Besides the fact that Romney believes in a false prophet, Romney does not share the values of Jesus.
Jesus cared about all the people unlike the guy that shat on 47% of Americans.

o

Posted by heri_cles 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 23:40

Why would a Christian pray for Romney?

This statement shows you know absolutely nothing about the concept of Christianity.

Christians pray for EVERYONE.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here