Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mitt cancels The View appearance

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 16:53

Whatsa matter, Mitty, are you afraid of a few women? His audiences are so hand picked as are his appearances. He won't do Letterman as McCain and every other candidate did in recent years. He's afraid of Letterman, Mitty might have to go off script.

I hope there are loaded questions thrown at him tomorrow night. He won't have the Koch bothers there to pull his puppet strings. They are sending out mass emails to ALL the company employees they are affiliated with warning them they will no doubt lose their jobs if they don't vote for Romney.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mitt cancels The View appearance

Maybe he's afraid they'll ask HARD questions. Ha, ha!

o

Here's an excerpt as to an explanation from the other side. To which I say, HA! you gotta be kidding me.

"The first is that he doesn't need 'The View' anymore.

For months, the Romney campaign has been desperately trying to humanize its candidate, and toward that end, appearances on talk shows can be useful. A kind of transference goes on, in which viewers associate some of the comfort and good feelings they get from familiar hosts with the guests, no matter how many car elevators they own. The campaign made "The View" booking for this reason.

But the debate seems to have transformed how at least part of the public sees the Massachusetts ex-governor. Suddenly, polls show he's made gains in likability. For instance, a Politico/George Washington University battleground poll out Monday has 51 percent of respondents saying they now view Romney favorably as a person, while 44 percent say they view him unfavorably. That's the first time this survey has shown Romney's favorable rating as above water - more positives then negatives.

In that context, "The View" does indeed look like a risk that Romney doesn't have to run, because the level of voter approval has changed.

Second, this could be about Ann Romney as much as Mitt.

With only weeks to go before Election Day, Mrs. Romney's been stepping out more and more on her own. She semi-cohosted "Good Morning America" the other day and did fine.

Her own likability ratings are higher than her husband's. So why bother with Mitt? Just let Ann do it. She can exude warmth, distance herself when her husband's policies are mentioned, and testify to his character. She's the most effective Romney surrogate of all was first lady Michelle Obama is for her husband."

Here is a link that might be useful: CS Monitor article

o

I was proud of his campaign for deciding against The View
for him and letting Ann take it.

I have seen Joy and Whoopie both get very smirky and
confrontational with anyone on the show who disagrees
with them on anything.

They are so hung up and in love with Obama, except for Elizabeth,
that I think they would treat him with total disrespect.
He is so polite towards women he would let them get away
with it.
He doesn't need it . Anyway thats Obama's hang out.

Now if they go after Ann, they are going to lose ratings
because Ann is so well respected and loved by so many,
there would be a back-lash like they wouldn't believe.

As for the Letterman show. I don't blame him for not giving Letterman the time of day.
Why go on a show and boost the ratings when the host is
obviously an Obama butt kisser.

Obama has spent more time on TV than he has spent in his
Intel Meetings!

o

Obama has spent more time on TV than he has spent in his Intel Meetings!

You are SO in the know ....

o

CW is briefed on intelligence meetings daily!

o

Hey, in the world of television, I just saw that Honey Boo Boo endorses Barack Obama. Conservatives should have a field day with that one.

There goes the election!

o

I think that Romney is a coward. That is the only reason he chickened out.

~Ann

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 10:42

If Romney can't stand up to Joy and Whoopie how can he stand up to Bin Laden??...

oops,...I forget, Romney would have to deep sea dive to stand up to Bin Laden.

o

I think that's just it... he doesn't want the tougher questions asked this close to the election. How would he answer?

o

Well, he should get some tough questions tonight anyway!

o

So here's my question to those who are behind him not appearing. Even if it is just perception that he's being a coward (good choice of word!), why not quell that and show up anyhow (or go on a different show)? This is negative whether he wanted it to be or not. Ann is NOT up for the presidency, and can't replace him. As the CS Monitor explains, candidates do this to get seen in a real world application. So it's not like he has "more important things to do". This, too, is important.

o

"Obama has spent more time on TV than he has spent in his
Intel Meetings."

I'm not sure that's if that's true, but his own aides say he doesn't attend briefings because he doesn't need to.

Perhaps he might have learned about the dangers in Libya before the murders of the Ambassador and other Americans if he had taken the time to attend the daily briefings.

o

Rob, I think he believes that the downside of showing up on The View is greater than the benefit. Like his taxes. More downside to revealing than not revealing.

~Ann

o

Perhaps he might have learned about the dangers in Libya before the murders of the Ambassador and other Americans if he had taken the time to attend the daily briefings.

Like any chain of command, it should have hit other people long before it came to his attention. You do realize in a country of this size that many other people have responsibilities before it gets to the President?

o

Ann,

I suspect that is true, but am open to a reasonable answer as to why he'd cancel something he was obviously willing to do earlier. I doubt we'll see one!

o

You know, Esh... I've noted this so often, to continued silence... the USA is not a dictatorship run by one man; there's a huge chain of command and checks and balances. Our President has very little power, when all is said and done.

It's funny that the Republican view always places everything squarely upon President Obama, as though he were a one man show.

o

And yet they didn't take down Bush for his failure to stop the attacks on US soil in 2001.

o

Yes, Esh, and the BLAME of Bush for EVERYTHING, including the housing debacle that put the financial crisis into motion, was of one man, BY THE LIBERALS.

No Barney Frank, Maxine Waters and "houses for everyone they deserve it whether they can pay for it or not"--it was all Bush's fault.

Both sides do it.

o

Posted by monablair none (My Page) on Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 11:03

"Obama has spent more time on TV than he has spent in his
Intel Meetings."
I'm not sure that's if that's true, but his own aides say he doesn't attend briefings because he doesn't need to.

Technology, Anyone?

I believe Mitt decided not to go to the view for these reasons:
1) no respect for women. Those mormons love their sister wives....all of them ;)
2)his wife is subservient. The View women are NOT.
3)he didn't have enough time to regurgitate what he's been practicing for his "talk" with them. He cannot interact with people esp women. The first debate worked well for him because he rehersed the personal stories.
4)these women on the View could have him "for breakfast".

He's a coward, really.

o

I am sorry that there was no apparent investigation into what the Bush administration knew about the 9/11 attacks. Or was there?

Bush wasn't the only one that had a hand in the financial crisis that he left behind. But he did:

- sign two tax cuts
- start two wars

None of which was "paid for" by sensible policies - especially the tax cuts. He took a surplus and turned it into a 1 trillion dollar deficit.

His signature is on that part of the mess.

o

Imagine if he can't handle Whoopie & Joy whats he gonna do with China the baby wipe!

o

Why would a man like Romney even want to be in the presence of those foul mouthed old women much less attempt to have polite discourse with them? Polite discourse with those people would never happen--except of course, when it's their idol, Barack Obama.

Those women are mostly rude, crude, talk over one another, aren't the brightest bulbs--including Barbara Walters--and from my view, do nothing but complain and complain and whine and whine.

No wonder they're liberals--that's what they're good at, trashing other people and trashing our country while sitting on their behinds.

o

I've mentioned this before but will reiterate: President Obama reads ALL intelligence reports firsthand rather than having them summarized by someone at the meetings. In this way he has the best possible knowledge of what is happening at any time, since he's constantly reading these reports as they come in. You say he can't be bothered to go to the intel meetings. He certainly can be "bothered" to go through reams of paper every day to find out exactly what is happening instead of relying on a secondary source. You've ignored this comment the first time but I'm hoping (against hope) that it will sink in now.

o

So there you have it. Liberals all sit on their behinds doing nothing but whining. These four women are perfect examples of liberals sitting on their behinds and expecting success to fall in their laps. They certainly could not have earned their success and wealth!

There are every bit as many hard working, contributing liberals as their are conservatives. As a matter of fact the richest , most productive States are all liberal.

Seems to me some spend to much time sitting behind their computers whining about liberals.

o

Yes, whining about liberals whining--what a merry go round, eh?

o

We don't just blame Bush... we blame his entire Administration, those who influenced decisions made therein, and those who placed him in office for a second term!

Why do you think we use the term BushCo so often? Or refer to his cohorts and/or cronies?

o

I'd be interested in you providing examples of "whining" because other than perhaps two, one liberal one conservative, I don't find anyone here whines. Complains about what they perceive as wrong or unjust but whine...nope.

o

You can spin Mitt Romney's decline to the View any way you
want ...knock yourselves out libs.
Mitt Romney doesn't need the View.

Thank you Demi.
I don't watch the View anymore for those reasons.

Posted by demifloyd 8 (My Page) on Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 12:29

Why would a man like Romney even want to be in the presence of those foul mouthed old women much less attempt to have polite discourse with them? Polite discourse with those people would never happen--except of course, when it's their idol, Barack Obama.
Those women are mostly rude, crude, talk over one another, aren't the brightest bulbs--including Barbara Walters--and from my view, do nothing but complain and complain and whine and whine.

No wonder they're liberals--that's what they're good at, trashing other people and trashing our country while sitting on their behinds.

And here is noto's deep intelligent thought on the subject.
Gee notto, you stay up all night thinking this one?

Notto:
1) no respect for women. Those mormons love their sister wives....all of them ;)

That response just knocked the whole thought process of
reasoning out the window.

Sorry notto, uuuuuuuuuuuuh duuuuuh try door #3.

o

According to Ingrid:

"President "Obama reads ALL intelligence reports firsthand rather than having them summarized by someone at the meetings. In this way he has the best possible knowledge of what is happening at any time, since he's constantly reading these reports as they come in. You say he can't be bothered to go to the intel meetings. He certainly can be "bothered" to go through reams of paper every day to find out exactly what is happening instead of relying on a secondary source."

I didn't realize you were a member of his personal staff and privvy to what he does, sees and reads everyday.

Oh, but wait..Don't tell me you believe everything you read in the papers or hear on the Liberal TV stations?

o

Didn't want to deal with the gossipy, little harridans.

-Ron-

o

And here is noto's deep intelligent thought on the subject.
Gee notto, you stay up all night thinking this one?

Notto:

That response just knocked the whole thought process of
reasoning out the window.

Sorry notto, uuuuuuuuuuuuh duuuuuh try door #3.

Really? How?

o

Being the devoted Mormon he is, Mitt really thinks women are a step down the ladder from men. Really does he have to answer the tough questions the "old women", (demi's words,)might have when he can go to his totally screened crowd where they HAVE to leave their cellphones and cameras behind and feed his lies to his partisan crowd.

o

he's briefed on intelligence meetings daily.

=======================================================

Not according to Biden. They knew nothing. Maybe if they actually attending these meetings they'd know what goes on in the world.

There you go again with that "his wife is subservient." You do not know that. What an insulting cheap shot to his wife.

Obama has all the power he wants, and his ability to pass laws no one wants tells us what he likes to do with his power. He is not a president who wants to govern. He thinks he owns us and the country. He thinks he's our dictator and forgets he works for us, not the other way around, but give him another 4 years and he'll be able to show you 100% of who works for whom.

o

He was working on getting the details of how we'll pay for his 5 trillion dollar tax cut up on the web, for all to see. Details at the link

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

GGM what on earth are you talking about? The President has NO power to pass legislation. If he did why didn't he use that power to move his agenda forward the last two years?

Do you understand how your government works?

o

He thinks he's our dictator and forgets he works for us, not the other way around, but give him another 4 years and he'll be able to show you 100% of who works for whom.

Yep.

Get ready to pay more income taxes--those of you who pay income taxes.

Get ready to shell out more and get less.

As much as you want "the rich" to fund your lives and this country, they don't have enough.

So who is going to pony up for all of these wonderful programs?

I can see it in 2015--tax returns from the top wage earners, showing their businesses have been dissolved, no capital gains to be taxed at the higher rate or any rate because their investments have been withdrawn, and considerably less taxes owed if any, along with a note to Barack Obama, "Who is John Gault?"

Then what are you going to do?

o

And how does the president make all this happen...by executive order? Congress passes legislation, Congress owns the purse NOT the President.

The argument is bogus!

o

So Romney will be able to face down the terrorists, deal ruthlessly with Iran, but when it comes to sitting down with the ladies on The View, he hightails it over the hills.

o

Romney couldn't handle a couple of comic actresses is all it came down to! Call them rude crude liberal trashy that only place you as what?
I have the clean the litter box after that dumping Fresh step would't do a thing for that!
There's the mirror problem again!

o

ROFLMAO

david:
but when it comes to sitting down with the ladies on The View, he hightails it over the hills.

Well, that fella sure didn't have a bit of trouble standing
up to the President of the United States of America
and giving him he^^.

And its important again to the world economy why Romney
isn't taking time out of his busy schedule to sit down
at the View
with Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp?????????????????????

o

another seizure on the floor maybe it's a possession thing!

o

Just like it's not important to him to provide details on how to make his tax plan actually add up?

o

Aaaw esh, I don't think Mitt's tax's are going to be as important as Obama's big cover-up is going to GET.

Mitt Romney disclosed all he had to by law and girl,
it didn't seem to hurt him a bit in the polls.

Now the Obama WH cover up on a terrorist(is it, isn't it,
is it, isn't it) attack is going to matter.

o

I said his TAX PLAN, not his personal taxes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here