Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1.8 Million Donate.

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 17:12

1.8 million people had donated, many for the first time in this or the last election cycle.
The President raised $181 Million in Sept I wasn't giving a dime 6 months ago. I gave 3 times this week to stop the radical extremist right! I imagine more than a few other like me see it that way!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nickles & Dimes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1.8 Million Donate.

Joe, if I had an extra dollar to my name, I would give it over to the Obama campaign faster than you could blink! If I thought it would help him win the election, I'd be more than happy to find a dollar to donate.

I'm not surprised that so many new donations are being taken in, though. This is one of most stark contrasts in an election, in terms of platforms and of nominees. The extreme side of the Republican party having been shown, it is revealed that there is, indeed, a sane majority out there in America, and they want a calm, rational, intelligent thinker at the nation's helm... as opposed to the double-dealing vulture capitalist and the sliding platform that is Romney.

It's a shame that media is hyping a single debate and its presentation as a reason to like or dislike a Presidential candidate. Charisma and the cut of a suit are not that important to the running of a Western nation. Honesty is, however, which is why the contrast is so stark between the two candidates.

I think more people are worried about the number of misinformed voters within the public realm, and are doing everything within their power to ensure a Democrat keeps the Oval Office for a second term.

o

Good news, Joe! I sure hope you're right!

I haven't contributed in a few months. I think I will contribute this week.

o

I have sent my donation so I was in the "1.8 million people" that donated,. I always put my money where my mouth is.

I agree there are a lot of people that care about the country and are stepping up.

o

We've also donated several times. There's nothing like sheer stark terror to loosen the purse strings, and I suspect that many of us have that feeling at the prospect of the R&R team being at the helm. As jodik has pointed out, the contrast between the two candidates could not be more stark. I truly believe the future of our country hangs in the balance; never have I felt this about any other election. (In retrospect, voting for Bush represented an equally scary scenario but who knew? Now we do.)

o

I have never been so convinced in my life that a dangerous crew of extremist have now adopted the name of the Republican Party.

o

What?

You all haven't already donated the maximum amount to your candidate?

o

It should be noted these donations came from citizens and not a few Wall Street guys donating to a super pac. These are donations from the voters.

That is a lot of support.

"Some amazing news this morning: 1,825,813 people came together to raise $181 million for this campaign in September," the campaign said on Twitter.

"If you gave $5, it helped. 98% of September's contributions were $250 or less, with an average contribution of $53," it said.

o

Demi go to bed stop trying to pick a fight?

o

What?
You all haven't already donated the maximum amount to your candidate?

Boy for someone that's always telling us that it's none of our business how anyone else spends their money, all of a sudden you're so interested in how we spend ours.

Boy for someone who is constantly criticizing others for making snarky comments, this sure sounds snarky to me.

Do I say, not as I do. Again.

Try following your own advice.

o

I am one of the 1.8 million that donated in September. I think it was $20 that I gave.

o

I haven't given to the Obama reelection campaign, but I gave to Elizabeth Warren's campaign.

o

"1.8 Million Donate." = Lemmings driving over the cliff.

"Posted by nancy_in_venice_ca SS24 z10 CA (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 13:44

I haven't given to the Obama reelection campaign, but I gave to Elizabeth Warren's campaign."

Perhaps she can work on getting her law degree and clarifying her Cherokee heritage with your pittance.

o

Funny guy, you hero Newt called Romney out of his his flippering!

o

But...conservatives never call anyone names...Conservatives never insult anyone...Only liberals do that.

Now that this particular poster is back, conservatives better keep that crap to themselves.

o

Posted by jillinnj (My Page) on
"Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 17:44

But...conservatives never call anyone names...Conservatives never insult anyone...Only liberals do that.

Now that this particular poster is back, conservatives better keep that crap to themselves."

"Conservatives never insult anyone."

It is what it is........that you are butthurt and insulted by my glib description of the mindless lemming like behavior of the left is merely an added bonus. Jeeezzzzz....do ANY of your ilk think for themselves?

"conservatives better keep that crap to themselves"

I'll post where I please. *SNORT* If you don't like my posts......To quote a Monty Python movie......"What are you going to do, nibble my bum?"

LMAO.....Did it ever occur to you that I find you and your posts hugely entertaining? Kinda like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

o

Pick another metaphor, Big Papi. Looks like lemmings only congregate to mate, not bash conservatives. Also, they apparently only go over the cliff by accident. But they do "have sharp little teeth", so...

"Lemmings are surprisingly solitary animals, only coming together to mate then separating again. Wild lemmings are thought to never get older than a couple of years due the harsh conditions in their natural habitat and the small and very edible size of the lemming. The lemming is easy prey for most meat-eating mammals and birds.

The theory that older lemmings consciously jump off cliffs in large numbers in order to let the younger lemming generations have full access to food and shelter etc is a myth. This may have originated from the mass migration of the Scandinavian lemming when food becomes scarce, that run in their hundreds through the surrounding terrain in search of food, with a few unlucky individuals finding their way off cliffs.

Lemmings have small, stout bodies and short limbs, ears and tail in order to allow the lemming to conserve heat more easily in the bitter Arctic winters. Lemmings also have sharp little teeth which helps the lemmings to gnaw through tangles of roots."

o

I'll post where I please. *SNORT* If you don't like my posts......

Wasn't talking to you. It's obvious you will post whatever and whenever you want.

The comment was to the conservatives who constantly whine about liberals calling conservatives names. I was pointing out that you are by far the worst offender at calling people names. But, please, continue. Believe me, I am not asking you to stop. You prove my point with every post.

LMAO.....Did it ever occur to you that I find you and your posts hugely entertaining? Kinda like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

No it never occurred to me because I don't spend a second thinking about what you think. In my short time here, I quickly learned to ignore your vile posts.

o

Did it ever occur to you that I find you and your posts hugely entertaining? Kinda like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
(gee that doesn't sound like you at all where did you read that)?

o

Don't mind them, Jill. They're just sore that private citizens feel strongly enough about the candidates that they're willing to give their hard earned dollars to Obama's campaign, and not to Romney's.

It's always been a case of "do as I say and not as I do". The responses are always glib when there's nothing left to say... or the next taking point hasn't been issued yet...

o

Here, search for yourselves: the unbiased source for all government fund raising. Obama has $0 in PAC funds, while Romney has $901,524 in PAC contributions. Not to mention, for such a "business man", Romney has raised less, has less cash on hand, more debt, and is beholding to those who ruined our economy. He's in bed with the devil and if you don't think so, you need to see who his contributors are: Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase and Company... Even though I'm a republican, brought up military, I will NOT vote for anyone who is supported by those who took my home from me and ruined the economy. Four more years of that? Just say no.

See for yourself below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Obama's record-but you can find Romney's here too

o

Thanks, Rob! You remind me that there are Republicans that can still think for themselves and not just blindly follow Fox News.

o

I second that. Rob, HT's last woman standing. That's why.

o

Robin, it's a shame more Republicans won't stand up and speak the truth about their own party. It's got to be frustrating.

o

If I ran for office would you donate to me? I promise that all genitalia would be protected from government intrusion...

o

y'all are funny.

Yes, it's very frustrating. But take heart, my real life friends and family are just as frustrated. There are more of us!

o

But take heart, my real life friends and family are just as frustrated. There are more of us!

Thank goodness!!!!!!

You start to wonder when you read this board...

o

I know there are Republicans like you Rob. I have neighbors like you. But they have Romney signs on their lawn. I do not care that they support him but I talk to these people we have neighborhood cookouts. None of them talk about Obama like these people on HT.

They are Presidents of banks, Doctors and Attorneys. It is who they support because it is where their bread is buttered. When we get together they have no problem talking about the Presidents accomplishments but they have expressed that cracking down on the banking policies and fees is cutting into their bonus. So they are voting their interest. I can accept that reason.

It is the BatCrapCrazy that have taken over the Republican party that is the problem. Some of the posters on HT you know immediately from what they post if they got through HS their parents should have moved to a better school district.

Example: A HT I expressed I had called my Representative to solve a problem. I was told by one of our posters that they are too busy to take care of my problems. When asked what are they busy doing she said "she did not know what they do but she knew they were busy".

So that person does not have a clue what any politician does so I doubt she has a hint what the President does. Consequently she repeats what the others say. If it sounds crazy she agrees. They said they are Republicans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here