Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The very best of the USA.

Posted by ronalawn82 z9FL (ronalawn08@gmail.com) on
Sat, Oct 20, 12 at 17:19

I received this in an email and would like to share the good feeling, pride, ecstasy that I felt.
Feel Good

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The very best of the USA.

That was very inspiring and fun! It's a computer-generated depiction of what happened on a previous mission to Mars, about seven months ago, and one of the machines is still working. Two were deployed but unfortunately one of them parked itself in the shade so that the solar panels didn't work. Still, the complexity of creating something like this is phenomenal, and I'm proud of the scientists who were able to make this a successful mission.

o
RE: The very best of the USA.

Very good.
I recently watched "The Martian Chronicles" (Ray Bradbury) as a 3 part series on Netflix. Made in 1980, it had us humans running around on Mars without spacesuits or even masks, and even burning open fires. I wondered if our knowledge was so limited back then or this was just camp science fiction.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here