Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Notto - I'm intrigued by your comment

Posted by jerzeegirl 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 18:27

In another thread you said, "Don't know who I will vote for, yet. I do know that I would be better off under Romney TODAY, but in a few years, when I retire, I would be better off under a Democrat ;)"

I didn't think there could possibly be any undecideds out there, but apparently I'm mistaken.

Why do you think you would be better off under Romney today? He has not given any specifics (and when he does he changes the very next minute) but maybe you know or heard something that I didn't. Please share your thoughts on this.

Why would you consider voting for someone who would not hesitate to take away your civil rights as a woman? (I think you are a woman, right?)

Why would you vote for someone who writes off 47% of the population as slackers?

Why would you vote for someone who is a compulsive liar?

Why would you vote for someone who seems so inept in foreign relations?

Since I feel that you are a reasonable person, I would love to hear why you are still in undecided mode!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Notto - I'm intrigued by your comment

by jerzeegirl 9 (My Page) on Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 18:27

In another thread you said, "Don't know who I will vote for, yet. I do know that I would be better off under Romney TODAY, but in a few years, when I retire, I would be better off under a Democrat ;)"
I didn't think there could possibly be any undecideds out there, but apparently I'm mistaken.

-Let me take these one by one.

Being an Independent, I know which way I'm leaning, but
1) Currently, I am seeing a lot of waste, and freebies around me that I don't like. Some people are taking advantage of the Recession, and the government. Some DO need help. I'm torn. I like to be fair and help those who need it, but do not like to be taken advantage of, because of the govt stupidity.
-I dislike some of the Dem policies. ABLE YOUNG BODIES SHOULD go to work. I see scams around me. It's easy to get welfare, just have a couple of kids...I'm not talking about a mom with a couple of kids who fell on tough times. Just move to my state and you'll get a hefty check and healthcare the next day....these are ABLE, YOUNG ,people who never paid into the system, and many don't want to work. Trust me.
-Dems are IMPOTENT. That's a huge one for me. I got really upset how easily they gave in to the GOP and passed this crappy version of Obamacare. May as well just protect MY interest-self.
--------------------------------

Why do you think you would be better off under Romney today? He has not given any specifics (and when he does he changes the very next minute) but maybe you know or heard something that I didn't. Please share your thoughts on this.

-You make a good point. However, Obama made some dumb "stimulus" moves, which really ticked me off. I need to see a party create taxpayer jobs in the US!

--------------------------------

Why would you consider voting for someone who would not hesitate to take away your civil rights as a woman? (I think you are a woman, right?)
-ok, you got me there. I forgot about my body parts ;)
----------------------------------

Why would you vote for someone who writes off 47% of the population as slackers?
-Well, I don't believe the slacker number, but I do think there ARE scammers, as I said in my first answer. I think some of the Soc Sec is squandered, and some other gov subsidies need to stop. In other words, the true govt waste needs to stop.
---------------------------------------

Why would you vote for someone who is a compulsive liar?

-NO

------------------------------

Why would you vote for someone who seems so inept in foreign relations?
True
------------------------------------------

Since I feel that you are a reasonable person, I would love to hear why you are still in undecided mode!

-Probably because I am upset with a bunch of WUSSES Dems, who seem inept in implementing correct policies, so I may as well protect MY ASSETS. I know this sounds like a schizophrenic answer...but I was trying to beat them (The Reps), but the Dems seem inept...I wish we had another party.
FYI- I was a Billary (the Clintons)supporter.

o

Notto, I can not tell you how good it is to hear someone talk about what upsets them about the real issues not how the President talks, nor how he uses a teleprompter, nor how he will institute death panels and how he is determined to bring the US to its knees.

o

Thank you notto for answering my questions! I am really fascinated by the fact that there are still some people who can't decide, since I have always figured I was the most indecisive person on the planet! And yet I have no qualms voting for Obama since I personally think he's doing a great job considered the mess he was handed. Also, I never thought that the economy could come roaring back that quickly from such a deep recession so I'm not terribly surprised that the economy isn't fixed yet. I am trying my best to be reasonable about what we can expect from anyone who would be president.

o

But how refreshing to hear from someone who I think actually may be an Independent rather than a Republican in hiding!

o

I am with Chase and Jersey. I take my hat off to you for really trying to evaluate your choice pertaining to valid issues.

I have been where you are in other election but not this one because I have seen Romney before and this election and debates have not changed my mind about him.

I am a Democrat but as I have said before I have voted for Republicans. I am embarrassed to say I did vote for Santorum because he handled something very dear to my heart. He did it fast and with followup. It was not him personally but his office but I felt if his office handled my issue it reflects on the candidate and hire competent staff.

o

Just move to my state and you'll get a hefty check and healthcare the next day....these are ABLE, YOUNG ,people who never paid into the system, and many don't want to work. Trust me.

Dems are IMPOTENT. That's a huge one for me.

Obama made some dumb "stimulus" moves, which really ticked me off. I need to see a party create taxpayer jobs in the US!

It is preposterous to suggest that you are an independent or that you are anything different from a Republican ideologue with over-simplistic Fox News talking pint retorts such as your characterization of the "stimulus."

Come clean Notto, Never mind, you have already exposed yourself so knock off the feigned independent label. That is one of the oldest tricks in the book and one that has been tried here so many times I lost count.

o

Notto, have you considered what I believe is the crucial reason to vote for Obama, regardless of anything else - the Supreme Court? There may be as many as 3 justices that will be appointed. Two huge decisions from the Court and the future of this country may hinge on who is elected - Roe v. Wade and Citizens United. Citizens United could very well be overturned (as it should be - corporations are not persons, regardless of what Romney says - and this decision has totally corrupted the election process) if there are more liberal persons on the court, or Roe v. wade could be overturned (which would be disastrous for women and any right to privacy of anyone in the future) if conservatives are appointed.

I also found out, just yesterday, that Dh's and my opportunity to enroll in Original Medicare and Medigap in 2014 will not be prohibited due to "pre-existing conditions" due to Obamacare. DH has several medical issues that would probably prevent him from leaving a Medicare Advantage plan. Unfortunately, there are only 4 plans available in our area - two of which are poorly-regarded HMOs, another one has almost no "in network" providers within an hour's distance, making our co-pays horrendous (50%). So, we need to change into original medicare and now we will be able to do so if we can hang on for another year. Plus our prescription costs will decrease each year as the "donut hole" disappears.

You may not be old enough to care about Medicare now, but the Supreme Court appointments and Obamacare are huge reasons for me to vote for Obama and not Romney. They will affect not only me and others of my generation, but generations to come.

In 2008, I did not vote for either Obama or McCain, but my state was solidly for Obama so I decided to vote FOR someone instead of the lesser of two evils (Obama is a corporatist and that was my reason for my not voting for him). But, this year, I feel that it is just too important to vote for someone other than Obama due to these very dominant issues.

Thank you for setting out your reasons. It's so refreshing to read actual reasons and not the "anyone but Obama".

o

I'm just glad to have someone that will actually ANSWER A QUESTION.

Thanks, notto.

o

I'm less concerned about the single mom with two kids "scammer" than the super rich "scammers" that have managed to get their scams written into the tax code.

o

I'm concerned by both but I'm concerned by a candidate who declares I morally deficient and praises FOCUS ON THE FAMILY. Promises to undo states that have already passed marriage equality.

o
RE: Notto claim of independent politics

The Bush "Stimulus" of 2007 created ZERO jobs.
Obama's Economic Recovery Act and other policies (like ensuring that our auto companies would not go Bankrupt) were responsible for halting and reversing the LOSS of 750,000 taxpayer jobs each month and sending us into a Depression.

The Economic Recovery Act provided funds for States to hire and maintain Police and Firemen and teachers. If they became unemployed, like hundreds of thousands of people in jobs connected to the auto industry, that would have sunk us.

The Economic Recovery Act also provided funding for roads and bridges and government buildings that resulted in real jobs. I see men working on roads that are partially funded by the Act to this day.

The Stimulus also provided guided tax cuts towards energy efficiency (e.g., credits for purchasing energy efficient appliances) , investment in solar, wind and autoi battery technology, etc. No the Republicans favor the big oil companies and the status quo.

The cost of the Stimulus package pales in comparison to unfunded Trillions in War expenses, unfunded health care benefits and on the other side, tax cuts during the Bush debacle.

Let's be specific about what you did not like about the Obama "stimulus" plan and whether or not you think it was a partisan ploy or a necessary and reasoned economic plan in reaction to an economy tanking and out of control.

As far as "impotence" that is nonsense. As it stands, Republicans claim that President Obama is a divider. Did you really object to Obama and the Democrats moderating the healthcare reform proposal to mirror the Republican/Romney plan for mandatory private insurance? What would that have accomplished? Machismo at the expense of unproductive divisiveness ?
Is that what you really wanted? I doubt it.

By the way, what if anything do you question about Romney's stated solutions to "stimulate" the economy?
I guess I must have missed that.

o

I agree with Terricks... I'd be less concerned with the single mother of some kids than the wealthy corporate cheats who hide their money in the Caymans and pay way less income tax than their secretaries.

The Supreme Court is the one reason among many other I'd give you to vote for Obama. There are three justices who will turn 80 soon and will need to be replaced. Have you given a thought what will happen to Roe v Wade and Citizens United?

It will be a very scary country if R&R are elected. You won't even recognize it. My state has gone the teabagger route and is in severe decline. Competent people are being fired and replaced with idiots who know nothing about the position but kowtow to the radical right agenda.

o

Notto, don't pay too much attention to Heri. He isn't very good at handling any criticism with regards to the President. If one questions the President they are accused of many things the least offensive is that of being a closet Republican.

He thinks I'm really a Republican masking as a liberal which is beyond laughable as everyone on this forum will tell you...... and I mean everyone even those who are less than enamored with my "meddling".

o

Morning Chase.

So can you make up your mind, please?

Are you a lefty foreigner or a Republican pretending to be Canadian?

o

Morning HG,

Depends on which one you feel like playing today? I think it's your turn to choose.

o

Lefty foreigner was really fun, but I think the paranoid people are out buying survival supplies now.

Perhaps "Republican in Canadian's Clothing" might be a fun one, since it seems we have our number one player sniffing around the board looking for covert Fox News watchers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here