Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Self Deportation" suggestion from Romney

Posted by heri_cles 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 18:53

Is Romney going to flip on that one now as well?

Would Romney have supported Lily Ledbetter?

I guess the answer is no. It is whatever he thinks is in his best political interest.
This guy lost all credibility, just to gain a few points in the polls.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Self Deportation" suggestion from Romney

Next Romney will try for a photo op with Dreamers in a too-little-too-late attempt to capture a scintilla of support from Latinos.

o

Has Andrea Saul walked it back yet the two of these are a great "Dancing with the Assteroids TANGO TEAM"

o

Just to go along honestly with my theory that it doesn't make a fart-in-a-gale difference who holds the office, I think I'll vote for the Romster.

o

speaking of passing wind!

o

"Just to go along honestly with my theory that it doesn't make a fart-in-a-gale difference who holds the office, I think I'll vote for the Romster."

Seriously, PN, are you saying that it does not matter at all who wins between Reps. and Dems.? You don't believe that there are differences between Romney and Obama that would change your vote?

o

Seriously, I think it matters in no significant or meaningful degree.

o

Posted by pnbrown z6.5 MA (My Page) on Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 22:59

"Seriously, I think it matters in no significant or meaningful degree."

Yer killin' me ;D

o

"Seriously, I think it matters in no significant or meaningful degree."

That is a little depressing. I hope that you are wrong (no offense).

o

PN has stated this often it not news.

o

I don't remember asking you.

o

Ah gee!

o

If it mattered the way partisans think it does, wouldn't reality reflect that a great deal more?

We have had extreme liberals through moderates to extreme conservatives as President. It may possibly be that there were times in the past when who in particular held the office made a significant difference, or it may be that is the illusion projected by hindsight. It's easy to suppose that there would have been no New Deal, for example, if someone other than FDR had been in office. Isn't it more likely however that extreme economic urgency and social unrest would have caused Congress to create some kind of sweeping welfare plan regardless of who was President?

Would there have been no Civil Rights movement if Goldwater had taken office in 1964? Somehow I don't think MLK would have retired at that time, and exigencies would have required Goldwater to make similar moves to those Johnson made.

Stuff happens, politicians react, and big events greatly suprass partisan theatrics. Where was partisan bickering when the Patriot Act passed the Senate with only one nay? That's when we desperately needed bickering and opposing points of view and instead the sheep sent the Constitution to the gallows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here