Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who will win?

Posted by frank_il z5Illinois (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 21:16

Just because I hate the sanctimonious conservatives on this site, I have to say this. Generally, they lie about who they believe will win. They also lie about who they voted for in previous elections. So, I want to hear early about their vote so they cannot lie later.

Say who you will vote for.

Then, tell us who you believe will win.

WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR?
Obama

TELL US WHO YOU THINK WILL WIN?
I say Romney. I hate the fact that I believe that, but I believe it to be true.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who will win?

Posted by frank_il z5Illinois (My Page) on Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 21:16

"Just because I hate the sanctimonious conservatives on this site, I have to say this. Generally, they lie about who they believe will win. They also lie about who they voted for in previous elections. So, I want to hear early about their vote so they cannot lie later."

Frank. You hate only the sanctimonious conservatives? Or are you saying all conservatives are sanctimonious? Are you saying that all conservatives lie, or only the sanctimonious ones? Do you want an answer from any conservatives, or only the sanctimonious ones?

I need answers here before I can decide whether to oblige your desire to stockpile ammunition for future insults.

o

Well Frank since you hate me I won't be playing. I can't believe you can "hate" someone on this forum. Wow, you are way the heck out there.

o

I hear you Frank, I agree with you....and I feel your pain. It's so close but I think Romney will win too.

It's's too bad because I think all this is to him is another "acquisition". He will be a terrible President . If this happens my heart goes out to President Obama because I believe he truly cares for the American middle class and did an outstanding job given the cards he was dealt and the incredible dysfunction of Congress.

God I pray we are both wrong ..

o

I have house seats & from where I sit Frank is'nt even close to being out there!

o

"I need answers here before I can decide whether to oblige your desire to stockpile ammunition for future insults."

That is a very fair statement Elvis.

I believe that Conservatives are less than truthful when it comes to discussions of being Republicans or Democrats.

I think that it would be helpful for people to state who they will be voting for and who they think will win. That way no one can be less than truthful later about who they voted for.

o

I would second what Chase says... right up to the point of praying, because I've never found that to help much. ;-)

President Obama connects with the average American in ways Romney never will. He also views the nation from a "we're all in this together" standpoint, and realizes we all have to make an effort if we want things to be better. He was given a pitiful hand of cards, and I think he's worked through them better than most could have, or would have. However, I'm not counting him out just yet... it ain't over until it's officially over. We'll see.

While we're on the issue of honesty, I'd like to know why we never get straightforward answers to the question we ask. Are the answers really that elusive? Or are they really that embarrassing to utter?

o

Since you don't seem to hate me I'll play.

I've already voted for Obama since I voted early via mail.

I'm as certain as anyone can be that Barack Obama will win.

o

Guys, just have a look at the latest Nate Silver poll. He waited a few days for things to settle down, unlike some of the other pollsters, and in my opinion he's the best and most trustworthy. He's really a brilliant man - check him out on Wikipedia. He definitely has Obama in the lead,and has always said he would win. He was phenomenally accurate in the 2008 race not just for the presidential election but predicted all state elections accurately except one. You can stop worrying!

o

My vote is immaterial as California favors President Obama by a wide margin.

We have a lot of initiatives on November's ballot, and previous favorites - abolish the death penalty, label GMO ingredients - seem to be falling to massive negative advertising.

o

I practically live on Nate Silver's blog, but I remember three weeks ago when Obama was in the upper 70% and now he's down to 70% chance of winning. But then on the local news , they say PA is down to a few points, and he was leading by 11 last month. Obama is doing well in Iowa and Wisconsin. Since I'm working for him, I guess you know who I'm voting for and I am going to really be pounding the pavement Sunday, Monday, and Election day.

o

I'm voting for the Green candidate who will lose as always and that way I'm not manic or depressed the next day...

o

It is none of your business as to whom someone votes for. Why makes you think you have any entitlement to that information?

From the sounds of your OP (and subsequent responses), progressives have evolved into an official Hate Group. I'll hang with the peaceful ones.

o

It is called a secret ballot for a reason. I don't even tell my husband or my best friend who I vote for.

o

Posted by lavenderlver none (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 6:11

It is none of your business as to whom someone votes for. Why makes you think you have any entitlement to that information?

From the sounds of your OP (and subsequent responses), progressives have evolved into an official Hate Group. I'll hang with the peaceful ones.

And there are those of us who appreciate it, lavenderlver.

I've already said who I'm voting for.

o

Ha! I find it very funny that the conservatives here are not willing to answer this post. Not willing to type "Romney" and "Romney" as answers to the 2 questions? Why is that? It's not like we don't know your answers. Yet, you're unwilling to write it down. So strange.

I also practically live on the 538 blog. In fact, yesterday was a very long day when he didn't post until 6:30pm! He was killing me! I checked just now and Obama's numbers have stopped falling and started gaining. First time his differential is positive since the 1st debate.

My answers:
WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR?
Obama

I'm still hopeful that Obama can pull it out (and reading Nate's blog sometimes helps calm me down). But, since the 1st debate I've been extremely worried that Romney might win. I find it just so sad that more than 1/2 the people in this country can vote for that lying man. Reading the DOMA ruled unconstitutional post makes me sad. Not a single conservative on this forum has responded to that post. I can only assume they are totally fine with keeping certain people from having the same rights they do. And that's sad. And disgusting. And other words I cannot use here.

o

But, since the 1st debate I've been extremely worried that Romney might win. I find it just so sad that more than 1/2 the people in this country can vote for that lying man.

Yes, that's what conservatives think.

That some of you can do it twice.

But I don't want to use words that are banned here to describe you because I don't have to "describe" you.

Your opinion is your opinion--nothing more, nothing less, and I couldn't care less what you believe, it's your right and I have no right to denigrate you for how you believe and think.

What's sad is that any of YOU feel that way about conservatives.

o

Who do I think will win?

I go to Intrade for that answer. Right now I'd give Obama about 65% chance of winning.

Who will I vote for?

I'm undecided. It's not really so much who I will vote for as it is who I will vote against. That's always my dilemma. I'm not fond of government and politicians in general.

I'm in Connecticut, so it really doesn't matter in the final outcome, so, for me, it's just a matter of voting to possibly send a small message.

I've said before that, in these circumstances, I'd probably vote for Obama just to spite Heri. I've thought about taking a camera into the booth with me, but I suspect it might be against the law to be photographing my ballot.

I'm not a "sanctimonious conservative", but I hope that you don't mind my chiming in. I voted for Obama, against Palin in the last election.

Hay

o

I voted against Palin in the last election.

Why hay, I never knew!

o

demi - get off your high horse, already. Of course they are my opinion. I am sure that was very clear from my post. Did I state they were facts? Did I supply a link? No, I said:
I find it just so sad that more than 1/2 the people in this country can vote for that lying man.

You don't think the "I find" statement made it perfectly clear it was my opinion? I am confident everyone else that read that statement knew I was stating my opinion.

But, because you don't like my opinion, or you don't like the way I stated my opinion, it's lecture time.

demi lectures are really really old.

If you don't care about my opinion, as you state so often, why do you read my posts?

church lady...

o

I am voting for President Obama

I feel President Obama will win.

If my only reference to Conservatives were the ones I see on HT I would not like Conservatives very much either. Because I have neighbors that are Conservatives or should I say Republican and I have heard them acknowledge what the President has accomplished. It is not all they wanted like the health care, they wanted single payer. They have Romney yard signs so there is no doubt who they support. Yet, they do not demonstrate the low information Faux News conversation.

Many of the professed Conservatives/Romney supporters on HT are not really Conservatives, they are hate and low information people. That does not make a Conservative. JMO

o

"Why hay, I never knew!"

That was the clincher for me in that election. It scared me to death to think that she could be one heartbeat away from the Presidency. But it really scared me more to think that anyone on the face of the earth, much less the President of the United States, could be so dumb to think that she was good for anything more than a few laughs.

I've stated it before. Usually Heri comes out and says I'm a liar. Heri's very funny, too.

Hay

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 9:41

Ditto that Hay on Palin, but it also weighed heavily that McCain would choose her in the first place so both got a thumbs down from me. But what topped it all was the mess that the repubs left in place, they gave me no reason to think that they'd clean it up. Now, Romney picking a young gun tea partier like Ryan, a clone of my state's young gun Eric Cantor also makes me cringe.

o

Speaking of Eric Cantor, sure haven't heard of him in a while. Or John Boehner.

o

"Ryan a clone of Eric Cantor..." Ya got that right!

I am in SC, surrounded by Republicans of all stripes. My vote for Obama will be a vote against R & R for many reasons, not least of which is the manner in which they regard women.

Having said that, I am mortally afraid that Romney will win. I know it will be incredibly close. I was disappointed in the way Obama presented his case (or lack therof) in the first debate.

o

"Ditto that Hay on Palin, but it also weighed heavily that McCain would choose her in the first place so both got a thumbs down from me."

I think we're saying exactly the same thing.

"But it really scared me more to think that anyone on the face of the earth, much less the President of the United States, could be so dumb to think that she was good for anything more than a few laughs."

Hay

o

I don't hate anyone... karma works very well for me, taking care of anything untoward so I don't have to. But I do strongly dislike the fact that so many people seem unable to gather up enough empathy and critical thought to see who it is that each candidate's policies affect, or will affect, and speak to it all in an honest way. It's a bit disconcerting... but to each his own, I guess.

The GOP would not be such an issue if they had maintained their true conservatism and not gone off the deep end of fanaticism, giving voice to such a kooky group. Robin is about the only person I find to truly represent what a Republican is, or was, and that's sad considering how many people frequent this forum.

My parents were Republican, and they maintained independent thought and common sense. The party isn't at all what it used to be. If alive today, they'd have abandoned any affiliation with the party that once could have honestly called itself grand.

Frank, I think it's almost disingenuous to use the term "conservative" to describe the group you are describing. The word doesn't speak to who they are, or who their words depict them to be, at least.

I don't think it's any secret that my family will be adding votes toward a Democratic win. We can't give a vote that speaks to the certain ruination of our country.

o
RE: Who will win? FWIW

VGkg, you might find this interesting, as a Virginian: the Mock Election held at Washington and Lee University in Lexington has long been considered to be a fairly accurate predictor of the winner of the presidential elections. I looked up who the recent winner was and it was Romney.

o

jillinnj, in response to your post as follows:

"But, because you don't like my opinion, or you don't like the way I stated my opinion, it's lecture time.

If you don't care about my opinion, as you state so often, why do you read my posts?

church lady..."

First, I did not lecture you.
Second, I don't like or dislike your opinion.
I frankly don't care what you think and have no opinion on it one way or the other.

My post was about why I do not feel a need, as other posters, do, need to make below the belt comments like you did, which was this:

"And that's sad. And disgusting. And other words I cannot use here."

It's the truth.
It doesn't even cross my mind to call you any names that I can't use here.

I don't call your opinions "disgusting."

I was pointing out that I do not feel that way about posters for sharing their opinion and I do not have any need to denigrate them or call their opinions "disgusting."

I did not tell you what you should do or not do and I lecture anyone.

If my words made you compare your self to me in that regard, then that is a good thing.

Calling me "church lady" was not meant as a good thing and
was meant as in insult.

So, as Ronald Reagan would say..."there you go again."

Maybe you did need a lecture.

But you won't get it from me and didn't.

o

jillinnj, in response to your post as follows:

"But, because you don't like my opinion, or you don't like the way I stated my opinion, it's lecture time.

church lady..."

First, I did not lecture you.
Second, I don't like or dislike your opinion.
I frankly don't care what you think and have no opinion on it one way or the other.

My post was about why I do not feel a need, as other posters, do, need to make below the belt comments like you did, which was this:

"And that's sad. And disgusting. And other words I cannot use here."

It's the truth.
It doesn't even cross my mind to call you any names that I can't use here.

I don't call your opinions "disgusting."

I was pointing out that I do not feel that way about posters for sharing their opinion and I do not have any need to denigrate them or call their opinions "disgusting."

I did not tell you what you should do or not do and I lecture anyone.

If my words made you compare your self to me in that regard, then that is a good thing.

Calling me "church lady" was not meant as a good thing and
was meant as in insult.

So, as Ronald Reagan would say..."there you go again."

Maybe you did need a lecture.

But you won't get it from me and didn't.

o

I'm voting for Obama. And I didn't last time. Romney is devoid of integrity. I am originally from Massachusetts.

o

Beautiful morning here. Did my 4 miles on the walking trail and then tacked on another 4 blocks to the Citizens Center for early voting. Yesterday they were slammed: 934 voters, two ladies checking the voter rolls and handing out ballots and 1 machine to run them through. Lots of people want to be seen on the 1st day or brag about it later.
Today, I walked in to no line, took one minute to get my ballot and ten minutes later I was out of there. I was #1076 on the voting machine count. I voted for Obama, but split my ticket on some other races.
By the way: I told them my name and they verified my address and date of birth. I offered to show my drivers license, but she said "no need" and handed me my ballot.

o

Nice you didn't need to show ID. In our state even though the photo ID was overturned, there are billboards around the poorer city areas particularly minority areas saying you NEED a Photo ID to vote. Also ads on buses say this as well as mailings. The GOP still trying for voter suppression here in PA

o

I feel bad for you, Lilly. I expect my state will go to Romney, but I got a pleasant surprise in 2008 when Obama got it.
I wasn't trying to twist the knife when I related my experience. I'm aware that the GOP is trying to disenfranchise many voters in multiple states with voter ID laws. I'm just glad that NC hasn't gone there yet.

o

lily - it looks like PA is now back in the mix. Nate talks about it in his post today. Overall, though, numbers are heading back towards Obama.

demi - my comment on it being disgusting was in reference to the fact that no conservatives have commnented on the DOMA post. I do find it disgusting that the Republican party supports discrimination against gays/lesbians. Just as it was disgusting they supported segregation. I think you taking offense at me using the word "disgusting" to describe that says a lot about you.

OK, then, if that wasn't a lecture, I'd hate to see what is in your eyes. For someone that claims to not care about my opinion, you sure do spend a lot of time commenting on my opinion.

o

lily - it looks like PA is now back in the mix. Nate talks about it in his post today. Overall, though, numbers are heading back towards Obama.

It will not happen. Lilly has one end of PA and I have the other we will not let it happen. LOL

o

It will not happen. Lilly has one end of PA and I have the other we will not let it happen. LOL

I'm counting on you both!

And, my daughter lives in PA (suburb of Philly) and will be voting Obama!

o

You got that right , Marquest. They don't know who they're dealing with ...lol

o

I'm counting on you both!

We got this. We have nothing to do with that middle little Alabama but there are not enough of them to stop the 2 PA ladies to bring it home for Obama. LOL

Thank you for your daughter jillinnj

o

According to Scholastic student election results

Obama wins !!!!!!!!!!!

Obama 51%

Romney 45%

Other 4%

Now how accurate is this prediction?

The website says they have been doing this since 1940 and only been wrong twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's some record to hold.

1st time wrong you wonder?

1948, when kids voted for Thomas E. Dewey over Harry S. Truman.

Heck newspapers didn't print those results right either.

1960, when they selected Richard M. Nixon over John F. Kennedy.

The Scholastic Student Vote may not be official, but its results have often indicated who eventually wins the presidential race. Scholastic has conducted the student mock vote during every presidential election since 1940. The results of the student vote have mirrored the actual outcome of all but two elections�1948, when kids voted for Thomas E. Dewey over Harry S. Truman, and 1960, when they selected Richard M. Nixon over John F. Kennedy.

Hopefully this mirrors the actual election results.

OH, not that my vote will matter in that I live in the "bluest of the blue" states.

But I will be voting for Obama, as will hubby, daughter and everyone I know that votes both in MA, and have successfully turned around at least 25 republican voters in NH who will vote for Obama as well.

We've had enough experience with "mitt at the helm" and we know how much of a disaster he would be as president.

And yes, I do believe that Obama will win the election, if "only by a hair, he will win a second term

Here is a link that might be useful: Scholastic student vote elects Obama and they have been wrong in their vote only twice since 1940

o

Thank your daughter for her vote, Jill. I live in the Alabama part of PA and it will go to Romney, but I can help with the undecideds. What worries me is the paper today said Casey is only ahead by four points in the Senate race and before it was double digits. The Tea party founder, an idiot named Tom Smith who started a coal company and was a democrat till last year has poured millions of his own money into the campaign whereas Casey is scarce. Knowing the sheeple here in PA they may be "buying" the fraudulent ads.

o

I live in the Alabama part of PA

Oh NOOOOO Lily I thought you were in Philly.

o

Nope, the Harrisburg area...

o

I'm too superstitious to say who I think will win.

o

I'm still undecided.

o

Really, David?...

I said the Harrisburg area, but that includes York and Lancaster and as far west as Gettysburg which has a strong Obama presence. Otherwise except for the cities, it's Alabama.

o

David's joking.

o

I said the Harrisburg area, but that includes York and Lancaster and as far west as Gettysburg which has a strong Obama presence. Otherwise except for the cities, it's Alabama.

Okay, at least you have some buffer. I am mostly surrounded by Republicans in my neighborhood. But they are not like the HT Republicans and a few are saying they are voting for Obama. I will keep working on them.

o

WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?
Johnson

Obama

-Ron-

o

I had breakfast with my two sisters and their husbands that live here this morning. We all have agreed to never discuss politics, but the question came up about where I'm going in Central America this February. I told them the results of this election could alter my path and that triggered a lively discussion.
One sister has a Doctorate and is the Dean of Students at a local Community College. They'll vote for Obama because she's afraid of the changes Romney may make.
My other sister/husband (with the least education of all of us but made the most money) will vote for Obama because of environmental concerns. They have multiple properties (and flip some) but are retrofitting properties with solar panels and are afraid of losing tax credits if Romney gets in.
My other sister and husband (they both have multiple engineering degrees) that live in Florida are a loss because they have bought into "we'll lose our guns" that the NRA has been pushing. They'll probably vote Romney.

o

WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?
Gary Johnson

Romney

o

Hayseedman said:
I've stated it before. Usually Heri comes out and says I'm a liar. Heri's very funny, too.

You are not a liar, just ridiculous at times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here