Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Former Presidents, who would you vote for now & why?

Posted by Bothell none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 23:42

I have two. Eisenhower - he was both a realist and a pragmatist & Teddy Roosevelt - he was an idealist & a take charge, full speed ahead, never mind the consequences idealist.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Former Presidents, who would you vote for now & why?

I would vote for Clinton because of his economy. and Kennedy because he did not get to complete the job he begun.

o

FDR for his social programs and reining in the banks.

o

FDR, Kennedy, and Clinton

o

Kennedy, and probably Clinton. Perhaps FDR, as well.

o

FDR & Clinton.

Sometimes you have to do things unpopular that are for the betterment of the country.

-Ron-

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 11:05

FDR might now have a chance at a 2nd term in today's wildly unrealistically impatient "Gotta fix the depression over night" USA.

o

Abraham Lincoln--for his character, determination, thoughtfulness and compassion.

Ronald Reagan--for his character, belief in the best of America, and his calm and steady leadership.

o

Jefferson, because he was smarter than any other Pres before or since. And the dude could write a mean Declaration!

o

Vgkg, I had to read your post twice since FDR was the only Pres. we had who got three terms. Wish you had made it more plain.

Without knowing their opposition, it is difficult to say. Perhaps the only one I could have voted for without a qualm would have been Washington, but I would not have had the vote living where I do now.

o

FDR got four terms. He just didn't live through the last one.

-Ron-

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 17:35

oops, sorry SL, that "FDR might now have a chance at a 2nd term" should read NOT, not Now. then it makes sense...I hope

o

Clinton, Truman, FDR, and Eisenhower. To me, JFK is overrated. He had fine ideas, but he had an inability to pass them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here