Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tsk tsk arizona still counting

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 0:10

Not recounting but still counting votes! In fact one quarter of all votes cast still haven't been counted.

Here is a link that might be useful: SHAME

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tsk tsk arizona still counting

Seems like an investigation by the Justice Dept is in order...

o

I posted this in Florida thread.

Read the the comments. Esp. those posted by the locals.

o

Forgot to add:

The same guy who tried to keep Obama off the ballot is in charge of this.

o

But it doesn't really matter. What's gonna happen? Obama's margin will be even wider or it stays the same. He's president now.

:)

o

It matters for the candidates who conceded that perhaps shouldn't have.

o

It's just counting, basically, no? And figuring out why so many votes are still uncounted. Is Arizona completely devoid of calculators, or something?

I would agree with an in depth DOJ investigation.

o

labrea,
I'd hope no one would've conceded in a close race. I wouldn't have. If it's more than 3/4 and there is an obvious direction, it should be ok.

That's not to say Arizona doesn't need some reform. They seem to be a bit rogue these days. It'd be good to see them on board with the rest of the nation. In several areas.

o

Well, there's the Presidency, and then there are the Senate and the House.

Not to mention the State Senate/House.

o

Now where is the surprise:

One of the few unresolved congressional races in the nation could come down to whether voters in a heavily Latino precinct in Arizona get their ballots counted this week.

Backed by two high-powered lawyers, a supporter of Republican congressional candidate Martha McSally filed a lawsuit on Tuesday to get election authorities to halt counting of provisional ballots from a heavily Latino area of the state's Cochise County.

The suit could be pivotal as McSally is trying to unseat Rep. Ron Barber (D) in southern Arizona's 2nd Congressional District. At last count, McSally was trailing Barber by just 512 votes, but the lead had changed hands multiple times since election night.

To halt counting of votes.

They have no shame.

Here is a link that might be useful: Update.

o

There's only so many toes and fingers, what with all the voter fraud goin' on.

-Ron-

o

(and none of it has anything to do with Voter ID fraud. Sure glad we stopped fraud where it was NOT happening and have set up no safeguards where it IS happening.)

Kate

o

Exactly Kate. Here in PA we spent MILLIONS of taxpayer dollars when not one case of voter fraud was uncovered. All for naught, because it was blocked by a judge who said we didn't need photo ID to vote, but would be asked to show it. I didn't bring it along and my daughter didn't either. Neither of us was going to show it. Different precincts but neither of us were asked. However it did infuriate the groups it intended to disenfranchise, so they showed up in droves in Phila and other areas where this was intended to suppress.

So in Florida and Arizona...you seriously need to reform the voting process.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here