Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another call from the president.

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 0:59

This is getting to be a habit. Husband answered the phone two weeks ago to a woman saying 'stay on for the president'. Tonight at our little celebratory party, our local leader told us to check our emails.The president is calling us tomorrow evening at 8:30. Now I know this is just a conference call with him live and us not able to talk to him, but it's still exciting, and is an example of how he connects and inspires his workers. He's not running for office again , but he still takes the time.

Maybe Mitt Romney does too, but I doubt it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another call from the president.

Give a shout out from me! ;)

o

To me, this President is the only one in recent history that I think CAN actually connect with a larger majority of the citizenry... on many different levels.

o

I'm jealous - I haven't gotten any calls, just emails! Rats!

Do you guys think that all the muslim, kenya, birther nonsense will come to an end now since there is no longer any reason to try to smear Obama since he can no longer run for reelection?

o

What fun!

Don't forget to say "hi" from us.

o

Way cool about the call. I truly believe this man cares a great deal about people and is humbled by their support and hard work on his behalf.

JZ , it will never go away nor will the university transcripts nonsense. It is almost beyond comprehension the deep loathing and distrust some have for the President simply because he is "different". That type of prejudice and bigotry is so ingrained in the psyche that it simply can't "go away".

o

And give him a 'thumbs up!' from the rest of the planet too.

o

A congratulations from his Forum Friends.

We'd love to have him join us now and then.

o

Well, he called and it was exciting. The Chicago liaison called the WH and the operator answered and said ...is this just you and me connected? He said yes , and thousands of our supporters. Then she connected the President. The President was very grateful for us, he said. He said this was the greatest ground game ever in this country's history. He said he would be sending out a detailed questionnaire in a few days for us to fill out, and then he said he wants to get out of Washington more often and visit some of the volunteers on his trips. He called us "you guys" the whole 15 minutes, and told us he loved us and was so appreciative.

Before he came on the phone, the guy who initiated this told the number of registered voters, door to doors and phone calls and it was staggering. Now if we can just do this in PA in two years.

o

Even though there were "thousands" of you on the phone I believe he was sincere in his words. Especially after seeing his talk to his campaign office in Chicago.

The cynics and detractors will have a different perspective but I truly believe he is a man who cares about the regular folk, the middle class. History will treat him well even if the present doesn't

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here