Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Susan Rice Isn't very bright?

Posted by heri_cles 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 1:50

That what McCain has said.
Yet a search on Susan Rice reveals that she has more than respectable academic credentials:
"Rice attended Stanford University, where she received a Truman Scholarship, and graduated with a B.A. in history in 1986. She was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
Awarded a Rhodes Scholarship, Rice attended New College, Oxford, where she earned a M.Phil. in 1988 and D.Phil. in 1990. The Chatham House-British International Studies Association honored her dissertation titled "Commonwealth Initiative in Zimbabwe, 1979-1980: Implication for International Peacekeeping" as the UK's most distinguished in international relations."

Further, after listening to Ms. Rice over the air on several occasions it is clear that her intellect and demeanor are exactly what our country needs from leaders in high positions. She is always measured and diplomatic with her words and extremely professional with her demeanor. McCain stating that she is not very bright is a provocation aimed at women and African Americans.
What in the he11 is he talking about?

Here is a link that might be useful: McCain ranked 894/899

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Susan Rice Isn't very bright?

This said by the guy who picked dimwitted Sarah Palin as his running mate.

o

Yeah... in order to denigrate someone else, it helps to have a fairly decent track record to stand on, oneself. Choosing Palin kind of tarnishes that record, in my opinion.

o

When this all comes out it is going to be a Republican supporters other shoe dropping on their head. Just like losing the Presidential election. This is going to put them into another depression.

It is pretty obvious as was stated yesterday she is an easy target to get to the President. She and McCain had the same info that she repeated on that Sunday. This is a CIA, Security issue and they all know that fact. There is more problems with Petraeus security.

It is a slight of hand going on "look over there do not look here". Even though Petaeus is gone they continue to want to protect him and the Republican brand of the "best at security". They have lost the upper hand in that department, The President took out Bin Laden and more terrorist than Bush did in 8 years and with his drone use he is pretty ruthless with that policy.

It is all and all a game. I am betting on the President. There are going to be some embarrassed love to talk about Bengazi people. When Isaa did not say another word and Romney dropped the issue I knew then they knew this has nothing to do with the President.

o

She's certainly a lot brighter than Paula Broadwell!

I think it's hilarious that the GOP is opposing her, considering the "not very bright" women they seem to put forward. Maybe they'd like that Bachmann woman to be Secretary of State.

o

Isn't John McCain the one who announced that he really didn't know that much about the economy on Meet the Press (1/27/08)? And other of his quotes:

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated." (November 2005)

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should," but "I've got Greenspan's book." (December 2007)

Video files are a real pain (or is that Palin), aren't they?

o

McCain is losing it. Repeated more of the same on the Today Show today. He has really aged since the last election. He is 76 years old. Maybe it is time for him to retire.

o

It's the Current go to republican party line in lets pick a fight!
Thanks for your service McCain now pack it in your behaving like a stupid ass!

o

Here's the exchange with Rice and Bob Schieffer re the Benghazi attack:

BOB SCHIEFFER: And joining us now, Susan Rice, the U.N. ambassador - our U.N. ambassador. Madam Ambassador, The [the Libyan president of the National Assembly] says that this is something that has been in the planning stages for months. I understand you had been saying that you think it was spontaneous? Are we not on the same page here?

SUSAN RICE: Well, Bob, let me tell you what we understand to be the assessment at present. First of all, very importantly, as you discussed with the president, there is an investigation that the United States government will launch, led by the FBI that has begun.

SCHIEFFER: But they are not there yet.

RICE: They are not on the ground yet but they have already begun looking at all sorts of evidence of various sorts already available to them and to us. And they will get on the ground and continue the investigation.

So we'll want to see the results of that investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what - it began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo, where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy sparked by this hateful video.

But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

SCHIEFFER: But you do not agree with him that this was something that had been plotted out several months ago?

RICE: We do not - we do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.

SCHIEFFER: Do you agree or disagree with him that al-Qaeda had some part in this?

RICE: Well, we'll have to find out that out. I mean, I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al-Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al-Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we'll have to determine.

This is what McCain is attacking. Who looks a fool?

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

McCain? Just an uniformed guess.

o

Every one of her statements was qualified:

what we understand to be the assessment at present

we'll want to see the results of that investigation to draw any definitive conclusions

based on the best information we have to date

is one of the things we'll have to determine

we'll have to find out that out

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 11:23

Here's an interesting article, reminding us of the "lying" that the GOP excused, on the part of Condi Rice.

McCain was so quick to excuse Condi Rice for making remarks of much greater import, it seems rather unsporting to quickly rush to judgment and mischaracterization in the case of Susan Rice

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 11:41

Swing! .... and a miss.

What I really want to see is Rice's intellectual firepower going up against McCain & Graham in some kind of confirmation hearing. THAT would be a lot of fun!

o

Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, Susan Rice, Michelle Obama.

Write off women, write off Latinos, write off blacks, write off gays. There's a bright future out there and if old, white guys don't want to join the bus, well that's their choice.

-Ron-

o

I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, her policies, her beliefs, or the way she comports herself. She would have been a disastrous VP, or god forbid, President. But I do not think she is dumb.

o

McCain Misses Classified Briefing While Blasting White House

He is very concerned. When you dig a ditch for someone you eventually trip and fall in the ditch you dig.

Here is a link that might be useful: Briefing

o

So McCain really wants to get to the bottom of this, but skips a meeting on Benghazi yesterday.

According to Slate

"Josh Rogin reports that John McCain and Rand Paul, both of them very public critics of the administration over Benghazi, skipped yesterday's private hearing on the debacle. And McCain spent basically the entirety of Wednesday criticizing the administration -- TV in the morning, a press conference in the late morning, a Senate colloquy after President Obama attacked him.
"Senator McCain was absent from the hearing due to a scheduling error," says McCain spokesman Brian Rogers.
Why does this matter? The current round of Benghazi hearings are closed, and senators are not allowed to talk about what occurred inside them. "You'll have to read the New York Times to find out," joked Marco Rubio this week. McCain wants public, select committee hearings, which have been accurately described as "Watergate-style" -- public, on TV, key players dragged in front of a national audience. And neither the Speaker of the House nor the Senate Majority Leader want to take this step."

o

Posted by kitchenwitch (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 12:36

I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, her policies, her beliefs, or the way she comports herself. She would have been a disastrous VP, or god forbid, President. But I do not think she is dumb.

I'm not sure about that. Just the fact that she thought she was qualified to be the VP makes me wonder about her intelligences. Her ego was definitely big.

o

Great line from Dangerous Liaisons.
"Like most intellectuals, he's intensely stupid."
There's cunning intelligence, cleverness but I would say that made someone smart!
You have Directors of Corporations who drive them into the ground I always think of the old Business machine Giant SCM for that ( that was an entire culture of moronic business decisions by people with multiple degrees).

As far as bright lights mega wattage goes it often boils down to opinions in the end!

o

Based upon a review of her education, she is probably very intelligent. I thought liberals disliked "trust fund babies", though.

o

"I thought"
ah that might be the root of the headache right there!

o

How many colleges and universities did Palin attend to achieve her degree in communications?

o

Sarah Palin's Extensive College Career

Here is a link that might be useful: Sarah Palin

o

I thought liberals disliked "trust fund babies", though.

It's your fellow conservatives who make the jibes about 'limousine' liberals.

o

Limousine Conservatives just doesn't do it.

How about Elevator Cadillacs (plural) Conservatives?

o

I love a good trust fund baby! Personally I've only known 2 a mother & son & they were both more to the left than I could ever be!
She had a great Fauve & American impressionist collection he was a disco baby & gay activist!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here