Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good news for those suffering post election blues!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 4:33

Retailers are competing to see who can open the earliest on Thanksgiving. This should give you even more time to shop for my gift before everything is picked over. I'm sure that I will be receiving many fine manties but other articles of clothing would be welcomed, particularly if they are made out of fleece. And let's face it, Thanksgiving is an overrated event to begin with...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good news for those suffering post election blues!

Heck yeah. I'm going to spend three days cooking, then I'm going to leave everyone sitting at the Thanksgiving table and rush to the mall....can't wait lol. It would be nice if no one showed up on Thanksgiving day. Employees should be able to spend Thanksgiving with their families. Close the dang stores.

o

Get past your sentimentality over those nasty Puritans and increase your consuming. BTW, I wear a 38...

o

I'm usually pooped by the time my Thanksgiving guests leave, can't imagine battling crowds at the mall.

o
RE: ews for those suffering post election blues!

My tree is already up awaiting your gifts...

o

38? I'll give you one month of free personal training!

o

Yes, but it is a very attractive 38...

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 7:42

I will be working Thanksgiving Day, the day before and the day after .... this is actually the first time I had a job (never been in emergency/safety services) that I did not get at least Thanksgiving day off. Shrug

Probably will cook the weekend after, or not.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 9:58

I will be in no hurry to buy people gifts for Jesus's birthday.

o

No post election blues for me, I'm just glad it's over.

I'm going to a friend's house for Thanksgiving this year, but having another group of people over on Saturday for a seafood gumbo dinner. That's way easier than setting the table for Thanksgiving and cooking all those dishes, which I usually do. Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday.

I purchase less and less for Christmas every year so too bad for the economy.

o

My two favorite holidays, Thanksgiving to give thanks and Christmas because the reason for the day.

They will both celebrated separate, They will not see me Thanksgiving. I will be giving thanks.

o

I really have a problem with the stores being open on Thanksgiving. I think this is a family day with very low consumerism involved except in the purchase of food. Not a gift day, not a big card day, not a big decoration day like Halloween and Xmas, and now they want to interrupt the one non commercial holiday when families eat and play games and talk.

I might sound like a dinosaur but in my young days, stores were closed on Sundays and closed every day at 5 except Friday night. Even later, I remember when New Jersey stores were closed on Sunday, and we were bummed because the boardwalk shops were closed that day. BUT Thanksgiving? Not gonna happen in this house.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 12:28

This will be the first time ever that I will not be cooking and celebrating Thanksgiving with my family, kind of bummed out by it but I remember how many holidays my dad worked holidays, he was a policeman. The "goats" don't take holidays off :)

o

Thanksgiving is already over for us. Our next holiday will be Christmas.

A couple of bucks cash for each kid, no hectic shopping for me. YAY!

o

Not me I intend to spoil my kids and help the economy in the doing!

I love Christmas, every single bit of it from the reason we celebrate our faith and culture to the lights and decorations , the music, the family gathering and the giving to family, friends and charity.

I love every bit of it!

o

This video may cheer you up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Turkey for you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here