Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cyber Monday! Let!s do more shopping! Or are you

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 4:40

shopped out? Maybe you did some on Thankless Thursday, Black Friday, Small Retail Saturday and even on Sunday ( no day of rest for committed shoppers)...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cyber Monday! Let!s do more shopping! Or are you

My DD is in New York and has just purchased my christmas present there !! (I will , of course let you know what it is) She is showing no sign of being shopped out sigh.

o

Could be some immitation watch that she bought off of a street vendor...

o
RE: Cyber Monday! Let!s do 5more shopping! Or are you

I am sure it will be a genuine rolex . New Yorkers wouldt take advantage of a poor colonial tourist surely.

o

Of course not, but she might have been better off getting you a real cashmere sweater that they also sell on the street...

o

I wouldn't mar Thanksgiving week by engaging in any kind of shopping. I hate shopping!

Kate

o

the real meaning of black Friday was lost years ago

o

In spite of those spoilers who like to moan and groan, Cyber Monday will set a new record, boosting a poor economy so Washington can brag about it next week. :)

o

Do you have something in mind for Black Friday beyond 1869 when a few financiers/stock manipulators tried to corner the gold market?

o

To celebrate Cyber Monday I bought a Norelco nose & ear hair trimmer whooo hooo!

o

I have not bought any thing and am turned off by the celebration of consumerism. How many of these threads do we need?

No need to go on and on about supporting our consumer economy in support of part-timers earning near minimum wages and of the 1% who exploit them.

o

I have had the best time shopping this morning. I love to give gifts, and more, I love to give gifts that I know someone will either use or really enjoy. There are some truly great deals online today, and I did most of my Christmas shopping.

o

Amazon has a scrolling deals thing, some pretty good bargains, and - surprise surprise - up pops stuff in their scroll I've looked at on the site over the past year, not necessarily on sale.

o

Amazon hired 50,000 part time workers just to keep up with the picking and shipping.

We built that! :)

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 12:53

It's too early to be Christmas shopping.

o

All I need are a few baking supplies. No rush; no fighting someone over a 5 lb. (or whatever they've pared it down to now) bag of flour!

o

Wait until King Arthur Flour company throws a free shipping sale.....

o

If you (generic) can't rip the keyboard (which IS mightier than the pen these days) out of your hands to do a grocery run, I'll keep my bloviated rhetoric to myself.

o

David, that would be great. I've used a lot of flour trying to make that perfect loaf of Rye Bread w/seeds. Mine never matches the taste of the commercial loaves @ $2.99.
I'll never give up trying.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 18:20

Steve this is a great site for bread bakers ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Fresh from the Oven

o

I'll never give up trying.

Steve, if you haven't tried King Arthur's stuff, let me introduce ya.....

Every now and again, they have a free shipping promotion. But you can get on their email list, and they often have 10-20% off sales.

OM, I spend hours reading on that forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to rye bread stuff

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 20:45

Wonderful to see that Nancy and I are not the only ones "breaking bread" together :)

o

Thanks for the link OM looks like a great site.

Every once in a long while I order from KA's . Their products are excellent but the shipping charges to Canada are killer!

o

When I used to eat wheat, I loved Wheat Montana's wheat. I cried the day I saw Wal-Mart carrying the whole grain for milling at a wonderful price. Although I second the recommendation of King Arthur products. Their cookbooks are generally great as well.

o

KA has the best pumpkin pie recipe!

This year I have discovered catalog shopping. My mother receives at least three a day in the mail. They all have online shopping too. It's wonderful! We have ordered everything from vitamins to "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo to the hot potato game to a shower chair - and usu. free shipping! I don't feel too bad about it, I'm happy knowing that the USPS is getting lots more work. I've gotten to know the mailman. Real nice guy. Gonna have to order something for him for Christmas this year. Anyone have any suggestions?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here