Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outrage! Congress leaves today for Thanksgiving!

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 5:03

They might as well just stay home now for Christmas for what they will accomplish. Surely you find their lack of interest in doing the people's work as despicable as I do...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outrage! Congress leaves today for Thanksgiving!

Everyone deserves a little time off for a holiday like Thanksgiving, so why deny anyone this holiday time?

o

Do they have to leave this far in advance? And don't we pay them enough to hang around a little longer even if they accomplish nothing? Methinks so...

o

well someone has to cook the turkey, Turkey !

o

Yes, the caterer...

o

Follow their example. Take time off from work and enjoy the family events.

o

We're tired of outrage.

o

They can go home on Tuesday I'm being generous more generous than most US workers!
I"M OUTRAGED MOM!
I'm laughing my head off & outraged we haven't investigated Bush Cheney yet this fare into Obama's second term!
Their lies cost hundreds of thousands of lives!

o

Well, today is my last day of work before Thanskgiving too! So much cooking and baking to be done!

But, I do understand your point. They seem to always leave town when there is a big crisis on the horizon. Or maybe there is just always a big crisis on the horizon.

o

That does seem a bit early.

o

Want to beat the weekend travel and avoid crowded airplanes. More time for photo ops with disabled, the maimed, the poor, and turkeys other than their colleagues in Congress and lobbying offices.

o

One of the morning papers ran a big ad criticizing stores that are open on Thanksgiving Day, making their employees work and encouraging people to shop for those bargains rather than spend time with family. Yet of course the newspaper is also running ads for "doorbusters". Me, I don't shop on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

o

Much better to be buying crap on Thanksgiving rather than gaining weight! One consumption over another.

In the words of Beldar "Consume mass quantities"

o

Tobr, I agree, it is, indeed, outrageous. Of course they won't get anything done, with Xmas looming. And then, the Lame Duck session. As others have said, these turkeys take the prize, in terms of non-work ethic. If I could, I'd give most of them a vote of no confidence. Where is our government when we need it?

o

Seems to me with the few hours they work they should be classed part time and their health care benefits taken away.....

o

And why are the majority of them returned year, after year, after year? Because we approve of them by our vote!

o

I guess that none of you realize that with Blackberries, iPhones, remote access and email, one does't ever get the privilege of "leaving work" these days, at least not in certain careers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here