Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PETA protests the use of cockroaches in scientific

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 5:15

research! It seems that cockroaches have similar neurological pathways as humans and scientists are looking for ways to cope with our neurological diseases such as MS. The scientists say that they chill the cockroaches before any experimenting and that the roaches probably do not feel anything. Surely you must agree with me in thinking that PETA has reached the point of absurdity in this case...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PETA protests the use of cockroaches in scientific

PETA has mostly been absurd since forever.

However, someone on TV was positing that cockroaches have a higher approval rating than Congress. So, maybe we should send the cockroaches to Washington and use Congressfolks for experiments. You could make a case. :-)

o

And cockroaches work for food, congress works for bribes.

o

It does seem pretty absurd.

o

Posted by brushworks Zone5-Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 7:24

And cockroaches work for food, congress works for bribes.

And the difference between the two would be?

o

I always have a bit of a problem with how we decide which animals are deserving of our love and which are not.

Mother Nature doesn't seem very consistent with this.

I eat meat, but I'm careful to help the bees out of my house. I put out traps for the fruit flies, but I'm fond of the spiders that populate my house.

"They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly."

Hay

o

I figure it like this. I don't live on the plants or in woodpiles and dark and dank spaces. So bugs don't get to live in my house. I'd like to keep it that way...stomp.

o

PETA? Oh, you must mean "People Eating Tasty Animals".

Yeah... they're a little over the edge of what I'd consider normal concern. Not a group I would sign up to be a member of.

o

This is a protest against "Robo-roaches", a kit designed for school kids, I think, in NZ.

o

I normally cheer for PETA. (Even though I am very much a carnivore.)

But, here, they look a little too ACLUish.

o

Hi, My name is Gregor Samsa. and I'm from Prague. It's one thing to die in your own bed, it's quite another to be experimented on. Even little children are told not to torture ants.

o

Who DIDN'T have a magnifying glass held over a sidewalk when they were a kid?! At least once, anyway, to see if it really worked.

o

I don't know how anyone could support PETA? They are a sick outfit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here