Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just when you thought it was safe....

Posted by inkognito (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 9:14

Warnings about drone technology have had no effect on the progression of their use. Under development is the harmless sounding Qube a drone that will fit in the trunk of a car, it's use is intended for law enforcement but there is also a possibility that farmers could use it for remotely spraying crops. Also of course the imagination runs to several more uses,in the attached link the author writes

"By definition, small drones are easy to conceal and fly without getting a lot of attention," said John Villasenor, a UCLA professor and senior fellow at the Brookings Institution's Center for Technology Innovation. "Bad guys know this."

The aerospace industry insists these concerns can be addressed. It also believes that the good guys , the nation's law enforcement agencies , are probably the biggest commercial market for domestic drones, at least initially."

a statement that confuses exactly who the "bad guys" are in my opinion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just when you thought it was safe....

Reminds me of an episode of "Star Trek" (I think it was the 'Next Generation' series) where "defensive" drones had gotten out of control and wiped out the civilization of the species that had made them.

o

Now there's something to look forward to!

o

I'm thinking of getting my son out of his legitimate business and into drug importing. One of these machines...a few kilograms at a time...hmmm.

o

Anyone remember the basic plot of the Terminator movies?

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 23:20

Nope, we've all been terminated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here