Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has Miley cleaned up her act?

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 9:43

Following twerkgate, and last week's lighting up a doobie on the stage of the European Music Award show, has Miley now settled back into her Hanna Montana personna?

snip "Miley has left us speechless this time! The controversial songstress was accompanied by three male guitar players for her simple yet powerful performance, which was definitely one of her more low-key appearances.

Despite the fact that Miley has probably sung this song hundreds of times, she still delivers flawlessly. She totally earned the International Pop award she picked up at the Bambi Awards, which recognizes artists with ”vision and creativity.”

Anyone who has been distracted from Miley’s true talent by her wild antics should check out this video and prepare to become a Smiler!

Here is a link that might be useful: fabulous video at the link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has Miley cleaned up her act?

She did a beautiful version at the EMAs as well.

I don't think she is changed. I think she is her own unique talent and will take it where she wants to take it and there is no question that she is talented.

o

She's an artist, and art is subjective.

Who determines what's clean and acceptable for an artist... aside from the FCC?

I agree that she's talented, not afraid to "go there", and her own unique person... I just hope she realizes that to her "handlers", she's just a commodity for profit.

o

I agree, Jodi but my feeling is she is now her own handler. I don't see her as a manipulated child star but instead a master of her own universe and feminist not victim. More like a modern day Grace Jones.

I just hope she doesn't get an STD from that onesie she wears.

Let's teach our girls not to idolize any Disney "princess".

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 10:32

Cleaned up? Not until she's on stage eating apple pie and a hot dog.....and the hot dog has to be on a bun with mustard and onions.

o

Some people are bothered by nudity, partial nudity, or risque' behavior or language... made quite uncomfortable by it, in fact.

But this isn't new... bawdy houses and burlesque and the like have been a part of society for eons... heartily protested by those staid church ladies in their neck to boot sole fashions, spouting bible verses or bemoaning the wicked ways of such heathen things. Meanwhile, their husbands kept the bawdy houses in business.

Again... art is subjective. And no one forces anyone to gawk or even peek. Beauty is solely in the eye of the beholder.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 12:07

I doubt it, based on a recent interview.

I'm sure we'll be following her frequent trips in and out of rehab for the rest of her life (or ours), until everyone loses interest in her.

o

Much better, but it won't last. Well, she has a 50/50 chance. We have Lohan who is still failing miserably and Britney who is trying. She could go either way.

I might call what those Disney chicks do a form of expression, but it's personal expression, not art. Maybe Freedom of Speech, but art? Not on your life. Ick. Sure, they can express themselves, but "bawdy" is way tamer than what they're doing. Nauseating, but not because I find it lewd. Or art of any sort. Just because they're "artists" (boy am I using that term loosely!), doesn't make their every action artistic. Just call it exhibitionism. If everyday people did what they're do/have done, people wouldn't give them a free pass.

o

This is where subjectivity and opinion come in...

I don't find things like that offensive... if that's what she wants to do, and people are buying it, then more power to her. She obviously has an audience, otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about her.

She's not my cup of tea, but I wouldn't protest if she came to my town to perform.

o

The girl can sing. Just close your eyes and listen.

She doesn't need to display her body, her talents are enough. However, she's probably giving in to her manager who profits every time she rings the cash register.

o

I dunno. If followed up with the Hanna Montana routine, wore non-skanky blue jeans, a normal t-shirt, cowboy boots and wore a pony tail, picked up an acoustic guitar and sang 'wrecking ball' , every Disney Mom out there would rush and buy the album for their 13 year old daughters and the Disney Dads would take the kids to her concerts.

I was discussing this with my own DD15 yesterday, and she says Miley just lost the respect of every kid in her school and is pretty much the subject of all the jokes. That don't sell CD's or concert tickets.

o

The music business wants to turn every attractive, talented female singer into a dyed blonde, long-haired slut. They ruined Shakira asa they got their hands on her. She used to have beautiful, healthy black hair, and sing songs that were truly unique.

It is evident that there are also drug dealers skulking around the edges of the entertainment industry just waiting to get their hooks into new talent. Why the business puts up with it is beyond me.

o

"It is evident that there are also drug dealers skulking around the edges of the entertainment industry just waiting to get their hooks into new talent. Why the business puts up with it is beyond me."

Nobody's really paying attention. Then they die, and we are robbed: Ray Charles, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday, Michael Jackson, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Judy Garland, John Belushi, etc.

But hey, they were artists expressing themselves.

o

That list is much longer, and some are still alive, still nursing habits... and some have cleaned up.

It all depends on the substance, though... I don't consider pot or some other natural plant or fungi items to be "drugs" in the same way as one would label cocaine or heroin or meth or any of the lab created designer drugs.

And then again, alcohol is perfectly legal, and look how that affects those who abuse it. Bonded alcohols should be labeled alongside some of those other nasty drugs, in my opinion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here