o
RE: One More Time

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 11:29

The Keystone Cops................

Tragically, a child died.

o

OJ got away with it, or did he. Look how his life has turned out. I doubt Casey will fare much better. He had to face killing his wife. Can you imagine waking up every day and knowing you killed your own child?

o

She may feel nothing other than inconvenienced by the process surrounding the events.
"ccording to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, yet we continue to "persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior," says Jill Korbin, expert on child abuse, who has studied mothers who killed their children.

Then there are the ones who haven't been killed are casually or ritually abused by (parents) adults who have power/supervision over them.

Just a hunch that the only tear this unfortunate humanoid would shed would be for herself! Some people are born without limbs some people are born without remorse/pity/the mirror neurons needed for empathy.

o

I agree with Joe. I don't know of course, but I suspect she's not feeling too bad. Probably happy she got away with it. If you're able to do that, you probably don't think and feel the way the rest of us do.

In my opinion, if OJ wakes up upset, it's more about the lost money and endorsements and job opportunities than what he did. I think he's convinced himself he didn't do it.

o

I think he's convinced himself he didn't do it.

Jill, actually I think he knows he did it -- but he doesn't care. That would fit the narcissistic/sociopath profile a bit better. As Labrea says, there's no guilt involved, so no reason to convince oneself of innocence.

It brings up shades of Susan Smith (remember her?). Ugh.

o

On a smaller but no less dispassionate level the world looks the other way while children toil long hours for cheap goods!
Your holiday chocolates may have been purchased at the price of child slavery but I digress!
It's a strong hunch that this woman is as so many have suggested narcissistic to the degree that would permit her to kill. (judging from the suffocation search possibly with premeditation)
I know that's circumstantial evidence but there was a lot of circumstantial evidence!

Here is a link that might be useful: old article

o

I do not know how the comparison of OJ and Casey can be used in any comparison.......other than they were both found innocent by a Jury of their peers.

It is amazing after months and months there is Shoulda Woulda Coulda. Why bother having a trial if we are going to relitigate the justice system. It is just dreams of what could have been to accomplish outcomes that was wished for during the legitimate process?

o

When we heard of Susan Smith, it was fairly unheard of to kill your babies.

What about our neighbor David Camm? Ex Statie in Indiana who is about to be tried for the 3rd time. So far 24 people have found him guilty of killing his wife and kids.

Anyone who has been married for more than an hour can see why you might kill your spouse but your kids? That is just a pure kind of evil.

o

It's funny how so many residing outside of Los Angeles are so sure that OJ Simpson is guilty of personally murdering Nicole Brown Simpson. All those subsequent revelations of the LAPD planting evidence on suspects, but no one wants to connect the dots between other scandals and Vanatter's non-procedural handling of the blood sample.

o

"the only tear this unfortunate humanoid would shed would be for herself!
Some people are born without limbs some people are born without remorse/pity/the mirror neurons needed for empathy."

& they almost always look/act/seem so nice.

which makes me think it isn't simply a lack of a neuron;
if it were that simple, would they know to project that "nice" image & keep their atrocities secret?

o

I would concur with Joe... and Nancy. There are myriad reasons alleged criminals are prosecuted... or absolved, for lack of a better word. We are mere outsiders looking in.

In the Florida case, given all that was reported, it's my opinion that there were forensic mistakes made.

Oddly enough, I did not follow the OJ case closely, at all.

o

Jill, actually I think he knows he did it -- but he doesn't care. That would fit the narcissistic/sociopath profile a bit better. As Labrea says, there's no guilt involved, so no reason to convince oneself of innocence.

It brings up shades of Susan Smith (remember her?). Ugh.

Maybe you're right, CP. I'm not sure.

I'd forgotten about Susan Smith. Ugh is right. So awful. It's hard to believe there are people like that in the world. It's just too upsetting to think about, really.

o

There really are people without conscience. While I was working in the local D.A.'s office, we had a case in point: a woman murdered her two toddler boys with a hammer and tried to lie her way out of it. She was unable to pull it off, and at the time (1987), became the first female back-to-back lifer in the Wisconsin State Prison System. The judge commented at sentencing: "I believe you are sorry; you are very, very sorry you got caught."

She had expressed irritation that the boys took up too much of her husband's attention, and had dressed them in husband's favorite little fireman suits for the event. A very scary woman, because if something was in her way, she simply removed it. this was a cold calculated act.

I believe O.J.'s case was a crime of passion.

o

we can re litigate it's how innocent people convicted by their peers get out of jail!
The door swings both ways!
and as I have posted here before numerous times "Truth is the daughter of time"

o

Casey Anthony is lucky I wasn't on the jury. She is a dangerous sociopath from one of the most dysfunctional families I ever saw.

o

Still you can only convict on evidence!

o

"Still you can only convict on evidence!"

Ditto.

o

Lily, I think she's luckier that some of us weren't on the forensics team...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here