Bill Clinton Scolds Obama

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 11:01

�The President Should Honor the Commitment� He Made

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bill Clinton Scolds Obama

Yeah he should! How would you tell the Insurance companies what to do? Would you then promise not to call him (The Gubmint) a dictator?

o

Doesn't sound like much of a "scold" or admonishment to me. This is the only quote from Clinton.

"I personally believe, even if it takes a change to the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got,” Clinton said.

Where is the scold ? He is simply stating what he thinks should happen. As a matter of fact the President himself has said the same thing and is looking at ways to make it happen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Presdient looks for solutions

o

I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale chase. Why do you think he wants to make that happen when he knew all along that people were going to be losing their healthcare? Is it because according to Pew, his approval rating is now 39%? He can't do it, or Obamacare completely implodes. He was betting on these people to lose their insurance so they would have to buy into the exchanges. Did you really think that people who didn't purchase insurance before, like the young and healthy were going to rush to buy Obamacare? In what world? The only people who are rushing are those that are signing up for Medicaid or the ones that will receive subsidies. And who do you think is going to pay for the subsidies if these people don't sign up?

Scold came from the media...not me.

o

"Scold came from the media...not me."

Yes I know that . You often use media sources without vetting them so I'm used to it.

o

Well, take your pick since you want to get personal.

Here is a link that might be useful: scold scold scold

o

mrsk, as has been pointed out to you many times, when you lift words from another source, you should indicate it to the reader. If you had put quotation marks around "scold" (the most common way of indicating that is your source's word choice and not necessarily yours), no one would have been misled by your comment and you would not have needed later to add an explanation.

Or another simple way to indicate that is not your word choice is to say--According to the media, Bill Clinton scolded . . . .

But maybe you actually agree with your source--which is why you felt free to plagiarize their words.

Kae

o

take your pick

When I click on the Google link I see Fox and right-wing blogs -- the usual right-wing noise machine.

o

Kae, I truly don't need your two cents. All you had to do is click on the link, or even better, SOB . Don't you have anything better to do with your time...like clean the wax out of your ears or something more productive?

Well nancy, you can always watch the video of the interview and decide for yourself. Now let's continue a nice long thread about the word scold, rather than the fact that Clinton scolded Obama. Or do you think he was giving him a high five?

o

Duh.

Hilary's chances for 2016 look more dismal each day the obamacare train wreck is in the news

No wonder he is calling Obama out piblicly to stop the political bleeding from his heinous and unconscionable lies!

o

Clinton preceded his comments by telling the story of a man he met last week, who he said doesn't qualify for subsidies because he makes more than 400% above the federal poverty level. He has a wife and two children, and Clinton said his policy was canceled and replaced by one that doubled his premium.

Another casualty of ACA.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 12:51

A little more of the interview ... :)

Former President Bill Clinton said Obamacare should be changed to ensure Americans can keep their existing coverage but also defended the poor rollout of HealthCare.gov in an interview posted Tuesday.

“I personally believe, even if it takes a change to the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got,” Clinton said in an interview with Ozymandias.

(snip)

Clinton, a longtime supporter of the law, defended the legislation and the problems with HealthCare.gov. He said they are “exactly the same” as those former President George W. Bush faced with the Medicare Part D drug rollout.

“This happened once before. This happened when President Bush put in the Medicare drug program for seniors,” Clinton said, adding that the problem was repaired.
Clinton also said the law has been impaired by the Republican governors who refuse to implement it.

Here is a link that might be useful: source of course

o

Mrsk, When I suggested the president keep his word, and the people keep their plans, the lefties here claimed it was not a solution!!! They didn't like my answer. Which told me they're probably not typical lefties. They sound like they're way out on the fringe. Especially in light of what other Democrats are now calling for, including Bill Clinton.

Thanks for sharing Clinton's take on what makes sense to him. He says, "So I personally believe, even if it takes a change to the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got.”

Works for me, works for Bill Clinton, and it sure would help the victims who can't afford new insurance. If the lefties here want to help the uninsured, they're going to have to change their tune, and start worrying about all the uninsured obamacare has created.

o

If Obama's pledge was understood as ensuring that every plan that was in existence in 2010 would remain in existence, then it would imply a complete federal takeover of the insurance industry. This would require the government to tell insurers that they must continue to offer plans even if they are losing money on them and even if the plans had lost most of their customers. This would at the least be a strange policy. It would be surprising if many people thought this was the meaning of President Obama's pledge.

Hmm.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

o

I forget where I read about the number of insurance companies that just went out of business when the ACA passed - it was in the dozens. They were blatantly bogus companies, selling garbage polices, and just decided to fold up shop and quit the scam they were running.

o

'I got mine subsidized by others" too bad that people that were paying
Their own way now are unable to thanks to the ones they have up pay for.

o

But nik, you have to understand. If he kept his word and you wouldn't lose the policy that you had, then he would have to break the next promise, which was that Obamacare wouldn't add a dime to the deficit. It is very important that these people lose their policies. These are the people who have been paying for insurance for years, who won't do without it, and will be forced on to the exchanges. If they are allowed to keep their policies, then what you have on the exchanges are Medicaid applicants, the very ill, and those that will receive subsidies. It's already being seen that the young and healthy and even many of those that lost their policies will not sign up for higher premiums and higher deductibles. So where does that leave us? Insurance companies cannot carry the burden of only the very ill, so that will mean a spike in premiums. Someone has to pay for the subsidies and all of the new Medicaid recipients, so exactly how do you think they will do that? He doesn't want to break another promise. So, no, he may be making noise, but he is not going to let people keep their policies, he is going to try his very best to force them on to the exchanges.

o

Hilary's chances for 2016 look more dismal each day the obamacare train wreck is in the news

What are you talking about, demi?

Clinton leads Cruz by 17 points, 50-33, by far the worst outcome of the four matchups tested. As usual, Chris Christie comes closest to Clinton, trailing by only five (44-39), followed by Jeb Bush nine points down (48-39) and Rand Paul 12 (49-37).

Just taking pot shots, I guess--rather than engaging in meaningful dialogue.

And mrsk, I will never understand why you would want to ignore the "rules" about honesty and integrity by carefully indicating what material is your own and what is someone else's. I would think honesty and intergrity were important to you. Or did you not know that using other people's words without attribution is considered dishonest and revealing a lack of integrity? You are so casual about ignoring the accepted rules about avoiding plagiarism.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Cruz down 17 to Hillary but still leading with conservatives

o

Anthem isn't a bogus company.

I sincerely believe that Obama made a deal with insurers. If they're allowed to cancel policies and raise premiums, he will enforce coverages.

o

Sure Kate, I was committing plagiarism...and btw, here is a link to prove it! Get a life!

o

Like I said, strange that you take such a frivolous view of what others consider matters of honesty and integrity.

Kate

o

Clinton scolds a lot of things:

"Bill Clinton scolds states -

“Not cooperating means the states’ taxpayers will pay for this and the money will go to someone else, somewhere else.”

"One of the law’s worst problems, he said, is an unintended consequence of the Supreme Court’s ruling upholding the health law but making the expansion of Medicaid optional for states. As a result, the poorest Americans who live in states that have not expanded Medicaid will not be eligible for any health care assistance. Meanwhile, people in those same states who make higher incomes will get federal tax subsidies to help pay for health insurance.

In about half of the states, governors and lawmakers have chosen not to expand Medicaid to low-income adults with incomes up to 138 percent of the federal poverty level.
[ note: that would be murdering 'teaparty' GOP governors and lawmakers, who don't care about health care for the poor but would rather have them be sick and die]

In those states, Clinton explained, working people with incomes below the federal poverty level ($11,490 for an individual) will not be eligible for Medicaid or federal subsidies. “So you get the worst of all worlds,” he said. “You’re working 40 hours a week, but you’re too poor to get help. Not too rich, but too poor.”.....

“This is a problem that only states can fix,” Clinton said. While not offering a specific solution, he said states are “going to have to talk about it.” Besides leaving the poorest Americans without health coverage, he said, states’ decisions not to expand Medicaid will hurt the hospitals within their borders that end up caring for the poor."
-------------------------------------------------------------
The answer to this and other problems created by the 'Insurance companies' and the murdering GOP right-wing Governors who refuse this medicaid is to get rid of the 'Insurance companies' completely.

Single payer health care for all Americans- not health insurance run by corporations

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Kate I don't mean to throw cold water on your fun, but you might want to do a little research. It is not plagiarism if I give you a link to the source. So enough already. Start a thread on plagiarism if you choose.

o

Desperate deflection measures in desperate times, mrskjun!

o

mrsk, admittedly a link to your source is better than no acknowledgement at all, but just so that you know, the rules are even stricter than that. If you paraphrase the source plus add a source (a link, in this case), that is fine, but if you actually quote words from the source, you are supposed to mark it so that everyone knows it is a quote plus add a source/link.

For some reason that I don't know, this forum has adopted the practice often of putting quotes in italics, so I usually follow the practice used here. Since this is not an academic publication, a much more lax interpretation of the source rules is commonly allowed, but citing sources and indicating quotations, in some recognizable format, is still accepted as appropriate practice.

Just hoping that you would finally understand how it all works and accept that it is important. I assure you--you do not know more about these matters than I do.

Kate

o

I assure you--you do not know more about these matters than I do.

Kate, I would never be so pretentious that I would claim expertise in any field. Because, as you may not know, there is always someone who knows a bit more. Now are you finished? Because you have got to have figured out by now that I don't give a flying leap what you think.

o

Don't you have anything better to do with your time...like clean the wax out of your ears or something more productive?

and

Because you have got to have figured out by now that I don't give a flying leap what you think.

MsK, why not be the change that you would like to see in Hot Topics.

o

Sure nancy...right behind you!

o

You miss the point, mrsk. I do claim some expertise in these matters.

And I have long been aware that you do not give diddlely-squat what I personally think. I'm still amazed that you have so little concern about your own image when it comes to honesty and integrity.

But I'll drop it now. You can post the final word, if you so desire.

Kate

o

Posted by mrskjun 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 18:40

Long wait mrskjun. ;)

o

Now I did post the second post & got no answer (not unusual) before this turned into the Usual!

o

Now are you finished? Because you have got to have figured out by now that I don't give a flying leap what you think.

But many of us do and many on this board appreciate her FACTUAL posts.

o

Joe, I don't think it's possible to put the horse back in the barn. The health care law would have to be rewritten because of it's requirements for coverage, and that surely won't happen. And since I've never called him a dictator...no prob.

o

Clinton was all over online new during the day and now tv news this evening.

Anyone could have heard his comments even if they didn't try to find it.

Of course Clinton is going to say that. The reality is that it's too late.

o

Why are we clutching to this one statement with such fervor? It lacks any sense unless your only purpose is to hate Obama.

Dean baker puts it so sense ably:

First, it is important to note that the ACA grand-fathered all the individual policies that were in place at the time the law was enacted. This means that the plans in effect at the time that President Obama was pushing the bill could still be offered even if they did not meet all the standards laid out in the ACA.

The plans being terminated because they don't meet the minimal standards were all plans that insurers introduced after the passage of the ACA. Insurers introduced these plans knowing that they would not meet the standards that would come into effect in 2014. Insurers may not have informed their clients at the time they sold these plans that they would not be available after 2014 because they had designed a plan that did not comply with the ACA.

However if the insurers didn't tell their clients that the new plans would only be available for a short period of time, the blame would seem to rest with the insurance companies, not the ACA. After all, President Obama did not promise people that he would keep insurers from developing new plans that will not comply with the provisions of the ACA.

In addition to the new plans that were created that did not comply with the terms of the ACA, there have been complaints that the grandfathering was too strict. For example, insurers can only raise their premiums or deductibles by a small amount above the rate of medical inflation. As a result, many of the plans in existence at the time of the ACA are losing their grandfathered status.

In this case also it is wrong to view the insurers as passive actors who are being forced to stop offering plans because of the ACA. The price increases charged by insurers are not events outside of the control of insurers. If an insurer offers a plan which has many committed buyers, then presumably it would be able to structure its changes in ways that are consistent with the ACA. If it decides not to do so, this is presumably because the insurer has decided that it is not interested in continuing to offer the plan.

As a practical matter, there are many plans that insurers will opt to drop for market reasons that may or may not have anything to do with the ACA. It's hard to see how this could be viewed as a violation of President Obama's pledge. After all, insurers change and drop plans all the time. Did people who heard Obama's pledge understand it to mean that insurers would no longer have this option once the ACA passed?

Comments?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

maggie, do you think our anti-Obama Care members can read and understand anything that is not bought and paid for by the Koch brothers or brought to them by Fox?

Maybe when preachers on t.v. start sending money to me.

o

"Insurance companies cannot carry the burden of only the very ill, so that will mean a spike in premiums. Someone has to pay for the subsidies and all of the new Medicaid recipients, so exactly how do you think they will do that?"

That is a problem for Democrats to worry about. They wrote the law, and they imposed it on the entire country all by themselves. The middle class did not consent to pay for obamacare with doubled and tripled premiums, nor did they consent to higher deductibles costing them thousands upon thousands of dollars.

I don't see the middle class bending over for more of what Democrats had in mind for them.

o

It lacks any sense unless your only purpose is to hate Obama.

Ding ding ding...I think we have a winner.

o

Why do you think he wants to make that happen when he knew all along that people were going to be losing their healthcare?

That is an intentionally fraudulent representation intended to deceive. And as someone who has experienced actually losing coverage for pre-existing conditions I find it arrogant and shameful.

How far will this boldface hypocrisy be taken? Republicans now have the gall to accuse the President of the United States of doing the very thing they are falling all over themselves to do - denying healthcare to millions of American citizens, including me?

This post was edited by heri_cles on Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 22:13

o

You write about how you wish the comments were more civil, yet you refuse to follow your own advice.

I'll challenge your facts, your inability to find well-sourced articles, but I've never told you anything on the level of "Don't you have anything better to do with your time...like clean the wax out of your ears or something more productive?"

You, and some others, seem to have a problem distinguishing challenges of information that you provide, or opinions that you offer, from a personal attack. So the response is a personal attack, and then come the complaints about personal attacks.

If you can't tell the difference between a challenging discussion and a personal attack, you will be upset by any response other than agreement. And yet you return -- again and again and again -- to post highly partisan articles that provoke challenges to their veracity. And the cycle repeats fino alla nausea.

o

Oh puleeze nancy. I post partisan articles? Are you saying it's only ok for liberals to post partisan articles? What an assertion! Start your own forum with the title liberal bashing conservative threads only why don't you? And you are welcome to challenge any information I post, which certainly doesn't mean that I have to agree with you. Did you even read the title of the OP? It had nothing to do with plagiarism. I didn't disparage anyone's honesty or integrity did I? But it was ok for someone to disparage mine? I guess you call that civility? I let Kate have the last word...I moved back to the subject of the OP...why couldn't you do the same? Afraid you were going to miss a chance to take a poke?

o

From the response above, I see no interest in practicing what has been called for in the past.

What Kate offered is hardly suprising, and is a standard form of writing. You chose to be offended and responded with personal attacks.

If you don't wish to adhere to an accepted standard, please don't be surprised when your comments are questioned.

o

The Lyin' King got caught in a whopper by saying we could keep our insurance if we like it..."period!" And all Bubba said was that he should honor those promises. That's all. Scolding? Those are pundits' words. Naturally you on the left would agree with Bubba, right? So is he wrong now?

But it's impossible without Congress changing the law. And right now the House and Senate can't agree on the color of pencils.

I say let the law play out as written. Let it succeed or fail on it's own. The Republicans had nothing to do with the writing of this fiasco, so they can sit back and watch what happens at the polls in 2014.

o

I say let the law play out as written. Let it succeed or fail on it's own. The Republicans had nothing to do with the writing of this fiasco, so they can sit back and watch what happens at the polls in 2014.

Amen Christopher.

Leave it to Democrats to use every rule to get this Obamacare legislation through without Republicans, refuse to alter it when they were warned that what would happen is EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, and now we see Democrats scared they won't be reelected, Clinton worrying about Hillary's chances in a presidential bid going south because of this and therefore publicly distancing Hillary from Obamacare while simultaneously making Obama look like a lying fool in a kindly way (gotta love that Bill Clinton's political skills), and now the Democrats and their supporters have the AUDACITY to try to deflect from this train wreck economy wrecking family wrecking legislation by harping on what the Republicans won't do to pull their fat out of their fire.

Umm Ummm Ummm.

Democrats--YOU BUILT IT--just like it is.
LIVE WITH IT--just like it is.

o

LIVE WITH IT--just like it is.

Oh ho! Now conservatives want to insist that it NOT BE CHANGED. So if any ideas come up on how to ease the transition or tweak it for situations identified ... conservatives will insist that NO CHANGES BE MADE.

Boy, they are really hammering down on not helping Americans, aren't they? I tell you I am embarrassed to be living with the Party of "No" and "You're on your own, people!"

o

Oh esh...liberals were the ones that said it couldn't be changed...short memories. Yes, people had to lose their policies, it's the law, all policies must adhere to the law...right? Everyone's lives are going to be so much better, conservatives are just too dumb to know it...right? Dems didn't like or want what repubs had to offer as an alternative....nope, my way or the highway. When it finishes crashing and burning, and all the rats have left the sinking ship...maybe, but I seriously doubt, very seriously doubt, that Obama will reach across the aisle for some help. In the meantime....I told you so...works fine. This is a genie that can't be stuffed back into the bottle. Maybe the dems should have read it before they passed it. Maybe they shouldn't have voted against the provision brought by republicans that would have allowed people to keep their policies. Actually they couldn't. They needed all of these people to lose their policies. They just thought the stupid citizens would fall in line.

o

So if the Democrats change their mind, you're ok with making adjustments?

And please, I think it is inappropriate of you to call American citizens "stupid", mrskjun.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 9:58

"I say let the law play out as written."

Hindsight is always 20/20, too bad the tea party controlled congress doesn't know it's hind from a hole in the ground.

o

Rooting for failure, just to justify your Obama hatred? Are you kidding?

It matters not that we are talking about the individual market which is 5% and people on the individual market do t stay there long. It matters not that these are policies written this year that did not meet ACA guidelines and the insurance companies knew this. Ironically, this is a result ofFree market function. This is happening because obamacare is not a guvtment takeover of healthcare. Oh, and let's say you are fortunate enough to have healthcare based on your husbands coverage through his employer, then your insurance is also subsidized.

o

Speaking of scoldings, Dianne Feinstein has heard from over 30,000 of her constituents, none of them happy with the way her party's very own health care "reform" dictates are "working" for them.

Obamacare's supporters have gone from overruling the American people to trying to overrule themselves!

o

Rooting for failure, just to justify your Obama hatred? Are you kidding?

Don't you know - I'm sure some of them were "secretly" gleeful that citywoman was able to express her personal experience. Not that they will admit it, of course.

o

Wait a minute...who is rooting for failure? The liberals have told us for the last four years about the wonders of Obamacare and how it can't fail. Conservatives who kept saying it was a bad plan were rooting for failure...now that the wondrous law has been implemented and it's turning out just like conservatives said, they are now rooting for failure. Sounds to me like liberals want it both ways.

o

Conservatives wrote the plan lol and now it is all decided it is a failure?

You really cannot make this crap up.

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 11:45

What else did Bill have to say?

Well according to Bill Clinton the " Republican Party is "begging for America to fail" by rooting for the healthcare bill to fail.

....he also said

"I've never seen a time - can you remember a time in your lifetime when a major political party was just sitting around, begging for America to fail"

o

LOL Maggie...first the republicans didn't have a plan...only democrats had a plan, now this plan belongs to the republicans when it starts to implode. Are you sure you don't want to personally blame Bush?

om, Clinton is a very smart politician. He is distancing Hillary from Obama's failed healthcare law, while at the same time saying she is a better choice than a republican. I give the guy credit.

o

"The liberals have told us for the last four years about the wonders of Obamacare and how it can't fail."

That is why their expertise is so important to obamacare's survival! They took a bold step in imposing obamacare on an unwilling electorate, and they would never have done such a thing if it were not the national interest.

I stand with Democrats in their valiant effort to force the president to keep his word. Who is with me?

o

in imposing obamacare on an unwilling electorate

You shouldn't build a position on a falsehood. But you keep trying ....

o

It's not pretty. Hold the applause.

In fact, I encourage the supporters to drop what you have and sign up for ACA. That will boost its rating. :)

Of course you won't....because you don't believe it's better good enough for you.

o

So mrsk, your new best friend is Bill Clinton? You and Nik start a new thread every day on Obama care. Currently the first five are rehashing it all over and over again. Ad nauseum

Oh ,that's right You get your news from Faux because despite the worst storm in history which is killing 10,000 people who are in dire circumstance, Fox barely mentions this, devoting every story on health care. Never mind CNN devotes huge blocks of time on the tragedy.

Check back when Social Security and Medicare began and neither went smoothly. This is a hugely complicated issue.

And check the polls, Hillary even beats Christie, the GOP darling ,in his own state by seven points. Cruz by way double digits.

o

brush, what's with your selective memory? Most people here have employer-provided insurance or Medicare. Just like with most of the population.

We aren't signing up for ACA because it is not applicable, not because it is "not good enough" for us.

o

Actually lily, if you were watching FOX, you would know about the 2000 to 2500 people killed in the Philippines and how Americans, the most giving country in the world as you know, are stepping up to the plate and giving in a huge way. That the marines are on the ground and in the air bringing relief to this devastated people. Just so you know, Camille was the worst storm in history, five mile an hour less winds than this one, up until this typhoon. I lost everything I owned in Camille, my home, my baby pictures, clothes, everything. These people have my prayers, my sympathies, and whatever I am able to give. Don't preach to the choir. Start a thread about the typhoon if you choose.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camille

o

christopher h calls our president "the Lying King" however, he has also called him "King Barack" as well as "The Boy King" as in "The Boy King needs 7 million Healthy young Americans to sign up by March 2014" in another thread.

I call this to your attention because: Our President is not a 'boy'. To call a grown black man a 'boy' is a racist remark.

It is disgusting and vile and he should apologize for it!

Barack Obama is a grown man 52 years old with children and a wife. He is not a 'boy' and Christopher knows it. He chose the word and It is disgusting and racist to call any black man 'boy' and he should be made to apologize for it!

He has not yet apologized for it, so I've brought it up again.

o

"I call this to your attention because: Our President is not a 'boy'. To call a grown black man a 'boy' is a racist remark."

The term you used is not the one the poster used. If you're convinced "boy king" should be banned on this forum, the fastest way to get it removed is to bring it to the attention of the moderators.

o

lily: "Oh ,that's right You get your news from Faux because despite the worst storm in history which is killing 10,000 people who are in dire circumstance, Fox barely mentions this, devoting every story on health care. Never mind CNN devotes huge blocks of time on the tragedy."

Untruth teller:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/11/13/philippines-typhoon-survivors-desperate-for-food/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/11/12/us-sends-water-generators-and-troops-to-aid-storm-survivors/

http://radio.foxnews.com/2013/11/11/relief-sent-to-typhoon-devastated-philippines-video/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/11/10/how-can-help-victims-philippines-typhoon/

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/11/12/philippines-typhoon-victims-await-assistance-as-latin-america-and-us-send-aid/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/11/11/philippines-prepared-for-typhoon-haiyan-but-evacuation-sites-couldnt-withstand/

And more...I wonder if she ever listens to herself.

o

Fox News isn't the least bit worried about attacks from the lefty fringe.

People say they trust Fox News more than they trust the president when it comes to obamacare.

Here is a link that might be useful: ACA: Fox more trusted than president

o

People say they trust Fox News more than they trust the president when it comes to obamacare.

Pretty smart people.

o

You are really twisting that Fox poll around to support your viewpoint.

What it actually says is that 19% of Americans trust Fox the most--
and that 78% of Americans do NOT trust Fox most.

Most of the other "facts" that Fox News is throwing around like confetti today on their news programs are also twisted in a similar manner.

Looked at carefully and honestly--measured by party:
Only 61% of Republicans trust Fox News (nearly 1/4 of them do NOT)
Nearly half of Democrats--48%--do NOT trust Fox News.
Independents were evenly split.

It all depends on how you phrase the questions/answers in this Fox poll and which facts you choose to ignore--as Fox News has been doing in its misleading celebrations today of the downfall of ObamaCare (ACA).

Kate

o

Posted by nikoleta (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 12:01

"The liberals have told us for the last four years about the wonders of Obamacare and how it can't fail."

That is why their expertise is so important to obamacare's survival! They took a bold step in imposing obamacare on an unwilling electorate, and they would never have done such a thing if it were not the national interest.

I stand with Democrats in their valiant effort to force the president to keep his word. Who is with me?

I'm standing as tall as I can, Nik.

We were stupid, Democrats and Obama knew what was best, they had this under control, they wouldn't listen about what would happen with people losing their policies (of course they knew they would, they just didn't think the Obama Controlled Puppet Media couldn't contain them) and now things aren't looking so rosie for Democrats.

I say we give this plan a chance.
Just like it is.

SO far it's off to a train wreck of a start.

o

"I'm standing as tall as I can, Nik."

Well, hang in there. The Democrats are the experts.

Have you noticed Mary Landrieu looks sick?

o

Have you noticed Mary Landrieu looks sick?

Yes and haggard.

Must be from trying to convince her constituents she was against Obamacare when she was for it!

This post was edited by demifloyd on Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 15:15

o

mrskjun, re. "Bill Clinton Scolds Obama"
Mr. Clinton has been credited with the statement, "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee".

o

The fact is that Fox News has devoted most of its political air time to take down President Obama and the ACA.
They do cover news, but it is ancillary to their Right Wing anti-Obama political objective.
Anyone who denies that is naive or foolhardy or both.

o

"Anyone who denies that is naive or foolhardy or both."

Don't forget liars.

o

"The fact is that Fox News has devoted most of its political air time to take down President Obama and the ACA."

I didn't know you were a Fox fan!

o

Are conservatives really so dumb that they think you have to watch Fox News to know what they report? Maybe they are.

o

I'm fairly certain many have run across this web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: We watch Fox news so you don't have to

o

hmm duluthinbloom, I actually thought that was going to be a story about the liberals on HT.

o

ronalawn makes a case on why we shouldn't take anything Bill Clinton says too seriously. Unless they somehow empathize with the remark. Then of course they would be proving what we've suspected all along about the majority of teaparty people.

o

If I had limited my viewing to the MSM networks or the largely ignored MSNBC, I might have believed Obamacare made sense, too.

But FOX is on my list of choices, and has been the most informative. So I wasnt blindsided as our liberal friends have been as the embarrassing ACA rollout limped along. The funny thing is the MSM is doing real reporting now. White House efforts to spin the lost policies and inept implementation of the plan as not a big deal and repairable are going nowhere.

You cannot screw "a small percentage" of 310 million people without creating a spit storm.

o

You cannot screw "a small percentage" of 310 million people without creating a spit storm.

I guess there weren't enough columns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here