Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
National Debt will hit $600 Billion

Posted by hamiltongardener CAN 6a (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 13:06

That's for the Canadians here, not the American debt.

After the Liberal government spent over a decade in a surplus situation, paying down Canada's debt and putting us in one of the best financial situations in the western world, our wonderful Conservative government (led by an economist, no less) has turned us back around and hass steered us further into debt. Thanks Steve!

The question is... how do we get Harper to understand what Cretien understood about how bad a national debt is?

Or do we just toss him out of office next time?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Debt will hit $600 Billion

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 16:48

How bout' we send our brand of conservative politicians up there to see if they can help...we'll cover shipping charges.

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 17:25

btw HG, the $600 Billion is the total accumulated debt? and not your annual deficit right?

o

Yes vgkg, that's the debt (total accumulated) not the annual deficit.

And no, we don't want your brand of conservatives either. They are as much "borrow and spend" politicians as ours are.

o

"The question is... how do we get Harper to understand what Cretien understood about how bad a national debt is?"

Get him to hire Paul Martin!!!!

o

Agreed!

Are there any more Paul Martins out there? Any Chretiens?

o

During Pierre Trudeau's term in office, Canada's national debt increased about 1200% to $200 bln. During Harper's term, Canada's national debt has increased less than 40%.

And you guys want Trudeau II?

o

And you guys want Trudeau II?

Fiscally, we want Chretien/Martin.

On social issues, we want Trudeau!

o

When you find utopia, would you kindly send me the address?

o

When you find utopia, would you kindly send me the address?

Sure.

Head north, and when you reach the border... cross it.

Aaaaand... you're there! :-)

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 22:36

Bring $600 billion with you. Then they might consider letting you stay.

o

Call it a utopia entrance fee. ;)

o

I think Canada should secede from Washington. :)

o

PEI should secede from the Federation and triple the bridge fee.

o

I go to utopia for a few days every couple of weeks now. As long as I can get oot when it's time to leave, I'll definitely be ok.

o

I can tell you how to pay off your debt using a regressive mindset...

CUT TAXES! So the saying goes. Without money in the government coffers, the government will have to let go tens, if not hundreds of thousands of workers (freeloaders). Then some way, the debt will magically shrink (using regressive logic). Oh, if you can get rid of your universal health care and somehow "charter" your education system, that will help too. Then you'll be just like us!

-Ron-

o

Best thing to do is not go to war even when our best friend asks us to.

o

Best thing to do is not go to war even when our best friend asks us to.

No that is not how the US operates. You need 2 wars and lower the taxes a lot more. You do not need money to fight wars. If you stop giving all those freeloaders food stamps, that 100 a month is a lot of wasted money.

Do away with those entitlements unless they are business entitlements. You know the job creators that are not creating jobs so they can get higher entitlements. When all this is done the debt will disappear.

You have been around here long enough to know if you starve the children you will not have any debt.

o

Rolling my eyes.

o

If you have time, read "Our Man in Kabul?", WSJ.

Talk about wasted money abroad and lost opportunities at home.

We all know Afghanistan is a waste, but our dearly beloved leaders politicians are deaf and blind.

o

We all know Afghanistan is a waste, but our dearly beloved leaders politicians are deaf and blind.

Yes, we should just leave them gather and train at terror camps in Afghanistan. That is what we allowed them to do after the first attempt to bring down the Trade Towers in 1993 . We have to make sure that doesn't happen again pal.

1993: World Trade Center bomb terrorizes New York

A suspected car bomb has exploded underneath the World Trade Center in New York killing at least five people and injuring scores more.

The bombing has shocked America which had seemed immune from acts of terrorism that have plagued other parts of the world.

An emotional Mario Cuomo, New York's state governor, told journalists: "We all have that feeling of being violated. No foreign people or force has ever done this to us. Until now we were invulnerable."

"It felt like an airplane hit the building"
Bruce Pomper, eyewitness

The immense blast happened at 1218 local time in the Secret Service's section of the car park underneath and between what are New York's tallest buildings.

It left a gaping hole in the wall above the Path underground station. Most of those who died are believed to have been crushed by the station ceiling.

It ripped through three floors of concrete, scattering ash and debris and set off a fire that sent choking smoke and flames up through one of the 110-story "Twin Towers".

Total pandemonium

Thousands of office workers were trapped as smoke billowed up through the buildings.

With no working lifts or lighting there was total pandemonium.

People did not know whether to stay in their offices or brave the journey down via the smoke-filled stairwells.

Desperate for air, some people smashed windows with office furniture.

Hundreds eventually poured out of the building gasping for air and covered in soot.

Rescue workers struggled to get oxygen to those in the upper floors. About 100,000 people work in and visit the 1,700ft towers every day - the blast happened at their busiest time.

Several people have called New York's police claiming they were behind the attack but authorities are keeping an open mind about possible suspects. "

Sorry, we can't allow this to happen again.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1993: World Trade Center bomb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here