Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
George Zimmerman arrested on disturbanc

Posted by redsox Z6 KY (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 15:08

George Zimmerman, who was acquitted this summer of murdering teenager Trayvon Martin, has been arrested in Florida after deputies responded to a "disturbance call."

Zimmerman was arrested by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office at about 1 p.m. today, authorities said.

He will be transported and booked into the John E. Polk Correctional Facility.

No further details were immediately available.

The sheriff's office said they will be releasing the arrest report and 911 call as soon as they are available.

Today's incident is Zimmerman's latest run in with the law.

In September, he was released without charges after his wife called 911 to say Zimmerman punched his father-in-law in the nose and threatened to shoot him and his wife.

He claimed that he was acting in a "defensive manner" during the incident, according to police, who later added that they never found a gun on Zimmerman.

Zimmerman was acquitted in July of the murder of teenager Trayvon Martin.

abc news

No details yet.

Just vindication.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: George Zimmerman arrested on disturbanc

Not sure what happened to my E. I do know how to spell!

o

From TMZ - and this is the whole article:

"George Zimmerman has been arrested in Orlando, FL after allegedly attacking his pregnant girlfriend, law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

According to law enforcement sources -- which have been involved with the Zimmerman case since day one and have always been reliable -- Zimmerman got physical with his girlfriend earlier today, who claimed she was pregnant.

Since she's pregnant, we're told the domestic violence charge is automatically listed as a felony. The Seminole County Sheriff's website says Zimmerman is not eligible for bail.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Zimmerman JUST arrived to a local jail and is currently being booked into the system.

Zimmerman has had multiple run-ins with cops ever since he was acquitted back in July of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin."

o

You can't make this stuff up!! All as the idiot Mayor of Toronto, and his brother now, are the gift that keeps on giving to comics everywhere. If it were fiction, no one would believe it.

o

MY question is this:

Has Redsox released the Cracken?
;)

o

My work is done. I will post no more on any thread even hinting at anything going on in the life of GZ. I mean after this post.

I like to know my meme... “Release the Kraken!” is a catchphrase and image macro series based on a memorable quote uttered by Zeus in the 1981 fantasy adventure film The Clash of the Titans as well as the 2010 3D remake. Despite the dramatic delivery of the line in the reboot, the quote was perceived as unintentionally funny and quickly became a target of image macro jokes on the web. (Know Your Meme)

Edited to add attribution

This post was edited by duluthinbloomz4 on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 15:56

o

Where are all our Zimmerman defenders when he got off killing an innocent black kid? Where are you? He was arrested twice for speeding, toured a gun factory, (poor taste) punched his father in law, and damaged property belonging to his wife, and now beat up a pregnant girlfriend. Yep, a pillar of the community. All this in a few short months.

o

Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 16:18

Where are all our Zimmerman defenders when he got off killing an innocent black kid? Where are you? He was arrested twice for speeding, toured a gun factory, (poor taste) punched his father in law, and damaged property belonging to his wife, and now beat up a pregnant girlfriend. Yep, a pillar of the community. All this in a few short months.

Who said he was a "pillar of the community?"

There are different incidents.

o

Lily, I understand the sarcasm of your comment about Zimmerman being a “pillar of the community.” And while all the incidents for which he has come under scrutiny by the law and now actually arrested are certainly different, they are generally linked by personal violence against other people. Indirect support of Zimmerman under the guise of misunderstanding your sarcasm and somehow claiming that because the events in which he has been embroiled are different they are somehow unrelated begs the question.

edited to insert a clarifying phrase.

This post was edited by pidge on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 16:58

o

DUluth, I know so little about the beast that I didnt even know the spelling!

Mr.Mylab would enjoy a discussion with you, he loves this stuff. He also loved the movie but waited for it to home release as he knows that I can only tolerate so much as far as his genre of movie interest goes. I was busy doing something and heard the words " Release the Kraken!" from
our excessively noisy surround sound. I came in asking what in the world? ??and he played the scene for me as I laughed so hard that tears ran down my face.

Since then we now both use the expression for all kinds of announcements of warnings about a fright of a beast ( of any sort: an event, person, persons, each other, our dogs) which is liable to make a dreaded appearance!

I know nothing about the story or the beast except for that small piece of the movie - the command and the arrival of the beast. But I sure did enjoy that much of it!

o

I think all these incidents go to the character of the man.

o

Mylab, I don't know where I had that, or even where to look for it initially - never having seen Clash of the Titans. Must be that great storehouse of trivia filed away in a dustier part of the brain.

o

It was only a matter of time...

He may never go to jail for killing an innocent teenager but it's pretty clear he will eventually end up in jail. I just hope this incident is the one that keeps him there so no other innocent person dies at his hands.

Lily - they will stay far away from this thread. Or deny they ever supported him. It's their MO.

o

Jill, he has already been indirectly supported by one poster. Bizarre.

o

Ah, yes, you are right, pidge.

As in: "these are different incidents."

I have not had any incidents like these.

Have any of you?

o

•Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 16:18

Where are all our Zimmerman defenders when he got off killing an innocent black kid? Where are you? He was arrested twice for speeding, toured a gun factory, (poor taste) punched his father in law, and damaged property belonging to his wife, and now beat up a pregnant girlfriend. Yep, a pillar of the community. All this in a few short months."

Right here. Not going anywhere. As usual, y'all are already on the bandwagon. Ho hum.

Why don't you send Spke Lee any old address and he'll tweet it out hoping someone (black) commits some violence. Huh?

What a buncha . . .

o

Posted by pidge z6PA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 17:50

Jill, he has already been indirectly supported by one poster. Bizarre.

If you are referring to me you are DEAD WRONG MISS PIDGE.

I did not "support" George Zimmerman before or since.

I have said it was a terrible travesty where two people made mistakes and that the justice system should apply the law and adjudicate the matter, which it did.

As to what George Zimmerman is doing now, it doesn't sound good, but the incidents are not related.

Many times in trials prior offenses are not admissible and not to be taken as likelihood that he current offense occurred.

It is apparent that Zimmerman has trouble staying out of trouble.

That's not my concern, I simply don't care what happens to him one way or the other--and that is NOT "support"--indirect OR direct.

o

There is a pattern of aggressive conduct dating back to charges against Zimmerman for resisting arrest. That is why these new charges are relevant.

This guy is a coward. That explains why he picks on unarmed teenagers and women and why he has to carry a loaded gun.

This post was edited by heri_cles on Tue, Nov 19, 13 at 5:38

o

redsox: "I have not had any incidents like these.

Have any of you?"

Yes.

o

And.....

multiple incidents?

o

Yes, multiple! Back when I was much younger (and faster) 3 speeding tickets in one year; got a nastygram from DOT, then never got another ticket.

o

"I think all these incidents go to the character of the man."

Without doubt, Lily. And though he's hardly the first or only American to behave in such a manner, and so often end up in handcuffs, his is the very public story that media created based upon the unusual circumstances surrounding the Trayvon Martin incident. It also shed some light on the SYG law in discussion, and opened the door a crack into the corruption brewing in Florida.

o

speeding tickets...assault....manslaughter...murder.....umm, just no.

Everybody, elvis is safe.

o

elvis, speeding tickets are hardly comparable to charges for murder or phylsical abuse of another person, being on national news in a trial for murder, or now being arrested for physical abuse of a girlfriend who may be pregnant. Why on earth would you want to put yourself on the same level as this loser? Really pathetic.

o

"Really pathetic"

Excuse me? What is "really pathetic?"

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 21:24

He's hanging himself, like OJ.

o

For their own safety I hope people, female and male, avoid friendship/relations with this walking time bomb.

o

I think its pretty clear that George is the victim, here. The trial and subsequent publicity brought on the weight gain, led to this 'cry-for-help' behavior of breaking his wife's iPad, and now pointing a shot gun at his pregnant girl friend.

o

I bet his healthcare premiums have gone up as well, David.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 22:45

Things given to exploding often do swell beforehand.

o

Z is who he is. No matter where he goes, there he is.

If he had a brain, he would never allow a gun to be in his presence ever again.
As long as he chooses to carry a gun, people ought not to be so foolish as to expose themselves to the danger of being around him.

Though the use of his past history might not be allowed in court under certain conditions and guidelines mandated by the court - the public is certainly not restricted from knowing his history.
I would hope an educated public would be a more protected pubic, but I fear the story of Z, his urge of arming himself at all times with firearms and the injury or death of another has not yet reached it's conclusion.

o

elvis, George Zimmerman has killed one person and is now charged with abuse and possibly attempted murder if it’s true that he pointed a gun at his girlfriend’s head. I do think it’s pathetic to hold up three speeding tickets in a year as comparable to “incidents like these.” Why would yu want to link yourself to this man on any level?

I feel as if we are watching a total meltdown by this man whose “incidents” are increasingly erratic. I just hope he does not murder another innocent person as he did Trayvon Martin. I can’t imagine how TM’s family is feeling right now. Or those jurors.

o

redsox,
LINK

o

Can you imagine how the jury members from his trial feel? Soon the jury that acquitted him will regret their decision and feel part of his violence and whatever he does in the future.

Maybe he can get a lawyer defend him on a SYG defense? He was standing his ground against an unarmed girlfriend?

o

Elly, he did not use the stand your grand defense in the trial.

None of us know exactly what happened that day with Martin, but a jury found that Zimmerman in fact did not murder Trayvon Martin.

I agree that his actions and Martin's actions both contributed to the situation, but from the testimony of Martin on top of him the jury found he did not murder him, although in fact he did shoot him and kill him.

There is a difference.

It is obvious that Zimmerman has problems; however, we do not know if they have been compounded by the event itself, which I am guessing they were. Who knows, maybe he thinks he is invincible and just wants to hurt people.

I don't know--and neither do any of you.

o

How can anyone equate a few speeding tickets to murder and assault? Did something change? Are they considered the same, now?

o

I think the analogy was one thumbing their nose at the law, not equating the type of crime.

o

"a jury found that Zimmerman in fact did not murder Trayvon Martin."

Not true. Not true at all. They did not find Z innocent. They found a reasonable doubt. Why they did, none of us can say.

In a civil suit, there is less of a legal burden on the prosecution to prove there was no reasonable doubt. If I were Trayvon's parents, I would be jumping on that. As a previous poster indicated, prior (criminal) acts are not allowed as testimony. But we saw what happened to OJ after the fact. You can't tell me that prior murder was not a part of his current sentence.

o

Well can you imagine........Zimmerman is charged with felony assault , pointing a gun at his pregnant GF.

He's the one pointing the gun and guess what he is saying.......that she was the aggressor.

Ya think he could come up with a new one.

o

Which only proves the point. Zimmerman was acquitted, judged by a jury of his peers. We don't have to like the verdict, just as in the OJ case. But as a matter of law, we have to accept it. But strange how these things work out. Look where OJ is now, what his life is like. Look where Zimmerman is now. It just seems like one way or another, justice is served.

Now for those that are wagging their fingers saying people here defended Zimmerman. We were all given the same facts as the jury. If any or all of us had been on that jury, we would have had to wrestle with the same facts. According to the law, was there reasonable doubt? No matter what ones emotions say.

o

"Now for those that are wagging their fingers saying people here defended Zimmerman. We were all given the same facts as the jury. "

The majority of support and defense of Zimmerman came BEFORE the trial not during the trial and included many "facts" that never ever got to the jury.

There were many here who blamed Trayvon right from the git go.

o

There were many here who blamed Trayvon right from the git go.

There were those who went even further and sought to demonize Trayvon in order to justify Zimmerman's actions.

o

In the OJ trial, I didn't know a single person who thought he was innocent. My Aunt did for a while and then she couldn't deny his guilt later.

Mrs, did you think the OJ jurors got it right? Because there was reasonable doubt found?

o

I remember a particularly nauseating attempt by a few of our forum members to identify a completely unrelated photo of an older black man as Trayvon Martin, with the implication being that he was indeed a "threatening" person and therefore ZImmerman was justified in shooting him. Blech.

o

By the way, when Rightie Radio was blathering nonstop about Trayvon and how he was trouble and Z was a saint (yes, I heard it myself, Dennis Prager going on about Z's integrity) it was laughable.

I am betting you will not hear ONE WORD on rightie radio about Z and this last incident. Not one.

o

Clarification the GF says she is not pregnant.

Wonder what his wife is thinking. Wonder if she'll talk more about what she knows about the Trayvon Martin homicide.

o

Heard about it on FOX redsox. And no, I thought OJ was guilty from the git go. I thought the evidence was overwhelming. But the jury felt there was reasonable doubt. Better that a dozen guilty people go free, than one innocent person found guilty of something they didn't do.

o

But the jury felt there was reasonable doubt.

With the history of the L.A.P.D. planting evidence, there was reasonable doubt.

o

•Posted by elvis 4 (My Page) on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 20:27

'Really pathetic'
Excuse me? What is 'really pathetic?'
'elvis, George Zimmerman has killed one person and is now charged with abuse and possibly attempted murder if it’s true that he pointed a gun at his girlfriend’s head. I do think it’s pathetic to hold up three speeding tickets in a year as comparable to “incidents like these.” Why would yu want to link yourself to this man on any level?'

Pidge, pay attention. I was responding to this:

•Posted by lily316 z5PA (My Page) on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 16:18

'Where are all our Zimmerman defenders when he got off killing an innocent black kid? Where are you? He was arrested twice for speeding, toured a gun factory, (poor taste) punched his father in law, and damaged property belonging to his wife, and now beat up a pregnant girlfriend. Yep, a pillar of the community. All this in a few short months.'

Lily's post was followed by yours and redsox's, both referring to lily's 'incidents.'

•Posted by elvis 4 (My Page) on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 18:29

'redsox: 'I have not had any incidents like these.
Have any of you?'

I answered "Yes." And I have, not just speeding tickets, but I too have been guilty of bad taste. If redsox does not want a straight answer to her question, she doesn't want to ask. I didn't 'equate' anything; I just gave a straight answer to a very simple question.

There's a little group of very vocal posters who assume, wrongly, that the group of us who has from the beginning of the news about the Martin case defended Z's right to the benefit of the doubt, are supportive of Zimmerman. In fact, we were/are defending his right to a presumption of innocence till found otherwise by a jury, not by you. Devil's advocate, if you will, and everybody gets at least one in this country. I compared that aggressive "hang him high" attitude to a lynch mob mentality at that time, and it seems the same posters are doing this again. That's not how the law works, thank goodness. We are not charged with judging the man, whether we "like" him or not. If anyone thinks Zimmerman represents some sort of symbol for the right to bear arms, they are in error. This has to do with the right to due process under the law; nothing more and nothing else. The arguments about gun rights that resulted were just that: 2nd Amendment rights, and not Zimmerman's right to a presumption of innocence. Two separate issues, neither of which was on trial.

We can all speculate, but we all have the right to due process under the law; that's it. Period.

The link below from CNN has the latest. Looks like a case of 'he said, she said.' We know that so far, George Zimmerman: was acquitted of murder; and received a speeding ticket for 15 mph over the posted limit (no firearm in the vehicle). He received a warning for speeding in a separate incident at which time he volunteered to the officer he spoke with at that time that he had a legal weapon in the vehicle. There was a complaint about an altercation with his FIL which was unsubstantiated. Lily's statements that Zimmerman hit his FIL and beat up his girlfriend are based on lily's excitement and not substantiated. Maybe those 2 allegations are true, but we don't know that.

And, according to lily, he had the bad taste to tour a gun factory. I suspect he's a bumbling idiot, but I don't have proof.

And now his girlfriend accuses him of domestic violence. All we can do is speculate, and that's fine with me, just don't be putting people down because they say something you disagree with.

Pidge asked this question of me: "Why would yu want to link yourself to this man on any level?"

The answer is that I don't wish to link myself with George Zimmerman, but I won't "shun" him either.

Here is a link that might be useful: CNN Source

o

Elvis, perhaps you missed them but the comments we are talking about were not the ones defending Zimmerman's right to be innocent until proven guilty but the utter and total vilification of the victim.

The assumptions of why Trayvon was there, the statements that the things he purchased could be used to make drugs, the whole to do about his hoodie , the lies about the events of night...like Trayvon jumping out from a bush.

It went on and on , thread after thread......all defending Zimmermen and condemning Trayvon.

o

Posted by redsox Z6 KY (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 19, 13 at 9:14

"a jury found that Zimmerman in fact did not murder Trayvon Martin."

Not true. Not true at all. They did not find Z innocent. They found a reasonable doubt. Why they did, none of us can say.

One is legally innocent or guilty of a crime.

o

So, in all honesty, you DO equate speeding tickets with assault or manslaughter of a victim? In your heart, you feel these are equitable?

Because the incidents I was referring to were assault and domestic violence at a very minimum, and manslaughter or murder as a maximum. Clearly I was not talking about speeding tickets and to pretend to assume so is just not honest.

I have not been involved in one assault or domestic case and I was asking if others on this forum had been involved in multiple.

I was not looking for parking violations.

o

One is legally innocent or guilty of a crime.

Do you hear the jury read a verdict of "innocent?" Because I never have. Not guilty can mean reasonable doubt, not innocence.

o

You are right.

I was on the phone and came back to amend that--not guilty.

Which means NOT GUILTY.

Of course there can be doubt.

Unless someone was there and SAW what happened, no one knows.

Including you and me.

o

it is also VERY important that the verdict not guilty applies to crime he is charged with.....2st degree murder.

The juror that believed he was guilty said she believed he would have been found guilty if the charge was manslaughter or aggravated assault.

o

redsox: "So, in all honesty, you DO equate speeding tickets with assault or manslaughter of a victim? In your heart, you feel these are equitable?
Because the incidents I was referring to were assault and domestic violence at a very minimum, and manslaughter or murder as a maximum. Clearly I was not talking about speeding tickets and to pretend to assume so is just not honest."

Wait a minute. You ask a wide open (non specific) question and I answer the same. You want an answer specific to the question you "clearly" have in your mind; be clear, be specific. Otherwise, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Do I like word games? Yes, I do. This forum is all about words.

That being said, I'd appreciate it if you would not bandy about the words "honesty" and "honestly" when you are addressing my posts; those are combative words when used to question another's posts, IMO. If your natural reaction is to be defensive please do not counter with an offensive.

o

It is a distinction, but it is not "VERY IMPORTANT" because if so, he would have been charged with the more serious crime.

The juror's job was to apply the facts and evidence to the law as per the jury instructions.

If the juror did not receive proper jury instructions on a lesser crime, she's just talking like anyone here.

o

Juror 37 had her mind made up during the voir dire.
In addition to statements she made that could be interpreted as racially insensitive (calling Martin "a boy of color") she thought there was some sort of insurrection in Sanford over Zimmerman not being charged. The fact is that there were no riots or out of control demonstrations. Moreover, she stated that those supposed riots were wrong. If that doesn't signal bias what does?
Juror 37 then characterized the confrontation during her voir dire as
"an unfortunate incident that happened."
The Prosecutors must have been sleeping during voir dire to allow this women to sit on the jury.
Following the verdict her interview with Anderson Cooper did nothing but support the notion that she was biased.

Didn't she say something to Anderson Cooper to the effect that she thought "George" would make a good watchman now that he learned his lesson?
Could she say that now with a straight face?
Could anyone?

And what was Zimmerman doing with a shot gun in his girlfriends apartment other than allegedly pointing it at her?
This is the second allegation since the controversial verdict was rendered that George Zimmerman allegedly threatened a woman with a gun.
At some point even his supporters and apologists have to be concerned about Zimmerman hurting or killing someone and question whether he should be allowed to own a weapon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Juror 37

o

Elvis,

Here is Lily's quote:

"I think all these incidents go to the character of the man."

To what did you think Lily was referring to in "these incidents" and Z's character? Speeding tickets?

Demi indicates "There are different incidents" referring to the several incidents to which Z has been involved.

I state "I have not been involved in incidents like these" to which you respond with speeding tickets.

One does not have to be a mindreader to determine which types of incidents Z. was involved with because they are stated in the post. Let's not pretend to be outraged.

Z has been involved in assault charges, domestic violence and a murder investigation. I made no mention of his having obeyed the speed limit.

o

"To what did you think Lily was referring to in "these incidents" and Z's character? Speeding tickets?"

I don't have to think about it. It's right there in lily's post:

"He was arrested twice for speeding, toured a gun factory, (poor taste) punched his father in law, and damaged property belonging to his wife, and now beat up a pregnant girlfriend. Yep, a pillar of the community. All this in a few short months."

_______

"One does not have to be a mindreader to determine which types of incidents Z. was involved with because they are stated in the post. Let's not pretend to be outraged."

Uh-oh. There you go again. you'd better look up "pretend." It kinda goes along with the "honest" thing.

o

And, in case anyone doesn't remember... there was even a photo used to depict Trayvon as some kind of steroid muscled, gangbanging thug... that WASN'T EVEN Trayvon!

At the time, the defense of Zimmerman's actions, and the demonizing of Trayvon were above and beyond belief!

I just hope George can keep a tight sphincter... because he's eventually going to need to!

o

I love it when liberals accuse conservatives of never saying they are wrong. C'mon, fess up, say you are wrong...then we can beat you over the head with it for months to come.

I remember the picture, it was an honest mistake because it had been posted elsewhere as a picture of Martin. The person who posted it here apologized and said they were wrong....so come on libs, pile on....anyone need some sticks to beat that dead horse? And to the person who posted it...never say you were wrong. You will regret it.

o

elvis, your response was glib to the point of mocking the "incidents" alluded to. You can defend yourself to your heart's content, but pointing to speeding tickets is hardly a reasonable response. I don't know why you would bother with such a comment.

o

Zimmerman, I believe, was considered not guilty because he was defending himself.

When he does "legally" kill someone (???) the jury will have that on their hands.

Basically the jury that found him "innocent" thought that you could follow someone, scare the shite out of them, and kill them if they try to defend themselves from you.

If you are white.

o

The thing is, we don't know, and the jury did not know if Martin was trying to defend himself from anything Zimmerman did, or if Martin is the one that jumped Zimmerman (perhaps understandable depending on the circumstances, perhaps not, we don't know we weren't there there were no witnesses to that).

So that is when reasonable doubt comes in--because what the testimony was is that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating his head into the concrete.

I would bet that the verdict would have been the same if the hispanic/black identification were reversed or if either were the same race.

But we don't know.

Most juries do the best they can and it's not always easy having others second guess their decisions--they often revisit and struggle with what they decide, and some are very secure in their decisions.

But it was the decision of the jury.

o

lily: " . . punched his father in law, and damaged property belonging to his wife, "

That reminds me, now where is that video his wife and father-in-law promised?

o

Posted by october17 5chgo (My Page) on Tue, Nov 19, 13 at 19:12

***lily: " . . punched his father in law, and damaged property belonging to his wife, "***

"That reminds me, now where is that video his wife and father-in-law promised?"

Maybe lily has it.

o

Ugly.

o

"Ugly."

How so? Lily stated the same as a fact. Now that's ugly.

o

He wasn't charged with not even a speeding ticket that day.

But, well, lily says it happened that way, and many others here have said it too It's been repeated so many times here, well, gosh, it must be true.

Evidence schmevidence.

o

Uh, the video evidence was on the wife's iPad that she says he smashed.

But, of course, he claims that she assaulted him with her iPad and thats how come it broke.

The police tried to recover video footage from the hard drive but were unable to do so.

o

I don't think that would have held up in court, sadly.

o

I love the Z defenders are still at it. Why do you think the thug smashed the iPad so what the wife was recording was damaged forever? Huh? He had three battery charges against women going back to 2005, three times he was stopped by the police , two for speeding, and one for another violation, and then he smashed up the wife's place and punched the fatherinlaw. Today's victim said he choked her a few days ago and then the 911 call yesterday. Then old Z who knows how to work the system called 911 to get his story out there while he barricaded himself in HER house.

You're defending this POS??? He killed a teenager dead. He's a loose cannon and they better keep all his guns before he kills someone else.

o

Poor character does not add up to murderer...

o

No one made that claim, tobr, and I don’t think we need to make this thread any more convoluted than it already is.

Whether we call CZ a “murderer” or just stick with the apparently less problematic word “killer” to describe him, his character reveals itself as narcissistic, self-serving and lacking in self-control every time he lands in the news because of violence against another person.

o

Hmm, seems like splitting hairs. The problem it seems to me, once again, is an emotional reaction to the verdict on the part of so many...

o

The problem is an emotional reaction to the verdict?

Martin's parents may beg to differ.

o

Well, of course they would...

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 10:08

His girl friend summed him up well "He knows how to play the game".
Playing the role of Mr cool & innocent when everyone is watching fooled many the first time around but that act won't work forever.

o

If he ever goes to jail then there is a good chance he won't make it out alive ... unless they put him in confinement for protection.

o

On the news the other night, it was said that if his girlfriend wont allow him back into her home, he wont have any residence to offer upon his release . If he has to be bonded out, is it necessary for him to have an address to list?

Its unlikely his wife will let him back in. According to the news, her divorce attorney has been attempting to serve him divorce papers since his last violent incident with him but he had been hiding - wouldnt answer the door of his girlfriend's home, would take off when he saw the server etc. The arrest provided the perfect opportunity - the papers were served on him in jail.

I know that the process of divorce often brings out the worst behavior from many people but I dont know why someone would play games about being served divorce papers, especially if they have moved onto someone new. What would be the point?

The police were able to take away all his guns this time. For how long, I dont know, and I suppose its possible they will be given right back soon, but 'Zimmerman unloaded' is a great public service, for however long it lasts.

o

I'm guessing he'll kill himself. Listening to the wife and girlfriend, he's upset he's not the center of attention any longer, is very depressed and dead broke.

Why don't some of his supporters send him money as they did when he killed Trayvon? What happened to all the cash? I guess he spent a lot of it on his arsenal.

o

'Zimmerman Unloaded'

Sounds like you have yourself a book deal.

o

Poor George. He just doesn't know how to pick em. Another drama queen looking to get herself on TV.

(And don't forget, I used to work with domestic violence victims. It's very rare that I would not side with an alleged victim.)

•Posted by mylab123 z5NW (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 11:14

. . . he wont have any residence to offer upon his release."

His family probably all had to move because of Spike Lee's call-for-violence tweets.

o

"Poor George. He just doesn't know how to pick em. Another drama queen looking to get herself on TV"

Have I missed something? When did George become the victim? I could possibly understand the self defense argument, (possibly) but ................?????????

If I have missed a bit of news, please let me know.

This post was edited by frank_il on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 10:51

o

demifloyd said;
So that is when reasonable doubt comes in--because what the testimony was is that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating his head into the concrete.

There was no evidence that Zimmerman's head even touched concrete.

o

I would imagine having one's head bashed into concrete that there would be some particles there? Much as a child's knee when they fall in the driveway with far less force than a bashing would be.

Lighter hue, ha!

o

Posted by heri_cles 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 5:44

demifloyd said;

There was no evidence that Zimmerman's head even touched concrete.

Absolutely there was.

There just wasn't direct testimony from a witness, because the neighbor that testified (Goode) said that he say someone straddling Zimmerman, describing Zimmerman's clothing:

"Good testified he saw a person in black clothing on top of another person with "white or red" clothing. He said he couldn't see faces but it looked like the person on the bottom had lighter skin. Martin was black and was wearing a dark hoodie. Zimmerman identifies as Hispanic and was wearing a red jacket. Good was back inside calling 911 when he heard a gunshot.

"It looked like there were strikes being thrown, punches being thrown," Good said.

Later, under cross-examination, he said that it looked like the person on top was straddling the person on bottom in a mixed-martial arts move known as "ground and pound." When defense attorney Mark O'Mara asked him if the person on top was Martin, Good said, "Correct, that's what it looked like." Good also said the person on the bottom yelled for help."

"I couldn't see that," Good said moments later while being cross-examined."-Las Vegas Sun June 28 2013

----

"Dr. Valerie Rao, the Jacksonville-based medical examiner for the state's fourth district, testified that she has reviewed the evidence in the case.

Zimmerman's injuries, she says, "were not life threatening... very insignificant."

She testified that Zimmerman's head injuries were consistent with being stuck against concrete just once, but said in cross [examination] that it could also be consistent with more strikes than that. She conceded that a number of scenarios defense attorney Mark O'Mara described, involving additional blows, were possible." Daily Kos July 2 2013

So there is physical evidence, Heri.
There is circumstantial, or indirect evidence, Heri.
And there is expert testimony, Heri.

I don't know what happened and these details have been rehashed I simply don't care.

o

That's not direct evidence of concrete... that's all circumstantial testimony... nothing more.

o

Posted by jodik 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 8:51

That's not direct evidence of concrete... that's all circumstantial testimony... nothing more.

Jodik, it is deductive reasoning.
I didn't say it was "direct" evidence.

Heri said there was no evidence.

There is evidence and I stated what type.

Take away the concrete--George Zimmerman had injuries to the back of his head and someone saw someone dressed exactly like George Zimmerman with someone straddling him moving his arms as in pounding him.

For God's sake take a clue from Hillary about the murdered citizens in Benghazi, "What difference at this point does it make?”

o

""What difference at this point does it make?”"

That comment was not about the murdered victims in Benghazi.

o

Posted by chase z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 9:12

""What difference at this point does it make?”"

That comment was not about the murdered victims in Benghazi.

Actually it was.

Hillary wouldn't be saying what she said at all if the she and the government had not lied about what happened at Benghazi and she had to come testify about the discrepancies of what happened and what she, Barack Obama and his sidekick went out to say to the public about it.

o

Actually, it wasn't about the victims.

The exact quote is "What difference at this point does it make?"

...and " it " does not refer to the murder of the victims. Context is important when one quotes someone.....

Edited to add that my use of the word "exact" was not to imply Mrs Clinton's words had been misquoted . They are simply being used in a way that misrepresents what the dialouge was about when those words were spoken

This post was edited by chase on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 9:29

o

Hillary has been vetted up one side and down the other. Not to sidetrack my own thread, but where is evidence of this so-called conspiracy? After all of the digging on Vince Foster, Whitewater and Benghazi....where is the conspiracy??

o

Edited to add that my use of the word "exact" was not to imply Mrs Clinton's words had been misquoted . They are simply being used in a way that misrepresents what the dialouge was about when those words were spoken

No they weren't.

You apparently extrapolated to what you assume I meant--and that was to "misrepresent" the words.

You are wrong.

I know what I mean what I used them, not you.

Now, do you want to talk about Benghazi or Zimmerman or me?

o

Sorry, given my druthers - none of the three choices grabs my personal attention. Just as a thread reader, of course.

o

I want to admit up front that I have not read every word of this thread although I suspect I have read them all somewhere at some time.

My opinion for what it is worth is that the jury, i.e., the system failed Trayvon Martin and now the same system is failing George Zimmerman - he is not innocent of what happened in my eyes but then neither was the young man he killed - and now it appears that unless Mr. Zimmerman gets some help he may repeat his violent acts until he kills again or kills himself.

If this man is a mentally well man then I am the Queen of England and I cannot help but think that others who have seen him at various times under duress realize the same.We in this country have a tendency to sweep mental illness under the rug until an incident forces us to confront it and then we still want to call it something else.

Add a gun toting populace and people self medicating to the soup of a fast paced and demanding society and you are likely to have trouble in River City.

o

I think you are right, lottirose. The system was stacked against Trayvon Martin certainly, but the fact that Zimmerman does not appear to be receiving the help that might enable to live his life in harmony with people around him is also of serious concern. I don’t know whether he has been offered help, whether he has turned down any help that may have been offered to him, or even whether he is getting some help that doesn’t appear to be working very well. I think it is more likely that he will kill someone else or that someone else will kill him than that he will commit suicide. His behavior suggests an enormous ego and a profound sense of personal privilege.

It amazes me that such men always seem to find a girlfriend. I don’t want to blame the victim, but I wonder how the current girlfriend rationalizes her involvement with him.

o

dfloyd said:

So there is physical evidence, Heri.
There is circumstantial, or indirect evidence, Heri.
And there is expert testimony, Heri.

There wasn't a shred of evidence that Zimmerman's head hit concrete. None.
The Goode testimony had nothing to do with concrete nor did it place Zimmerman on the sidewalk during the confrontation.
You are making assumptions from testimony.

There was no direct evidence that Zimmerman was even on the sidewalk during the fight. No blood (which stains concrete even during a light rain), no grass, no divots or wet grass next to the sidewalk, no stains on Zimmerman's jeans or jacket, no DNA, no nothing.
There was no expert testimony that Zimmerman's head ever touched concrete, only that the small cuts on Z; head may have or may not have been due to concrete. However, for anyone to suggest that those injuries were consistent with a skull bashing into concrete is laughable. If the the head was hit you must acquit? Come on.
One blow to the head on concrete and one would be knocked unconscious and quite possibly killed.
Those of us who played pretty rough as kids and sustained a few bumps on our own noggen know it doesn't take much.

And look at the pictures at the link. Zimmerman's jacket and blue jeans look like they just came out of the wash. No tears and not even a grass stain or dirt on the white piping on the pockets. And compare the details in the bloody picture of Z's head compared to the ones taken when he arrived at the Police station a few hours later.

The bloody pic appears to have a narrower aspect ratio than the police station photo (making Zimmerman look thin and meek), an unnatural hue/skin tone, and increased levels of color saturation (cherry red blood).
That picture should never have been admitted in evidence because the coloration and altered aspect ratio make the copy of that iphone photo more prejudicial than probative. The same goes for the bloody picture of the back of Z's head.
Those photos were transferred from an iphone to a computer and then emailed three weeks after they were taken. There has been much speculation about these photos and how they appear to be embellished. Zimmerman looks 30 pound heavier and ready to fight just 4 hours later. His nose looks like it not only stopped bleeding but also that it straightened out.

Assuming there was no foul play, the cherry red blood photos should not have been shown to the jurors unless the police station photos were presented alongside them. The jury could then have considered the differences.

In hindsight, I wish Zimmerman was knocked out for a few moments. That may have allowed the teenager to escape that hyped- up, drugged-up, murderous, gun-toting a-hole.

Here is a link that might be useful: For the murderous thug Zimmerman apologists

This post was edited by heri_cles on Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 12:30

o

Whatever Heri.

There's no sense in arguing with you, there is most certainly circumstantial evidence.

Apparently the jury thought so.

But you know it all.

That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

o

Thanks, heri, for your comments. A murderous thug indeed. As for the picture with the blood--anyone knows that a cut as big as a pin head on the face results in tons of blood, so the blood on Z’s face does not indicate a serious injury. The later picture reveals the barest scrape on Z’s nose.

o

For Heaven's sake, my face has looked worse when I had a bloody nose. I remember Z strutting around the police HQ's right after the killing. He IS a murderous thug, but I guess his supporters won't admit it till there's another dead body. Maybe not even then.

Guns are good., Keep repeating that mantra.

o

Since seeing those bloody photos of Zimmerman's face and the back of his head I looked at several websites which discuss why they seem to embellished.
Recalling that they were taken by an iphone4 I looked at sites which review that phones camera.
The camera received high marks but users also stated that..
"I loved the almost surreal color saturation of the iPhone 4." http://lifeinlofi.com/2012/09/23/the-iphone-5-an-iphoneographers-hands-on-review/#sthash.hRa7oxFB.dpuf
or,
"The colors pop. Pleasantly, but almost unnaturally, super saturated and contrasty, the kind of processing I love in Nikons, taken to the extreme."
and,
"I can't seem to take anything that doesn't look like a screen capture of a 1980's horror flick."
http://gizmodo.com/5572766/test-notes-iphone-4-camera

So those phone camera photos were loaded onto a computer, the aspect ratio was changed and then they were emailed 3 weeks later.

And why wasn't this discussed at the trial before they admitted those pictures into evidence?

The prosecution just did a terrible job beginning with the voir dire all the way to Closing argument.

Here is a link that might be useful: About that photo of George Zimmerman’s bloody and “broken” nose

o

Agreed that the prosecution did a terrible job.

Right from the git go I thought they should have used Trayvon's actions to prove he was acting in self defense....which I believe he did. I believe Trayvon was standing his ground.

He was being stalked , it was dark, he felt threatened , he turned around and confronted his stalker. Which easily explains why he was on top.

No matter what the jury said it remains true that Z committed a homicide and he can't run from that. One way or the other he will pay a price for what he did,

This post was edited by chase on Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 13:18

o

"No matter what the jury said it remains true that Z committed a homicide..."

As a matter of law, in the USA, he did not. Whether we think that he did or not, there is no point to a jury trial if the verdict cannot stand because someone disagrees.

There is an appeal process.

o

Actually Elvis he did commit a homicide according to the law in the USA and in Canada.

o

The killing of a human being by another human being. You're right; that Z killed Martin was probably stipulated to during legal proceedings.

Z committed homicide by the same literal definition that soldiers in combat commit homicide, people commit homicide by kiling others with their motor vehicles, and doctors commit homicide by screwing up during surgery. I stand corrected; thank you. Extenuating factors (arguable or not) and intent are not factors in that definition.

o

Yes. Elvis I understand the meaning of the word very well. That's why I used it.

All I said was that he committed a homicide and he will have to live with that.

Not sure why you sound so testy about it.

o

The Z defenders are testy, because they realize now they were wrong in defending him in the stand your ground case. You're right. Trayvon Martin was the one standing HIS ground ,only he wasn't carrying a loaded weapon like Macho boy, just a bag of skittles.

o

"Not sure why you sound so testy about it."

Testy; no, not a bit of it. Sorry about that. The Packers are behind; what can I say.

This post was edited by elvis on Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 15:38

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here