Mayor Bloomberg endorses Obama!!!!!

Posted by ann_t 8a (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 15:21

Smart man!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: New York Times

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mayor Bloomberg endorses Obama!!!!!

I find Mr. Bloomberg's reasoning to be quite sound, and especially powerful since he is by no means an Obama fan. Knowing that global warming is a reality and that Romney will do nothing about it is reason enough for him to support him, along with their similar views on abortion and gay rights. He's putting his money where his mouth is by committing 10 to 15 million dollars in support of like-minded candidates.

o

That's okay. Romney has Ted Nugent.

o

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Yes, I know, Romney supporters will say it's no big deal.

But I think it is a big deal. He had refused to endorse either candidate before.

And, yes it seems Sandy is helping Obama.

Huge!

o

If all it took was Obama stepping up to the plate for
3 days and getting his picture taken and hugging the folks
for Bloomberg to make up his mind to endorse Obama......
all I can say is....it doesn't take much to impress him!!!

Good grief.....the younger brother use to kiss me and tell me
he loved me before he broke my piggy bank and took all my money!

If Romney had only known where Bloomberg's
impress button was he could have sent some of his crew to NY with bull-dozers.

o

Romney was too busy going to Walmart and buying canned goods the Red Cross emphatically said they don't want.

o

Romney is always a step behind. Just wait, yesterday he changed his tune on FEMA, later today he will a announce a new stand on global warming. Always playing catch-up.

o

Excellent point, ann. You're probably right!

This is interesting:
At the same time, Mr. Bloomberg said he might have endorsed Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, except for the fact that the Republican had abandoned positions he once publicly held.

"In the past he has taken sensible positions on immigration, illegal guns, abortion rights and health care � but he has reversed course on all of them, and is even running against the very health care model he signed into law in Massachusetts," the mayor said of Mr. Romney.

Reversed course on all of them! What a shocker!

o

There has NOT been a decent Rep in years.

As an Independent I waited to see the first debate. Once I saw how badly Romney lied, I had to go with Obama. Romney does not stand a chance with me....maybe it's because I knew too many slick talkers in my life.lol

o

you mean snake oil salesmen.

o

I'm waiting for Gov. Christie to announce that he endorses President Obama.:)

~Ann

o

I was thinking the same thing last night, Ann!

Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen. But it would be nice if a reporter would ask him something like "Do you think if Obama is reelected, that would be ok for the country?" Or something like that.

o

Good for Bloomberg. I like people who recognize a good leader, especially in a time of crisis. The article I read says Bloomberg is most influenced by Obama's work on climate change.

Also today, Bruce Springsteen is complimenting Gov. Christi.

Lily, don't forget, Meatloaf also endorsed Romney.

Here is a link that might be useful: nytimes - springsteen

o

Good for Bruce! Christie should be complimented. Except for his false accusations against the mayor of Atlantic City, he's handled this awful situation well.

I didn't know Christie asked Bruce to perform at his inauguration and Bruce turned him down. Yay Bruce! I love a man with principles!

o

"I love a man with principles!"

So do I. Which is why I can't, in all good conscience, summon up a speck of support or respect for Romney, Ryan, and most of the other current Republican politicians.

And it has everything to do with their policies, platform, and beliefs. I'm not sure if unprincipled really covers it...

o

Althea..oh, how did I did forget Meatloaf who hugged and kissed Romney, but unfortunately can't vote for him because he isn't registered. Tried voter fraud to GET registered but didn't work.

o

Christie has begged for Bruce to pay him a little attention for years. I think I remember Bruce telling him not to use his songs or a lyric I do not remember the details of the fight, but Bruce did not want to be associated with the Repbs. or used by them in any way.

o

It was funny to see Romney slowly moving away from a totally wasted and no doubt profusely sweating Meat Loaf. His "celebrities" are really nothing to write home about. I wonder what that says about Romney and his politics (whatever they are or have been or will be).

o

Citywoman, you poor dear, having to suffer the memory of an abusive and venal sibling AND choosing to vote for Romney.

o

Good grief.....the younger brother use to kiss me and tell me
he loved me before he broke my piggy bank and took all my money!

Yep, sounds like Romney. Tell you a lie, whatever he thinks you want to hear. To take your vote and laugh at you for believing the lie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here