Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much starker can it be...

Posted by jillinnj (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 15:25

...that Republicans only care about that child when it's in the womb. Once it's out of the womb, they couldn't care less.

State legislators in Michigan held a hearing on Tuesday to consider House Bills 5684 and 5685, which would allow taxpayers to receive tax relief for unborn fetuses past 12 weeks' gestation. The proposed legislation is an odd push for Michigan Republicans, partly because the state slashed tax credits for children last year - meaning that although parents living in Michigan do not qualify for tax breaks to offset the cost of caring for their own children, they could soon be able to claim a tax credit for an unborn fetus.

Are you kidding me?

Here is a link that might be useful: Really?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much starker can it be...

"state slashed tax credits for children last year"

Can you elaborate with some ammo for your gun?

Just a note: all the tax credit for fetuses 12 weeks or older at the end of the year does, is allow the tax deduction for a child who will be born shortly, instead of waiting for the 1st of the year. My dear uncle Stanley wouldn't have been driving my aunt around on bumpy roads to try to speed up my soon to be born cousin Patti, who was subsequently born on New Year's Day. Big deal. Let's see what was cut for the already-born children, and why. And how much savings.

o

Taxes begin at conception.

o

elvis: I believe you are mistaken. There is a big difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction. A credit is money you get back; a deduction is money you don't have to pay tax on.

o

• Posted by momj47 7A..was 6B (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 19:02

These are men proposing this, right?

Next battle in the GOP war against women?

o

wrong, mom, to your first question.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here