Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ridiculous Rights latest Craplist

Posted by labrea 7NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 16:15

Here's the ridiculous & religious rights latest crap list for the holidays. No Not because the don't say Merry Christmas heavens to Betsy no.
Theses Corporations support LGBT equality or at least don't stand in the way of it.
From an article in WND you know the unfair & unbalanced! These are the 100%ers crap list!
They are completely disapproved of!
The Ridiculous Right is hopping mad over marriage equality sans activist Judges during the election!

3M
A.T. Kearney Inc.
AAA Northern California
Abercrombie & Fitch
Accenture Ltd.
Aetna
Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld
Alcatel-Lucent
Alcoa
Alston & Bird
American Express
Ameriprise Financial
AMR Corp. (American Airlines)
Aon Corp.
Apple Inc.
AT&T
Automatic Data Processing
Avon Products Inc.
Bain & Co. Inc.
Baker & McKenzie
Bank of America Corp.
Bank of New York Mellon Corp.
Barclays Capital
Barnes & Noble Inc.
Best Buy
Bingham McCutchen
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
BMO Bankcorp
Booz Allen Hamilton
Boston Consulting Group
Bristol-Myers Squibb
Brown Rudnick
Brown-Forman Corp.
Bryan Cave
Caesars Entertainment Corp.
Campbell Soup Co.
Capital One Financial Corp.
Cardinal Health Inc.
Cargill Inc.
Carlton Fields PA
Chapman and Cutler
Charles Schwab Corp.
Chevron Corp
Choate, Hall & Stewart
Choice Hotels International Inc.
Chrysler
Chubb Corp.
Cisco Systems
Citigroup Inc.
Clifford Chance US
Clorox Co.
Coca-Cola Co.
Corning Inc.
Covington & Burling
Credit Suisse USA Inc.
Crowell & Moring
Cummins Inc.
Debevoise & Plimpton
Delhaize America Inc.
Dell Inc.
Deloitte
Deutsche Bank
Dewey & LeBoeuf
Diageo North America
DLA Piper
Dorsey & Whitney
Dow Chemical Co.
E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Co. (DuPont)
Eastman Kodak Co.
eBay Inc.
Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge
Eli Lilly & Co.
EMC Corp.
Ernst & Young
Exelon Corp.
Faegre & Benson
Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. (Freddie Mac)
Fenwick & West
Ford Motor Co.
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson
Gap Inc.
Genentech Inc.
General Mills Inc.
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
GlaxoSmithKline
Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
Google Inc.
Group Health Cooperative
Herman Miller Inc.
Hewlett-Packard Co.
Hinshaw & Culbertson
Hogan Lovells US
Hyatt Hotels Corp.
ING North America Insurance Corp.
International Business Machines Corp. (IBM)
Intuit Inc.
Jenner & Block
Johnson & Johnson
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
K&L Gates
Kellogg Co.
Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group Inc.
Kirkland & Ellis
KPMG
Kraft Foods
Levi Strauss & Co.
Limited Brands Inc.
Littler Mendelson PC
Lockheed Martin Corp.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc.
McDermott Will & Emery
McKinsey & Co. Inc.
Medtronic Inc.
MetLife Inc.
Microsoft Corp.
MillerCoors
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Morgan Stanley
Morrison & Foerster
Nationwide
Navigant Consulting Inc.
Nike Inc.
Nixon Peabody
Nordstrom Inc.
Northern Trust Corp.
Office Depot Inc.
Oracle Corp.
Orbitz Worldwide Inc.
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
Owens Corning
Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler
Paul Hastings
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison
Perkins Coie
Pfizer Inc.
PG&E Corp.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
PricewaterhouseCoopers
Prudential Financial Inc.
Raytheon Co.
Replacements Ltd.
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi
Ropes & Gray
Schiff Hardin
Sears Holdings Corp.
Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold
Sempra Energy
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Shearman & Sterling LLP
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP
Sidley Austin LLP
Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett LLP
Sodexo Inc.
Southern California Edison Co.
Sprint Nextel Corp.
Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP
Staples Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Sun Life Financial Inc. (U.S.)
Supervalu Inc.
Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
Symantec Corp.
TD Bank
Teachers Insurance & Annuity Association � College Retirement Equities Fund
Tech Data Corp.
Thompson Coburn LLP
Time Warner Inc.
TJX Companies Inc.
Toyota Financial Services Corp.
Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc.
Troutman Sanders LLP
U.S. Bancorp
UBS AG
Unilever
United Continental Holdings Inc.
United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS)
United Technologies Corp.
UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz LLP
Walt Disney Co.
Wells Fargo & Co.
Whirlpool Corp.
White & Case LLP
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr LLP
Winston & Strawn LLP
Xerox Corp.
Yahoo! Inc.

They have winnowed the list from the Human Rights Campaigns web sight on corporate equality.

Now there is a letter to send out to these corporations form

the disaffected, disgruntled or just downright hateful!

Dear [name of company]: I am writing to you as a [former or potential] customer, to tell you why I will not be doing business with you, purchasing your products or services, nor speaking well of you to my family and friends. You are highly-rated by the "Human Rights Campaign" as a company supportive of many aspects of the homosexual activist agenda.

I am hoping you have done this out of ignorance about the true nature of both homosexuality and the goals of aggressive homosexual advocacy, such as that promoted by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC).

In businesses that welcome homosexual and transgender people, workers who don't agree with these lifestyles often feel unwelcome and increasingly, encounter a hostile work environment. Some of these workers have been sued on trumped -up charges of "discrimination," just for politely expressing these values, even in their own private lives and on their own time!

In short, these are not my values. I think homosexual activism is doing harm to America. My values are to be kind to everyone, but not to condone or encourage immoral and high-risk lifestyles. By your company's support of homosexual behavior, which is changeable and unnecessary, you have insulted my family and my principles.

I do hope your executive decision-makers will at some point, see the truth and reject this conduct, but in the meantime, I am afraid we cannot patronize your business in any way, and for the present, I am going to recommend to family and friends that they also take their business elsewhere.

There are also 80%ers 75%ers 60%ers etc who in some way offend by their bereavement policies, domestic partnership policies, etc etc

The Letter is from Linda Harvey I can't imagine how she wrote it what Tech Company doesn't provide benefits to their LGBT employees produces a computer. What search engine isn't for equality!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garbage out

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ridiculous Rights latest Craplist

Are you freaking kidding me?! They actually composed a form letter and want people to send such a disgusting piece of dung filled with lies, misinformation, and misconceptions to these companies on behalf of ignorance and prejudice? Is there really a person alive who would actually sign and send one?

What I want is the link to the form letter that praises these corporations for their support of equal human rights, and lets them know I shall be a patron because of this support. I'll even pay to send them out snail mail! Hell, I'll compose my own letter!

Once again, Joe, thanks for bringing such ignorance to our attention so we know where it exists, and can counter it with truth and support for basic human rights.

o

oh, yes, jodiek, there are people who will send such letters. fortunately, the people who receive them know they are from homophobic cranks.

Since Office Depot and Staples are on the list, will these ctanks be consigned to buy from only Office Max? And, what about MS products? Dear, dear, what is a homophobic crank (HC) to do?

I can aways tell a HC when they talk about the "homosexual agenda" and/or "homosexual lifestyle" - whatever those things are.

o

Okay; I see the list, no problem. Am I missing another link? Where did this come from:

"Now there is a letter to send out to these corporations form

the disaffected, disgruntled or just downright hateful!

Dear [name of company]: I am writing to you as a [former or potential] customer, to tell you why I will not be doing business with you, purchasing your products or services, nor speaking well of you to my family and friends. You are highly-rated by the "Human Rights Campaign" as a company supportive of many aspects of the homosexual activist agenda..."

I would like to read that. Also, who the heck is Linda Harvey? "The Letter is from Linda Harvey"

Is she an official spokesperson for some group?

o

try this, via mama google:

Here is a link that might be useful: MissionAmerica

o

Thanks, Marshall--but what does that have to do with facts? That's one of those extremist sites. And I still don't know who Linda Harvey is. So this group "MissionAmerica" is the official spokesgroup for the "religious right"?

I'm conservative (read "right") and religious (in my way), but I never heard of this group; they sure don't speak for me. If they speak for anyone here, I'd be very surprised--wouldn't you, honestly?

o

They are all whackos, no matter what religiosity they claim. So it doesn't matter to me who claims to be the author; s/he is another bigot to be ignored. The more we post on this subject, the more "hits" on google and the more the subjects is broadcasted, so to speak.

o

This should put some perspective on it for you. She has friends here that link to the publications she writes for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Right Wing Watch

o

"Thanks, Marshall--but what does that have to do with facts?"

WHOSE FACTS?.

The rediculous & religious right is that group of of organizations generally named hate groups by the SPLC that can usually be found spouting their stuff on WND! Who named them that I just did in this post.... OH!
How are they hate groups I think you need to research SPLC criteria.
Linda Harvey/ Mission America the FRC, THE AFA, Focus on the Family, One Million Mothers against practically everything! WND

Are you interested in any oft this there's a great primer in Right Wing Watch you can find all the players there.
I have a feeling though that it's a passing interest only am I right?

Oh I left out NOM they have all been running around on the wahaaaambulance circuit since the elections & equality victories

Here is a link that might be useful: Read learn

o

"They are all whackos, no matter what religiosity they claim. So it doesn't matter to me who claims to be the author; s/he is another bigot to be ignored. The more we post on this subject, the more "hits" on google and the more the subjects is broadcasted, so to speak."

Good point; I'm outta here. This stuff gives me the creeps anyway.

o

Thought as much!

o

Actually, the more hits, the more information and truth that could possibly reach the light of day. This IS the 21st century, after all... and no one should have to wait this long to be counted among the human race as equal members, through law or otherwise!

If one person who is ignorant reads this and learns that NO ONE is given a choice in their sexuality, that we are ALL born as we are, and that there's no such thing as a homosexual agenda or lifestyle, then posting it WASN'T for naught!

How many times does it need to be said? Homosexuality has been a natural part of our world, including humans and other species, since there was life on this planet.

Homophobia is the new kid on the block.

Short story... someone we know through another person who is a bit prejudiced, just announced that his daughter came to him and told him she was gay. The fact that he's telling all his friends is a sign that... while he's getting used to the idea, because he didn't know, and he's from an older generation... he's supportive and has a decent outlook on equality and human rights. He realizes that everyone is simply who they are. For this to reach us through such channels means that things are changing, in a positive way. That's how we see it, anyway.

Knowledge is power... as long as it's factual knowledge.

o

"Homophobia is the new kid on the block." Very dramatic line, set off by itself like that.

But really? I think we're the new kids on the block. I'll bet that as long as there have been people, they have been of various persuasions in every way and there have always been people who are for or agin', or indifferent to whatever that may have been. Same old same old.

o

Yep that is true Elvis
Generally one group dislikes another it's clear cut & you have the support of the group in your formative (needy years).
The Scottish sword dance or double dutch of being gay and living among (the dangerous) is that often times they are your own family or the faith your unfortunately born into.
It's like being in a cafeteria that by the time your 6 or 7 they have loaded your plate up with a million calories of shame & crap. (most 6 year olds (none) have the character/ego resources to navigate that gauntlet without major trauma.
The very people & institutions you are supposed to use for support have either pathologized you, shunned you or pronounced you hell bound.
I have never met a true homophobe I've know countless
a holes!

Theres a circular firing squad right now going on between NOM Focus on The Family & other members of the religious right over the losses during the election.

o

Well Elvis-dont you think it is time to do something about it? Ignoring that some people seem to have a problem wont make it go away.

I have no right to reject, accept or affirm homosexuality-it is not my right. People of other gender blends dont have to look to me for acceptance. They are-it ought to be enough. If we-the majority(?)-dont say this then nothing changes.

o

Which came first, the chicken or the egg, so to speak, was not the question... my writing style notwithstanding. Though, for someone who said "I'm outta here", that was a mighty quick turn around.

Humans came first... then began the process of dividing themselves into groups based upon various differences for various reasons.

Humans are the only species that allow such differences to bother them, and go so far as to create laws banning what is a natural part of our world.

As Patriciae said, it's time something is done about it. It's time to leave outdated ideas rooted in religiosity behind and legislate for the equal rights of every human being... not just those we find a level of comfort in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here