Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flip-Flop?

Posted by ronalawn82 z9FL (ronalawn08@gmail.com) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 22:54

Or flexible? Versatile?
For example; if one is crossing the road and there is sudden danger, is it a bad thing to change one's mind and retreat to the safety of the sidewalk?
If I believe that the world is flat and there is convincing evidence that it is round; am I a coward to change my mind?
It is my opinion that the Republican Party strategists and radical elements are doing a great disservice to the membership by:-
1. Casting Mr. Charlie Crist as a flip-flop character when apparently all he, as Governor of Florida, did was embrace the President in public.
I am led to conclude that the (finger wagging?) reaction of the Governor of Arizona is more in keeping with the GOP's approval.
2. Castigating Mr. Rick Scott for indicating that he was ready to "have a conversation." on implementing Obamacare. Prior to November 6th. Mr Scott was quite opposed to Obamacare. Is he to be ostracized for making another decision in the light of new circumstances? I did not vote for him but I certainly expect that the Governor of a state would change his position if there is strong evidence that he must do so. I am not a fan of the Governor but I admire his decision not to accept funding for high speed rail because he had a strong argument against it.
3. Branding Gov. Chris Christie as a RINO because he put the interest of the State of New Jersey ahead of his political loyalties.
The election is "done!" (Mr Turzai). President Obama was not 'made a one term President'.(Mr. McConnell) It is time to move on.
We should all revisit these lines:
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

(verse 51 of Edward FitzGerald's translation of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám)
There is an ancient Chinese proverb that goes: “When the wind of change blows, some people build walls, others build windmills.”.
It is time to build windmills - not walls.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flip-Flop?

There are those people that cannot and will not ever admit that they may have made a mistake.

That the other side may have a point or two in their favor.

That their own viewpoint may have a flaw.

That their own group might have more than it's share of idiots as leaders.

Put all of thes people together on the same side....and what do you get?

That's right. Nothing productive, helpful or sensible. Walls every place you look and no ideas about how to improve the situation.

o
RE: Flip-Flop?

The term "flip-flop" has been used so often recently that I'm left with the visual of a poor fish, flopping on the bank of a stream, gasping for the one thing it needs to survive...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here