Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh, regular meetings - of course!

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 23:00

"I'm going to meet regularly with Democrat leaders and Republican leaders. I won't do that once a year, when I say regularly I mean much more frequently than that, because we're going to have to work together," Romney pledged. "These are critical times. This is an election of consequence."

Democrats immediately seized on the irony of Romney delivering these remarks while standing next to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., whom Democrats have long accused of using his power in the House to act as one of the "chief architects" of GOP obstruction to President Obama's agenda.

Yes, why didn't we think of that?

Really, a pledge to have "regular" meetings - that's your great idea? Like Obama wasn't talking to these folks, especially Boehner and Cantor, all along ... and they even reached agreements ... but then the rest of them refused to support even their party folks.

Who the heck does he think he's kidding? Oh, his own folks, that's right.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh, regular meetings - of course!

Brilliant!

That's it...I'm changing who I'm voting for!

o

Let's imagine what "regular meeting" with romney would be like. Maybe something like the round table he had in Colorado that included the teacher. No one may speak unless spoken to by romney, only if he asks a question, and you had better give the answer he's expecting.

I guess I am going to vote for Obama this time. Just can't stand the sight of romney anymore. I almost admire Obama for the first debate. I think he showed incredible restraint while standing there listening to all that romney crud.

o

What a hoot that guy is. It's good to start the day with a laugh.

o

He'll (Romney) would really be scrambling for their attention... wonder where he'd be fit in during the 123 legislative days the House & Senate worked so far in 2012. No reason to think 2013 would be any different. What exactly are we paying these guys for?

Here is a link that might be useful: Days in session calendars

o

Romney is a good fit with less working days. I noticed he disappeared for several days during the campaign. He will end up taking more vacation days than Bush.

It does not matter. Grover Norquist has said they really only need someone that have enough digits to sign what they have planned. The Ryan Plan is what Grover Norquist said is the bill they want signed. Medicare voucher, cuts in safety nets for the poor children that the Nuns on Bus have said is a sin.

Romney.....Bendable, Pliable, Disposable and throw him in the hamper like they did Bush jr. Chris Mathews MSNBC

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here