Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well, they were warned

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 0:48

"Seven people have died in Homs after they inhaled a poisonous gas sprayed by government forces in a rebel-held neighbourhood, activists said.

Activists also told Al Jazeera that scores of others were affected in al-Bayyada neighbourhood. Side effects reported include nausea, relaxed muscles, blurred vision, and breathing difficulties.

Residents said they did not know the nature of the gas sprayed.

"The situation is very difficult. We do not have enough facemasks. We don't know what this gas is but medics are saying it's something similar to Sarin gas," Raji Rahmet Rabbou, an activist in Homs, told Al Jazeera."

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well, they were warned

Peace on earth, has there ever been any?

o

I DO NOT KNOW!!

(Caps for emphasis)

But, we've seen recently on this forum pictures from that area that were faked, just to create an image for the rest of the world.

Given that Obama, I THINK, has said words to the effect that he would not tolerate the Syrian government using gas, I can well imagine that the Rebels might be thinking,....

"Hmmmmmm...."

Google News doesn't seem to have any reports of it other than "from the Rebels". The Israelis...hmmmmm.... also seem to be playing it up.

I just saw this lead in to an article when I searched Google News.

"Business Insider - ‎3 hours ago‎
Now it's clear even the American public considers it unacceptable: a Washington Post poll out last week states 63 percent of Americans support military involvement against Syria if chemical weapons are used. All of which makes the most recent reports out of Homs even more concerning. While there is no official confirmation The Times of Israel reports at least six rebels are reported dead and 60 injured after opposition forces say "poison gas bombs" were dropped on the rebel held town of Homs.
"

It's funny how some things have stuck in my brain from the wee years of my life.

When I was very, very young, I can remember a half hour TV show, the plot of which is a bunch of men gathered around a poker table on a Saturday night which evolves into a plot to kill a local good guy and make it look like the bad guys had done it in order to rally the community against the bad guys. They were going on about how, if Christ had not been crucified, then he might very well have been a forgotten part of history.....

Remember Iraq and the "Weapons of Mass Destruction"?

I DO NOT KNOW!!

Hay

o

Relax, sit in front of the fire and fantasize about it...

o
Meanwhile, From Iran

Meanwhile, from Iran's News

"The terrorists used chemical weapons against the Syrian army forces in Darya district of Reef Damascus today.

"The terrorists have already thrown three cube-shaped plastic bags towards the (Syrian) army's forces that killed seven forces due to the gases emerging from the bags," a commander of the Syrian Presidential Guard told the Iran-based Arab-language Al-Alam news channel on Sunday."

I suspect we'll know the full story right after we get Benghazi figured out. Right after we find the WMD in Iraq...

I DO NOT KNOW!!

Hay

o

What kind of chemical is kept in plastic cubes? Bleach in two bags and ammonia in another? Freeing the chlorine in the bleach? Such hi-tech delivery system too!

o

Looking around this morning, it looks like everybody is accusing everybody else.

Truth is the first causality.

o

Truth is the first causality

Beware of false flag ops for both Syria and Iran.

o

when will you all learn in a war there no rules beside killing. be that killing civilians that happen in wrong place at time or the enemy. Syria is civil war of attrition it well end when one other other side is all dead or one side gains back total control of the country.
You can mourn the tragedy but it will end when the killing ends and one side has lost.
Either side cares nothing about the loss of life of other.
But that is how real wars are fought no compassion just death. yes I am cold about it but both sides are as viscous as they come.

o

'but both sides are as viscous as they come.'

a bit thick, then?

o

you betcha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here