Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will you continue consuming today?

Posted by tobr24u z6 RI (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 4:43

Yes, the day after has become another big shopping day with whopping discounts being offered. I'll be out there as one can never have enough manties...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will you continue consuming today?

I scored some sheets made with American cotton!!

o

Life after Christmas is good!

o

a seafood christmas and some home made rocky road with a coffee...(Oh boy will I pay for this indulgence)

o

Sinful, very sinful...

o

tobr24u, I had to google home made rocky road; cultural synapse and all that.
I was quite disappointed that it was only candy. The terms 'home made' and 'rocky' conjured up a liquid product that one could brew at home and consume on the rocks. Also, we got a "Sodastream" aerator and I am looking for creative ways to make it really useful.
As for your question, I have this gift certificate, a non-working digital camera and some free time today...

o

Yes, good drink recipes are always welcome, and enjoy your post-Christmas outing...

o

Goodness, no. Never go out the day after Christmas, except to work. Which is where I'm heading this morning.

o

Already at work this morning. I will return something to Macy's today at lunch but that's it. Hoping the place is not a zoo, as Macy's in midtown Manhattan often is. I guess that's not considered 'consuming'. I will buy my lunch while out of the office. Does that count?

o

I'm going to continue processing. Food into a soil conditioner.

o

Yes, I'm going to continue consuming the rest of the Christmas cookies and ham until they are gone ....

o

Our Boxing Day is like your Black Friday....no way in heaven I'm venturing out!

Instead , once this house empties out, I'll cuddle up in front of the fireplace with a glass of red wine and tell DH he is on his own with leftovers!

o

So how long will your leftovers and wine hold out? I hope it's long enough! I'll drop by shortly (yea, in my dreams!). But there will be choco martinis (I know, Linda doesn't like that word, but it is what it is) after work tonight! And probably something green. Loads of green. No more sugar!

I awoke on Christmas morning, and my first thought was, at least there won't be any more sale ads! Turned on the news, and bang, an after Christmas advert. heavy sigh It was an extremely slim Christmas this year (the boy did get a coat, but no toys, not even books), but we were happy as larks and healthy this year. So that was good and it reminded us what was really important.

o

The leftovers will hold out longer than the wine will ;)

Glad you had a nice Christmas....

o

One of my dance buddies got a little bit offended the other night when I told her that I don't eat sweets and would pass on her offer of some cookies.

They kept coming at me all last week, but I'm strong.

Yesterday, as I'm getting into the shower, I glanced over at the mirror. OMG!!! Just wonderful!!! It's paying off.

Hay

o
Wanta see?

Wanta see a picture?

Unlike tobr24u, I'm not shy and modest.

Hay

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 10:16

Heavy rain and cold here all day, ain't going anywhere....and wouldn't go shopping if were hot and dry.

Be Bold Hay

o

Tornado warnings here in coastal SC, today. As soon as it clears, I'll go out and walk off the extras I ate, and see if I can use my 2 gift certificates. Gotta help to keep our economy going!

o

I am just basking in the day after glow of doing nothing and watching the snowfall.

I am consuming the wonder of doing nothing and it is great!!!!

o

Wanta see a picture?

No :-)

o

I'm with you, marquest. Doing nothing is an art; it's a legitimate state of being.

o

I'd like to go to the store with the handmade Christmas paper to stock up for next year. Alas, after several days of non stop visits, preparations, and family meals, one boyfriend arrives this afternoon, the other boyfriend arrives tomorrow. So we're cleaning up AGAIN, ironing sheets and pillowcases, restocking groceries and I'm considering calling a dumpster company after everyone leaves and finally getting ready of almost thirty years of accumulated stuff. I've heard frequently, "Mom, if you died we'd never be able to go through all of this this stuff."

So probably the last thing I need to do is go get more "stuff."

But y'all have fun helping out the economy.
I'll settle for the rest of the marinated crab claws and a glass of Asti Spumante.

o

We're not consuming anything today. After two days with the snot-nosed grandkids, we're snot-nosed, sore-throated, and just plain irritable.

But we'll be back over there for New Year celebrations. :)

o

I would say how can I hit both Chase's and demi's house, but since I'm dreaming, I can do it! Crab and bubbly. My favorites! I do like wine and lounging too.

o

I've already had the house consume some natural gas, electricity, and water.

Is that what you mean, tobr?

I wait a few days or so until the Christmas stuff is discounted 75% and then pick up a few things for next year. That shopping will be Saturday, while I'm at the farmers' market.

o

My gift from DH was a voucher granting "permission" to order a soil blocker so I will do that. Otherwise, I shall enjoy sitting in my sweats with seed catalogs beginning the process of elimination for this years garden and will also hopefully consume a long nap. I need it.

o

My New Years resolution: I will no longer wear underwear.

-Ron-

o

nope, I am fitting my new bike saddle (in the rain but.....)

o

• Posted by ohiomom 3rdrockfromthesun (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 13:14

Snug in my warm little apartment watching the blizzard blow through the city by the lake. Midnight service on Christmas eve and a day spent with family and friends, everyone who came and went left with a plates (lead me not into temptation) of food and goodies.

Peace and Love

o

Well, I tried. I had $60 in "Kohl's Cash", left early enough to stop before work, found a coat I liked, got to register only to find I had left the vouchers at home.

"Do-over" tomorrow.

o

After a 10 hr workday today, I tried very hard to spend some $$$ on wrapping paper for next year. Four stops and each was sold out. Not one roll in sight!

Result: I came home with some extra party cash!!

o

I've got some wrapping paper listed on freecycle! Please come get it!

"Kohl's Cash"..hearing that always makes me sigh..and then..Yes dear, I'll go along.

Can you spend Kohl's Cash online? Just curious. :)

o

I'm doing a lot of earning, profit taking, selling, expense cutting, bartering, returning, exchanging etc, but not much personal spending.

o

Brush - apparently you can use Kohl's Cash on line - as long as it's not in conjunction with any other discount offer.

o

I always buy a whole bunch of board games plus some toddler toys, some of those huge boxes of crayons, drawing paper and huge coloring books, card games etc. to put away for next year's Toys For Tot's Marine campaign held every year.
I buy it all *only* on a huge sale so I can get more bang for the buck allotment. However, I will not drive anywhere until I'm sure that the sale is worth it (snowy roads, won't do crowds, don't shop much at all from the day after Halloween either, until mid January) -

WalMart and Target here did not have any good board game sales/toddler toys or big box crayon sales but promised me some good ones tomorrow morning so I will be there bright and early to beat the crowds and stock up for next year's Toys For Tot's box - I've done this all my married life and my parents did it as we were growing up.
-In the 50's it didn't even have to be a new toy still in the box, it could be gently used toys that the Marines fixed up, repaired and painted to look like new, especially bikes.
Toys have changed, nothing is worth reparing anymore, most have a built in shelf life.

The few leftovers were consumed yesterday evening for supper, we always roast a domesticated goose and have some ham for Christmas dinner and there are very few leftovers from goose, and I let DH have it all as it's not particularly a favorite of mine.
I don't overdo on the trimmings for Christmas dinner, make just enough for who we are feeding - no cookies or junk food left but I still am going to break the normal diet of lower carb, no sugar diet and make up two gigantic pans of twiced baked spaghetti for New Year's eve and along with garlic toast, and then will consume until I bust. And...... make a very small pan to leave at home for my very own leftovers, just for me! :)

Usually for NYE, I make up a big pot of gumbo and have white rice along with a nice hot crusty french bread to take over - but I'm really in the mood for twice baked spaghetti - haven't had it in years - and it was agreed that since I'm doing the cooking, I get to choose the basic menu ;)
And then, back to normal living! I'm ready, I'm about holiday-ed out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here