Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: Bill's laptop

Posted by elly_nj NJ z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 9:36

Bill spilled a cup of coffee on his laptop.

I'd like to apologize for that, since he most likely did it going apoplectic reading one of my posts.

Sorry, Bill

: )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: Bill's laptop

Sending Bill a new laptop!

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 10:06

Bill should know better than to drink and hard drive at the same time.

o

On the bright side, he's probably learned not to try and balance a coffee mug on the Esc key.

o

At least with a desk top you usually only destroy the key board.

o

I wish I could just delete unpleasant remarks on my posts, like on my Facebook page.

This is a fun poke at my friend Bill, who is opposed to most things I agree with, but helps me understand why he is. I just see him setting his coffee on the table next to his laptop, reading my post on gun control, hitting the caps lock and then, $#1T! everything goes flying!

Happy Christmas, Bill. Hope you enjoy the day in the loving arms of your family.

Oh. Everyone else, too. Have a great Christmas, even if it's just a few days off (like for me!)

o

I've pretty much learned never to have anything liquid anywhere above my computer.

The other night, my necessary trip to Walmart on the way home?

I've now learned never to leave a keyboard sitting on the floor right in front of one of those little ceramic space heaters I carry around with me in my cold house. How to fry a keyboard.

Hay

o

My problem is always a cat on my keyboard. They have a way of making my computer do things I didn't even know it could do. Sometimes the ony way back is a hard shutdown-always in the middle of some big rose document.

Peace Bill...

o

Thank you very much for the sentiments. :-) I hope to have it back by friday. I had it open to my estimates folder, talking to my son about a project we have coming up, turned to get my portfilio and bring out a hardcopy, and knocked a cup freshly filled up right into it. I was so shocked couldn't even react. My son picked it up by the corner and let it drain as he was pulling the cord and popping the battery, but we were already pretty much screwed. I got super lucky in that I didn't pooch the mother board, but she still needed some TLC from our local electronics wizard.

A very Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hannuka, Happy Solstice, or whatever it is that you celebrate. And with any luck, I'll be back here helping the company that makes Maalox show a better bottom line for 2013. :-)

Oh-- and Elly-- what I see posted here is NOTHING compared to what I get from some of my most liberal friends on Facebook. I've got two friends that would make either one-- heri or nancy, look like Wayne LaPierre.

o

Wayne LaPierre....is he the same as Pepe Le Pew?? :)
Or not.

o

No, aleast Pepe's lucid. LaPierre, not so much, although he DOES have flashes every once in a while.

o

Hey Bill, I am a moderate on social issues and hold to most traditional Democratic principles on economic issues that impact the middle class.

You are the one that is far, far more off to the Right in your views on social issues (abortion, gay rights, gun rights, religion, affirmative action, etc) and just as extreme in your hatred for Obama than any of us were for Mitt Romney.
Want me to post some of your comments about Obama?

Just argue the issues and stop trying to pigeon hole people.
Frankly, those who do that come off like the Romneys, like sore losers who need to fall back on malarkey like, oh he didn't want to win anyway, or I lost the argument but he/she is a wacko liberal anyway. When are people like you and Hay and Foxboxes going to accept the fact that YOU are in the minority in this country, that Obama won by OVER three MILLION votes (more people than attended all 80 home games
for several major league teams) , that Dick Morris lied to you, and that Fox News is a bogus partisan channel that feeds you garbage?
As far as you personally, you have stated that there are a few things that you will NEVER change your mind about. The day that I make such a closed minded statement, then you can put me in an extremist camp like the one you are in.

o

Bill, take it as a sign...

o

WTH does that mean?

o

Hide post.

"Do you want to hide all posts from Heri clues?"

Yes.

Sorry, Bill. Did not mean to open a platform for personal attacks. Won't do this again.

o

Merry Christmas, Heri!

You brighten up every day of my life.

Looking forward to another wonderful, fun filled year with you!!!

Hay

o

Heri, your postings make moderate Democrats shudder and look away in embarrassment. You may think you are a moderate but your tone and rhetoric are often those of an extremist. People of good will can agree to disagree without being consistently disagreeable.

In Bill's situation God struck down his laptop to limit his postings on gun control. You should be thanking God, not attacking Bill personally.

:)

o

lol, Marshall about the coffee. I thought the same thing. Blessings from high on the laptop.

I agree with Heri on almost everything, so I guess that makes me an extremist too. I have a long way to go to top the Right wingnuts though.

o

One advantage of a desk top:

replacement keyboards cost $10

o

"I agree with Heri on almost everything, so I guess that makes me an extremist too."

That's funny!!

This morning as I'm waking up, when I think most clearly, I started thinking about Heri and my mind wandered around to the other posters on this forum.

I don't think many, (any?), of us can claim to be moderate.

I'm glad you are the one to say it.

Merry Christmas to you, too!!!

May none of your wishes come true!!! Politically speaking.

Hay

o

you have stated that there are a few things that you will NEVER change your mind about. The day that I make such a closed minded statement, then you can put me in an extremist camp like the one you are in.>

Hey Heri-- if sticking by what I see as absolute right and wrong makes me an extremist, then so be it. I'm as extreme as they get. You flip flop all you like.. You're good for that.... except on the very same issues that I'm extreme on. Your only gripe is that I'm not extreme in the same direction as you.

Elly-- not a problem. Doesn't matter if it's in a thread started about me, or little green apples. This acorn will find SOME reason to attack. Nothing I'm not used to or don't expect. I'd almost be disappointed if he DIDN'T attack me. Atleast I know I'm getting to him. Otherwise he wouldn't waste the time. :-)

In Bill's situation God struck down his laptop to limit his postings on gun control.

Marshall, I was wondering how long it'd take someone to reach that conclusion. LMAO

o

Title of another thread "Tool?..... Weapon?" Does this fit for a lap top? Used to be the pen was mightier.

o

Mightier than the sword...never claimed to be mightier than a semi-automatic weapon with a hundred-round clip. No a lap top computer link to the internet might compete. All those NRA-inspired posters flooding the internet forums, boards, comment pages are demostrate the power of the computer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here