Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Health insurance exchanges

Posted by david52 z5CO (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 15:06

Politco has an article up on the squabbles amongst republicans on implementing a state-run health insurance exchange -

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=41B3161C-84A2-4119-8D1E-B4D882E9B7ED

Which seems to me rather stupid. If you don't like the Federal Government interfering in your state, then set up your own.

And do they really think that all the people who will now be eligible for subsidized health insurance are not going to sign up the first chance they get?

At the link is an article about how far California has come with this, and may well serve as a model for the other states.

I'm glad I live in a state where they're going ahead with this asap. As soon as they get it up and running, I'm in.

Here is a link that might be useful: how they do it in California

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Health insurance exchanges

I have watched a couple of programs discussing the states that are giving the Federal government the responsibility of setting up their exchanges.

It has been said it might be a tactic that could boomerang and help with the ones that would prefer a single payer system. If the government is given the opportunity of setting up the insurance companies; the more states that elect not to set their own up will be in fact making it easier to slide into a single payer system.

It is like the tactic of making sure government does not work so Obama would be a one term President. When you dig the ditch you usually trip into the ditch you dig.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here