Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now he tells us....

Posted by jerzeegirl 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 15:45

According to an article in the Boston Globe, Tagg Romney confessed that his father "wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life". "If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside."

And yet he still ran.

I find this revelation very disturbing.

Here is a link that might be useful: source

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now he tells us....

The man ran twice (at least) for the nomination of his Party. Sorry, I don't believe Tagg Romney.

o

This family seems to have a problem the truth. Why don't they just say no comment, he lost the election why wrap and hand over your dignity?

o

Weird.

o

Ran twice,put his family, especially his wife through all the stress, spent a gazillion dollars...all becasue there was no one else that could take his place? BULL

o

Irrelevant. My next door neighbor's hairdresser's son said the same thing.

Who cares.

o

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he did believe that he was the only person capable of being president. What an ego. Thank God he lost.

~Ann

o

I expect to see this boy's pants in flames.

Being a Romney you cant just accept that you LOST?

o

Was Mr. Etch-a-Sketch revising reality even to his family?

o

• Posted by vgkg 7-Va Tidewater (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 17:49

Mitt Romney 2012
I Suppose...Why Not?

o

I am just old-fashioned, I guess. I believe that if you are going to run for the most powerful job in the world, you'd better real want it. Anything else is just plain lying to oneself and the citizens of this country.

o

Mitt's Tagg's Mendacity. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

If I was Adelson, a Koch or any funder of his campaign I wouldn't be too pleased with this bit of news whether it was true or not. I bet those who worked hard to get him elected and put all their eggs in his basket aren't happy either.

o

I was always of the mind Romney wanted the office of the presidency - as a resume building thing perhaps. I doubt he gave much thought to the work that might be involved.

Sort of like people who want to be on committees, but only up until the time someone requests they actually do something.

o

The comment is dripping with arrogance at best and at worst, is strange and delusional. This has to be unwelcome by many of his supporters who gave their all for a guy they now find was not 100% committed to winning. It demonstrates how aloof and out of touch the Romneys are. Thank God they got their azzes kicked in the election and will not represent America.

The twisted logic behind the statement seems to telegraph a desire to withdraw from the public arena rather than to find a way to place himself in the service of the American people or to his political party.

It was and is all about the Romneys.

That kid that Romney with his little gang of spoiled rich kids pinned down while he butchered his hair and Seamus the helpless animal riding on the roof at highway speeds should have told you all you needed to know about how much Romney cared about anything or anyone other than himself.
What an expensive POS. Goodbye, Romneys, and good riddance. Your wish to evaporate into obscurity is granted, but you just tarnished the fleeting memory people will have of you and your clan.

This post was edited by heri_cles on Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 6:04

o

I had wondered if the GOP saw a tall, affable, (previously electable) white guy, with good hair, who was also rich enough to carry some of the load.

o

I was always of the mind Romney wanted the office of the presidency - as a resume building thing perhaps. I doubt he gave much thought to the work that might be involved.

It is like some members of various boards of directors. Some people prefer to be "in name only". Unfortunately it doesn't work for President of the US.

o

I find this revelation very disturbing.

me, too. He knows Obama personally, and alot better than any of us, and when no one else stepped up that had a chance, he was willing to put his own wishes aside and do what he felt necessary to try and stop Obama. Very unsettling indeed.

o

A plutocrat having to get his pant cuffs dirty in Presidential politics on behalf of the plutocracy. Poor Romney

o

he was willing to put his own wishes aside and do what he felt necessary to try and stop Obama.

And yet GOP politicos are criticizing Romney because he was in the race for his personal ambition and not to help the Republican Party. Again, the link to Meg Whitman - it's all about their ambitions and no loyalty to the party.

o

Tagg is a clone of his old man in looks and character. I always thought there was something "off" about Romney. He's a cold unfeeling man unable to feel apathy to people OR animals. I'd be mighty pissed off if I were the Koch's or Adelson or anyone who contributed to the billion dollar campaign.

o

Typical Romney family comment. Have to have some reason why "the old man" lost the election. can't be that the people just didn't want him.

Mitt isn't a loser, he doesn't lose at anything, not something that can be acceptable, not since his lost to Ted Kennedy in a Senate race in MA.

The Romney's, Dad, Mom and the 5 sons, nothing but arrogant, high and mighty, I'm better than you are, always have been always will be.

He will go to his grave and never be able to accept the simple fact that he lost the election because the people didn't want him. It's that simple, and something that Mitt and company just can't accept, deal with and understand, never will either.

o

Will Tagg be more enthusiastic when he runs?

o

I think it's more likely that the powers that be in the republican party decided that Romney was the most electable of those running, because he had the least number of skeletons in his closet (and that is a sorry statement). They ran him as a puppet, giving him endless amounts of money to win, and he was going to be the empty vessel who would be filled with their ideas and wishes. He was going to become their personal representative, just like FoxNews is the media wing of the republican party, and is told what to say.

o

I agree that Romney looked around and saw the cast of clowns who were his opponents in the GOP primaries. The poohbahs of the party assured him Obama was a one termer. After all they did everything to make that happen. But it backfired and the election wasn't even close.

In your face, Tagg. Your dad and your whole family are not liked.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here