Return to the Hot Topics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
World energy still a problem

Posted by pnbrown z6.5 MA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 17:30

The recent world energy report has focussed attention - at least in the NA media - on the startling and seemingly wonderful prediction that the US will become the largest oil exporter by 2025.

The reality is much less rosy and much more complicated than that possibility would seem to imply, as explained in the link:

"You don't know what bad times are until you don't have enough energy to run the machinery of civilization"

Here is a link that might be useful: world energy outlook

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: World energy still a problem

Brown, that's loooog. Worth reading, for sure.

So about the time I start to get "old", life will be like that TV show "Revolution". Wonder if I can rig this kepboard so that I can use the treadmill and cruise HT at the same time--I'll need to be in good shape ;D

o
RE: World energy still a problem

Soylent Green scenario in our future? 2022 is just down the timeline and a scenario also plagued by global warming and weather nasties.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Topics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here