Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jborres

WANTED: anything

jborres
17 years ago

any houseplants that arent very difficult to grow because i am very knew at this and i am learning as i go...any suggestions i will be willing to listen

Comments (5)

• pirate_girl
    17 years ago

Hi,

It's customary to at least offer postage here in exchange for plants if one has none to offer (yet) in trade. Maybe you don't know that yet. Otherwise, begging plants w/out offering anything in exchange is frowned on here & not welcome.

You could also try asking your friends &/or neighbors &/or go to your local Home Depot or Lowes & buy some. You can also go to your local library & ask to browse basic Houseplant books & you'll be able to get an idea of plants that are good for beginning gardners.

• jborres
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well to be honest with you no i did not know that i would offer postage, i was thinking when i posted that i was actually going to have to pay for a plant that was already rooted and i only came here to get a variety of plants that other people have that home depot and lowes dont have... and i didnt think that by any means i was begging for plants...i have several plants already but the only one that i have that has little ones is a spider and it appears that 90% or more on here already have spiders so i would offer them for free if someone wanted them,,,,i was just saying if anyone had any suggestions about plants that would be easy for me because i was new that i would be willing to listen cause i dont know much about houseplants....unfortunatley i thought this was a site that i could come to discuss houseplants and get some info from some others that appear to have better luck than me....i was mistaken and your response was quite rude hopefully my encounter with others on here will not be the same...god bless and have a great day

• katiekaboom000
    17 years ago

Hay, I Have a mother-in-lawÂs tong and some pothos if you are interested they are both really easy to care for. I would be interested in a spider plant.

• grandmascuttings
    17 years ago

Hi there, I would like some spider plants too,or corn plant. Im new here too, but everything I have is easy to propagate. Im not even sure of the names, of the two I could offer, One has green leaves w/ silver bars and grows into a full pot (w/ many cuttings) the other is a succulent with the same habbits. I also have jades and aloe. No pics of them yet, but will try to get some soon. All are eay to grow and propagate.

• jborres
    Original Author
    17 years ago

i would love to trade with both of you and i am willing to try any plant out the only thing that i have to say is that i was told that we shouldnt trade until it gets nicer outside because they can die in the cold so if you want to trade in the spring that would be great...i am in pa and it is very cold here..so let me know if you are both still interested
    jessica

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia