Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone wanna trade?

Posted by amber_m 5 (ambermcmyne@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 14:35

ok, so someone very kindly offered me some cuttings, and when i recieved the package i opened it and was surprides when i saw not the cuttings i was expecting but two rooted plants that were sent to me by mistake. ive had them around and have been considering them and i dont really care too much for them. i have a H. cv. iris marie and D. geri... i just dont really like the dischidia as much as hoyas and i dont care much for the iris marie because its going to need to be a climber and i dont really have room for it, i need stuff thats going to be okay in a hanging basket. heres some pics, i was just wondering if anyone would like to trade some hoya cuttings or hoya rooted plants for them??? email me if interested...

iris marie

D. geri

heres another one of the iris marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone wanna trade?

Most of the hoyas will be climbers, that depends on how you train them. Maybe you need to check and see if the one who sent them wants you to send them to the correct person. That would be the honest thing to do if you got them by mistake.

o

ive already spoke with the person, i did so the minute i got it. she said oh well i can keep them and she would figure out something with the other person. i always do the honest thing, i even offered to ship it back to her and she said no just keep them.

o

Then go for it. Hope you have luck they are lovely plants.

o

'Iris Marie' is not a climber at all. Mine hangs down about 3.5 feet below the pot...
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
(This photo is from a couple years ago...)

And Dischidia geri turns into a gorgeous hanging plant. I'm surprised you don't like either of them if hanging is what you want. They're both so healthy looking, too. I'd be leary of stressing nice healthy plants by mailing them again so soon...

Denise in Omaha

o

oh wow! okay, i was told that it likes to be upright, but i think i might hang on to it if it can hang...

o

Hi Amber, I just sent you an email about these plants. I'm interested. Barb

o

barb, i just emailed you back, lol

o

To each their own but I was going to say, what lovely plants! I can't imagine someone not liking them.

Susan

o

I'm with you, Susan. :P Viva Dischidia!

o

I agree with Susan and Greedyghost, those are lovely plants. Anyone have anymore, ship them my way. I will keep them.
John

o

I would be soooooo excited if someone even sent me cuttings by mistake lol! Keep them girl! I love all plants look at it like it happened for a reason!

o

yea more and more im thinking im gonna keep them. i do like both of them, i just wasnt sure about the flowers on the d. geri... but the leaves are very cute!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here