Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya ID pls

Posted by yctan118 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 07 at 10:56

Hi all,
This is a native hoya from malaysia. Can you help me to ID pls?

Image link: Hoya ID pls (49 k)

Here is a link that might be useful: MyHoya

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya ID pls

Hi,I am sorry I do not know the name of your hoya but when I visited Bangkok this summer I picked one up from the market that has leaves that look like yours I think. Is your leaves hard/stiff? Well this maybe not the case because by the time i got the poor plant home(Canada)almost all the leaves were starting to yellow and the leaves were very wrinkle so I cut it up and I think I have some rooted. But the leaves are very hard I can not remember what the plant looked like when I first got it. On a side note I love Malaysia we spent 25 days with a rented car going around the east coast and abit in penang and K.L. I hope someone can i.d this hoya for you,maybe it is the same one I have. Cindy

o

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for your reply. The leaf is not too soft but is definitely not the hard type.
Glad that you enjoy staying in Malaysia and you are always welcome to Malaysia again.

I am very new to Hoya... So far I only have a few types at home. I hope to learn more from this forum :D

o

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/cpawl/P1000748.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/cpawl/P1000747.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/cpawl/P1000746.jpg

Hi,yctan. Here is my picture's of the hoya I am talking about. The first two show the new cutting I was able to save and the third picture is how most of the plant looked before cutting it up.Do you think the plant looks like yours as I am new to hoyas myself.Cindy

o

Your plant looks like it could be Hoya mitrata.

Mike

o

It is probably a Hoya mitrata.

o

Those are all gorgeous,i'll take one of each!!
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here