Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rare Hoya Compacta??

Posted by teisa Tn (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 7:21

This is a neat looking Compacta, I ran across on eBay. Has anyone else ever saw variety?

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay auction

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rare Hoya Compacta??

Not me, but packing that for shipping looks like a challenge! ~ Mary

o

I have one! Well....I lost all but one strand I have managed to bring back from near death! This is a nice one I call mine tri color. I may be wrong on that, I like all of the Ropes, they are so neat in shape.

o

ALH, ask where you acquired yours? I would love to get one like this, but I'm really debating on whether to order this time of year! I'm afraid this eBay person may not have many of them! So I want to get an more places to get one when it's warm enough to ship! Thanks!

o

Teisa,
I believe this is a reputable vendor on eBay. I've never ordered from him, but have seen positive comments here on the forum. He should be well experienced to pack that baby up nicely so it should arrive in good shape. Tough time of year to be accepting plant material, but he offers heat packs for $3. Those I have had good experience with.

If the price stays within your budget, I say, go for it. It really is a nice plant, though I don't think it's super rare.
Gail

o

I really would LOVE to have this Hoya. I was just always afraid to order during winter as I've never used the heat packs. I really appreciate your input, it has helped me make my decision to bid. This is a very reputable dealer, he says in listing "seldom- if ever listed". Don't know if I'll win, but I sure hope!!! It will make a nice Valentines present (;

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here