Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitzicos

New order from Thailand

mitzicos
13 years ago

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to place a new order from Thailand and would like to know if those hoyas can make a 25 days trip.

I dont know if they are resistant or not, so I need the help of the expertises!!!

Shopping Cart

Item Unit Price Qty. Cost

Hoya lauterbachii non rooted cutting.

[remove]

Hoya archboldiana pink non rooted cutting.

[remove]

Hoya benguetensis non rooted cutting.

[remov

Hoya ciliata non rooted cutting.

[
Hoya darwinii non rooted cutting.

[remove]

Hoya lasiantha non rooted cutting.

[remove]

Hoya hypolasia non rooted cutting.

[remove]

Hoya onychoides (Venus ) non rooted cutting.

[remove]

Can you guys help me please?

Comments (8)

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

I think that the ones you have chosen should do well, the only ones I have struggled to get from Thailand have been Hoya darwinii and Hoya dennisii and you don't have those on your list. Hoya hypolasia has thin stems but fairly succulent leaves so it is difficult to tell with that one. When I ordered my Hoya hypolasia it looked terrible but survived, this is not an easy Hoya to grow either because it's picky about moisture and seems to grow slow.
    It looks like you are ordering from Aleya's Garden? Have you thought about using the padded envelope instead of a box for shipping? You can ship three cuttings in an envelope for much less cost than the box and it works well. I am not positive that the envelope method is available for shipping to Brazil but it's worth looking into.

Mike

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mike,

Yes it is from Aleya garden. They ship envelopes to Brazil but took 35 days to arrive. I'm considering the registered mail, which is around $12, so it it not very expensive.

I have another order from Jony that left US on Dec 20 and it is lost somewhere.

I have 13 cuts in this order and I'm very sad about it!

The Brazilian Post Office says that the package did not get in Brazil and USPS says that it was shipped and Brazil must investigate, and I cannot do anything..................... It is very sad!

I knew I shouldn't order close to Christmas but I was so sad with my mom healthy that I just bought to try to feel better.

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My cuts arrived today from US, I lost 3 of them due to the delay in Brazilian Post Office............ very sad, but one cut was very small and thin, the chance to survive was really low.

I hope the ones from Thailand arrive faster.

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Hi
    Its so disappointing when you spend the time picking out what want and then wait for them to come.You open the box to see them dead.What 3 hoyas did not make the long trip and what others did you get?
    I hope your thai hoyas arrive fast and alive.Did you end up ordering the above?

Cindy

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Cindy,

From Aleya I ordered those cuts above.
    The ones that did not survive from US are: dimorpha, cv sunrise and another one that I can't find now the name LOL.
    It took more than a month to arrive due to Brazilian Post Office inefficiency (I dont know if the word exist)!!!

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Seven cuts looks ok, if Brazilian mail did not delayed the deliver the 10th should be just fine!

• debbie_ny
    13 years ago

Hello! Not sure how the shipment will be getting to you, but I have found that using EMS from Thailand works very well..It's a little pricier (is that a word?!?!) but I find it's worth it..I've never had a problem getting full rooted, healthy plants that way....cuttings are a different matter altogether...the more tender they are the worse they tend to fare...especially the thin leafed ones..with EMS my orders arrive very healthly to the US within 4-5 days (I know, it sounds very unbelievable, but it is true).....I think when a problem arises it's from the country accepting the order, not the country shipping it. And a package can get caught up in the system forever, only to arrive and you find everything dead. Very sad.

• mitzicos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Debbie,

Brazil does not allowed the importation of plants. We import under our own risk to get caught and loose everything! EMS I have used before but it takes 3 weeks, USPS was a great option from US but I ordered in the Christmas week, a big mistake.
    The problem was here in Brazil. But all the express mails goes directly to custom, so a very high risk for me. As I have to order small parcels, due to fiscalization, the shipment prices must be as low as possible. I lost a lot of rooted plants and cuts, but as all here know we cannot stop. LOL! I'll continue to order, to loose, and order again! Thank you very much for the tip.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions