Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need to got some more plants, CANADA

Posted by houseplantlover ontario/canada (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 10:44

Where is a good place to order online plants that is a Canadian company? There is so many great places out there but all I see is plants from the USA and that is costly for us Canadians. What was your experience with the company?

Is it spring yet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need to got some more plants, CANADA

Pike Lake Greenhouse sells nice plants from what I have heard but they do not have an online presence. Hopefully someone can forward you their contact info.

Paul Shirley Succulents in the Netherlands is one of the best places to get cuttings if youre a Canadian. I would highly recommend taking a look at the Hoyas Mr. Shirley has available. You will of course have to wait for spring before you can order plants.

Mike

o

Mike, wouldnt ordering from the Neatherlands be really expensive? I am looking for Canadian companies only, thanks.

o

I have ordered from Pike Lake and I thought his plants were beautiful! I was very happy with my purchases. He doesnt have alot of varieties - but it will certainly give you a start. I only wish he had a few more.....

o
RE:RE: I need to got some more plants, CANADA

Sorry I guess I should of added His phone number is (306) 668-4706 His name is Tom. I'm sure he can fax you his list of plants he has as he is not on the internet.

o

No it is not much more expensive than ordering from a Canadian source and Mr. Shirley has over 100 different species available as cuttings. Mailing cuttings is not expensive but mailing potted plants is, it all depends on what you are looking for.
You can also trade with members here or on the Hoyas.ca site if you have plants that are large enough to take cuttings from. Many of us rely on group orders from overseas to get the less common Hoyas and I am sure once you exhaust the Canadian sources you will want to look elsewhere. Believe me hanging around this site will have you neck deep in Hoyas in no time.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul Shirley Succulents

o

thanks golden and mike, u have made my day.

o

anybody else got any info?
thanks stac

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here