Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oowl

My First EVER Hoya Bloom!

OOwl
11 years ago

I'm not new to houseplants but I am to Hoyas. I was mostly an orchid grower until I discovered Hoyas at my favorite local garden shop. I got a few over the past summer, and I ordered some online. To date, nothing has died at all, so they must really like the conditions here in Texas. Even though it's quite dry here, I have aquariums in my home, so it's always humid. Anyway, I wasn't really expecting blooms anytime soon, especially with just getting started and acquiring small, immature plants. I love the foliage of Hoyas and I was content to just enjoy that for a while. The ones summering outside, I brought in and put under cheap plant bulbs (seriously, the ones at Wal-Mart mounted on my plant stand!) and, low and behold, the plants love it! I have 8 orchids in spike and I noticed my clearance $5 Hoya lacunosa in bloom and more coming! How exciting! The fragrance is lovely, too. I see why all of you are so enamored with the plants. Before today, I had never even seen a REAL hoya in bloom, only pictures, so it's pretty exciting for me. :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?